• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok honestly speaking, would you approach a landed UFO?

is it a she? will it turn out like those romantic animes i watch? if yes, i definitely would

if not, i would just take some pics/vids and get the hell away before i find governments agents and they have to silence me or some shady shit like that

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
depends if they are grotesque eldritch abominations or hot asari
PtK5ckq.png

Yes. I think popular culture depictions of aliens pretty much just show humankind projecting its own violent impulses onto potential extraterrestials.

I have to believe anyone who masters interstellar travel is above petty violence.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish that they'd swoop down in a country lane
Late at night when I'm driving
Take me on board their beautiful ship
Show me the world as I'd love to see it
Had the same song playing in my head.

I'd approach the UFO, why not? If they wanted to harm me, running away from an impossibly superior civilization would do me no favors. If they didn't, interacting with those space folks would be an unforgettable experience.

BlitzKeeg

While I'd like to say I'd try to make peaceful and positive contact with them in order to give them a good impression, I doubt it would happen.

A humans response when exposed to something entirely unknown is either fight or flight, and in this scenario I'm going to guess that 99% of the population would run away immediately, no matter how curious they are. It's too hard wired into our functioning to not do.

That being said, if I could actually make contact with them, I'd hope that they don't immediately kill me or give me frenzy.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Honestly speaking OP, I wouldn't approach parked exotic car. I'm not trying to get shot by someone claiming I tried to steal it so I sure as hell ain't ready to get shot by a death ray. Call me negative if you must.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
"I have so many questions. Want to go get a beer?"

Wouldn't even hesitate. Just getting perspective from people in other areas of the same country can be stimulating and enlightening. The opportunity to descant about everything is impossible to pass up. The only question is what to talk about first.

Would not bother recording the whole thing. Believe more or don't. Not my problem.

Why do you assume the alien speaks english or any earth language. Hell why do you assume the alien speaks?

Yes. I think popular culture depictions of aliens pretty much just show humankind projecting its own violent impulses onto potential extraterrestials.

I have to believe anyone who masters interstellar travel is above petty violence.

Perhaps the civilizations that were invaded by the Europeans thought so too.

akira28

I would steal it. hide it in the woods , or under a lake or something. But if I came up on a UFO full of aliens, unless they were sexy I would just grab some pictures and leave.

I have approached a landed UFO. By which I mean, a strange blue and yellow light descended and landed on the lightly wooded mountainside near my house, one night when I was 14. My brother and I were "camping" in the back yard, not yet asleep. I'm 44 now, and still have not experienced anything that would let me reasonably guess what it was. It made no noise, and I'm adamant that it was not most people's first guess: fireworks.

My brother and I went to check it out, but we didn't find anything. I combed the area the next day, too, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

So whatever. It amounted to nothing, but I didn't know that going in.

Nepenthe

Hell no.

Realistically, I'd run. In the scenario where I'm a cool and quirky protagonist, I'd hide out and get some good photos and pics; do a livestream on YouTube or something, before booking it anyway.

But to approach a UFO arms out like "What up, bro?!" Out of your mind.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd be more concerned about what the government would do to me if they found out I approached a UFO then the UFO itself.

I saw a UFO once (or twice actually). I recall being overcome with fear. So as much as I'd like to think I'd make contact, I'd probaly just shit my pants and cry.

I would imagine that a advanced species capable of FTL. Would be kind and peaceful. So I would approach the UFO offer any aid I could. Maybe ask to take a look at there warp drive. Get a tour around the cosmos? Would be amazing! A game changer for mankind.

Zimbardo

no thanks.

i'd be concerned about contamination (catching some kind of alien disease) or being captured ...or outright killed on the spot.

as interesting it'd be to see the craft, etc, up close ...screw that.

Not

Banned
Sure, how else is my life going to mean anything in comparison to the vastness of perceivable space and time

Bring out my first low-res digital camera from the 90's, then proceed to shake it while taking pictures. Thus collecting hard evidence that it happened.

Top Bottom