• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Testfire Thread: This is a port...able game now

Beartruck

I love how the roller can throw a thin or a wide spray now. Thin helps you cover ground much better. The powerslam fist ult is hype as shit too.

Just like with the first game I just can't get into this.

I feel the aiming is really loose even when adjusting settings, matches are too quick and the total lack of any team play due to there being no chat or anything really hurts this. Wish I could be playing with friends.

Plus that music makes my ears bleed. This just isn't for me.

Thoughts:

Game looks pretty good. Though it needs anti-aliasing, or bump it to 1080.

Music is awesome like always. That defeated track is so nice.

Can't tell much from the gameplay yet. Seems just about the same, which is fine. Also I'm so rusty, and every match ended up 2v4, so yeah.

zenspider

Not sold on the game yet. The motion controls are not good. I didn't know I could turn them off until a few minutes ago. I played one match with them off and instantly became great at the game. Control stick is a million times better.

The different weapons are cool but I hope there is more to the game. So far it's interesting but doesn't seem worth a full price purchase. Never played the first Splatoon at all.

Ok. Not liking them doesn't mean they're not good. Splatoon is the gold standard of gyro aiming, and if you're not able to jump while aiming and snap in mid-air, you're not "instantly great" - their's a much higher skill ceiling.

Jintor

last 30 seconds of every match is me tensing up and holding my breath as we speed towards an inevitable defeat

i'm cursing my team with every second breath

splatoon's back baby

Black Hat

The motion controls are as on point as ever. So effortless and smooth.

I honestly don't get how people dont like them. At first takes some getting used to. But once you have it, man. I wish all shooters were this way.

Do you play inverted in other games?

I dunno... my brain isn't wired that way. Confuses the hell out of me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So.... can't say I quite get it....

Game isn't for me I guess.
Ranked mode is a lot better, there are map objectives and the ink is a form of advancement and area denial vs the spray everything nature of normal mode

General mobility tips are to flick upwards with a quick spray then go right back into squid mode as that is way higher mobility

watershed

Banned
Great fun. I am still pretty noob but did well with a 500 record overall in the hour. Dualies are fun. The roll is a good move. I wish there was a permanent demo for this game.

Totakeke

What was Nintendo thinking with rollers, they are clearly OP.

Wc8RjGz.jpg
EE3xPAy.jpg

I squid.

I played it at the preview events and thought the controllers felt a bit heavy, but it was actually due to those latches they stuck on to the controllers so this felt great. Still trying to figure out how to use dualies but you can really sneak up on someone with it.

Yup, still got it. Same old Splatoon. 'Teas fun, normally 2000-3000 points per game

Edit: It was weird though, -2 sensitivity seemed too slow whereas -1 and 1.5 seemed to quick, that's always the hardest part for me when it comes to shooters

Maengun1

FINALLY got in for exactly one round, lol. But we won by over 20% and I got ~1800p sooo.

I was worried about the X for map instead of gamepad, and, first impression is that I hated it. It took me most of the match before I even realized I was the one squid with eyes and found myself lol. Super jumping is weird now.

I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly but bleh right now

imscore71

Neo Member
I played about 2 full matches(both of them were 4v1??), the other 14 or so had communication errors at some point. Judging by the rest of the thread this wasn't common. Should I assume it's my Wi-Fi?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Very solid. Just more Splatoon. Little innovation, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Mostly played docked with pro controller, but did a couple games portable to see how I liked it. Better docked, but not bad portable since the gyro aiming doesn't take big movements.

Top Bottom