• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek/ex-Vigil show HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age (F2P, TPS, console/PC, 4 co-op)

Loxley

Reminds me a lot of this:

9IUoG9H.jpg

Which is a good thing.

Ridley327

Did that ever come out? High Voltage was working on that if I'm not mistaken.

No, no one ever wanted to pay for it, so it went on their backburner. High Voltage isn't doing much of anything these days that isn't a port, so it's unlikely to resurface.

The levels are procedurally generated crafted tiles of certain themes too, from places like abandoned mines, towns, bayous, etc. They're randomly combined based on certain criteria. The premise is that whatever enemies you fight can vary from zombies, skeletons, human cultists, etc depending on each location, and they become more inhuman the farther you venture out from civilization.

The controls are more slow and methodical, but not tank'ish like RE or anything.

is there random loot? i would love another warframe in this setting!

sheet, i was waiting for a darksiders game but it is just another zombie game...

edit:

The levels are procedurally generated crafted tiles of certain themes too, from places like abandoned mines, towns, bayous, etc. They're randomly combined based on certain criteria. The premise is that whatever enemies you fight can vary from zombies, skeletons, human cultists, etc depending on each location, and they become more inhuman the farther you venture out from civilization.

The controls are more slow and methodical, but not tank'ish like RE or anything.

hmm nowyouhavemyattentiondicaprio.gif

abrack08

So they made a 4 player coop game... After saying the next Darksiders probably would have been 4 player coop.

I'd rather have that game... Plus it being part of their "games-as-a-service range" screams micro-transactions

But hey, I liked both Darksiders a lot so I'll give this a chance.

Damn man. I wished Crytek bought the Darksiders IP and let Vigil make another. This game doesnt sound that appealing unless there's a lot of melee combat in it.

sn00zer

Damn man. I wished Crytek bought the Darksiders IP and let Vigil make another. This game doesnt sound that appealing unless there's a lot of melee combat in it.

Well they bought the studio which is better than just getting the IP....also Im wondering if this was the 'Crawler' concept they were working on

tragic

Developer
Finding out what I'm allowed to say (much more in the next few days/week). That being said, there has already been a lot of positive reaction and general optimism on NeoGAF in particular, and it's definitely something we see and appreciate.

I don't want to sound to corporate'ish ('cause I hate that BS too), but I DO want to stay employed and working on this game! That being said, I honestly look forward to seeing what you all have to say in the next week or so (and answering your questions once I am allowed to!).

If you believe anything, believe that I have wanted to talk about this game for a year and a half... and we are almost there! =)

Gbraga

Hi.

I'm back! <3

AAAAWWWW SHIEEEEEEET

My favorite dev in the west is back :D

Finding out what I'm allowed to say (much more in the next few days/week). That being said, there has already been a lot of positive reaction and general optimism on NeoGAF in particular, and it's definitely something we see and appreciate.

I don't want to sound to corporate'ish ('cause I hate that BS too), but I DO want to stay employed and working on this game! That being said, I honestly look forward to seeing what you all have to say in the next week or so (and answering your questions once I am allowed to!).

If you believe anything, believe that I have wanted to talk about this game for a year and a half... and we are almost there! =)

I take it you're the combat designer for this game too, correct?

tragic

Developer
AAAAWWWW SHIEEEEEEET

My favorite dev in the west is back :D

<3

I take it you're the combat designer for this game too, correct?

Combat, general gameplay, player progression, etc. Everyone has a hand in everything - small team, big responsibilities. I'll explain more about what I specifically do when it won't compromise major elements of our reveals =). AAARGH, can't wait!

Gbraga

Combat, general gameplay, player progression, etc. Everyone has a hand in everything - small team, big responsibilities. I'll explain more about what I specifically do when it won't compromise major elements of our reveals =). AAARGH, can't wait!

You really wanna share, but you can't. That's tragic.

Everything about it reminds me of Hunter: The Reckoning. One of my favorite co-op games of all time and I had so much fun playing it with my cousin on the gamecube. Going to keep an eye on this for sure.

KKRT00

Thats interesting, very interesting.

I would love to have such a game in TPS format with Diablo like ARPG mechanics.

Hyun Sai

Warframe suffers from the same problem I described, if not more so with the repetitive grinding and little interest.

Fine if you like that sort of thing but to me it's not very challenging or rewarding.

And that's Ok.

There are plenty of good games for those who enjoy competitive MP shooters, and not enough for those enjoying the cooperative ones, and there is definitely an interest for the latters, judging on how Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was popular even after they stopped updated it.

Top Bottom