• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

LuCkymoON

Banned
So how does using a controller feel? Do you feel as in control as with a keyboard?

I want to get a controller and plug this sucker into my tv if its not a disadvantage.

It's great for melee classes, but others have said it sucks for ranged classes.
It's fully customizable, even the dpad can be used as hot keys.

I don't know how you PVP guys do it-I would be royally pissed if I was questing and some dude jumped me out of nowhere >.<

the only class that would have a hard time with gankers are berserkers. Everyone else can easily get away and if you're on a mount it would take an ambush to stop you.

2San

I don't know how you PVP guys do it-I would be royally pissed if I was questing and some dude jumped me out of nowhere >.<
Play a class with a Glyphed Teleport Jaunt(sorc or mystic). No one can catch you and you can catch everyone, unless they switch channels. :(

Ganking really doesn't happen that much though, and you can always switch channels. That said I since I always play in a 3 man party, I never get ganked. :( It's mostly us doing the killing. Guild versus Guild are more fun, but it's funny when random bystanders flag themselves to help the opposing guilds.
the only class that would have a hard time with gankers are berserkers. Everyone else can easily get away and if you're on a mount it would take an ambush to stop you.
Nah a sorc or mystic can easily catch someone on a mount(except other sorcs or mystics I guess).

Rokal

So the game is great? Hows community? people socializing?

How is the story? Well written, or standard so-so ala Aion?

GAF guild on Dragonfall is great so far.

The story is ...not so great. Definitely get the Aion vibe from it. En Masse did a pretty good job injecting some humor/character into the quests, but overall there are just waaaay too many quests. You will not read the quests unless you feel like reading 1-2 windows of text for the 6-8 quests you seem to get in every hub.

Thankfully, the combat is good enough that it doesn't matter much.

Look at this handsome mofo
x6yPn.jpg

Guys, I watched parts of clips of that KTERA Warrior that solo-ed a dungeon last night.

He took on a BAM that is a level higher than his level all on his own.

A good Warrior is so fucking boss.

Hhhhhhh

Owensboro

After watching the Giantbomb Quick Look I'm totally in. I just have one question: How does the mount from the digital collector's edition work? Can you use it right out of the gate or do you still need to wait for a certain level before you can use it? Considering the amount of time I've spent without a run speed increase or mount in MMO's, I'd rather not do it again if I have the choice.

mileS

I have not read a single quest because at 80% UI size the font is impossible to read.

For all I know I could be missing the greatest story ever told.

(Probably not)

thats why you should leave the UI scale default and make everything else small with the drop down menu right below in the options.

Guys, I watched parts of clips of that KTERA Warrior that solo-ed a dungeon last night.

He took on a BAM that is a level higher than his level all on his own.

A good Warrior is so fucking boss.

Hhhhhhh

Yes, yes they are. They only get better. It's going to be interesting when the dodge change comes (and the ability to possibly parry attacks) They already are the best melee for staying alive/not taking huge damage from boss fights in instances (or bams). Oh what I would do for death from above on my Slayer, or an instant move that makes me completely invincible to damage that can be on a 7second cooldown. If they can dodge without mana (and a cooldown) they will be by far the best melee class to play. I'm probably going to get shit on for saying this but thats how I see it. Slayers may be faceroll for leveling but they are a hell of a lot harder to play in some boss fights/bams.

Zafir

After watching the Giantbomb Quick Look I'm totally in. I just have one question: How does the mount from the digital collector's edition work? Can you use it right out of the gate or do you still need to wait for a certain level before you can use it? Considering the amount of time I've spent without a run speed increase or mount in MMO's, I'd rather not do it again if I have the choice.
The collectors edition mount is for level 20.

I did however get a level 11 mount as a preorder bonus, so I think you can probably get mounts as early as level 11.

NeOak

The collectors edition mount is for level 20.

I did however get a level 11 mount as a preorder bonus, so I think you can probably get mounts as early as level 11.

You get a mount as a quest reward at level 11 when you get to Velika if you don't have the preorder mount. The starter island (1-11) is small, so you never feel like you need a mount there.

arimanius

Heads up PVPers - character transfers amongst all the PvP servers are now open. GET THEE TO THE VALLEY OF TITANS!

https://twitter.com/#!/TERAonline/status/199607548507205633

I'll be moving my alt I rolled on BC (when I couldn't get to VoT) during the headstart over TONIGHT. No more lonely GAFless nights for me. :)

Kick ass, I just moved my Archer alt from JC to VoT and it took about 2 secs. Got a prompt to rename it and I'm in. Easy peasy.

Yes, yes they are. They only get better. It's going to be interesting when the dodge change comes (and the ability to possibly parry attacks) They already are the best melee for staying alive/not taking huge damage from boss fights in instances (or bams). Oh what I would do for death from above on my Slayer, or an instant move that makes me completely invincible to damage that can be on a 7second cooldown. If they can dodge without mana (and a cooldown) they will be by far the best melee class to play. I'm probably going to get shit on for saying this but thats how I see it. Slayers may be faceroll for leveling but they are a hell of a lot harder to play in some boss fights/bams.

So, so boss :(

(I play healer class) (I was both sadface, but also jawdropped!, when I saw that warrior just solo the hell out of that dungeon / BAMs)

Slayer is also a very bad-ass class, though. But warriors, when they are really good, they are super impressive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So, so boss :(

(I play healer class) (I was both sadface, but also jawdropped!, when I saw that warrior just solo the hell out of that dungeon / BAMs)

Slayer is also a very bad-ass class, though. But warriors, when they are really good, they are super impressive.

This is why warriors don't need much changes at all. But meh gonna be op as fuck for a bit then get nerfed hard most likely

Just redeemed my full game code (haven't played since the pre-release 3 day head start). Why in god's name does it say I have 0 days left on my subscription? We get 30 days right?

Hobs

Neo Member
If anyone is still looking to jump into this game, I've a deal going on for the collector's edition in the buy/sell/trade thread.

NeOak

Just redeemed my full game code (haven't played since the pre-release 3 day head start). Why in god's name does it say I have 0 days left on my subscription? We get 30 days right?

You gotta add a credit card for the 30 days to appear. You are only billed at the end of the 30 days though, and you can cancel before that if you want.

I have the worst luck, my mobo burned out on me over the weekend after Tera finally launches. She lasted a good 3 years. Just spend 300 bucks on a new mobo and CPU. Thought might as well upgrade the CPU as well. I'm having Tera withdrawls ugh.

Paprikka

Tried to save some time after our NT run and used Homeward Bound to port back, except not only was a player set fire closer but it decided to spawn me inside of a cage. Such a great spell.

83nzTl.jpg

Grr! I was trying to avoid this game so freaking hard but Guild Wars 2 is taking forever to come out, RiFT was a let down and WoW has become more of a chore than having any fun. I did play the Tera beta for a bit but all the talk on here is really making me take a second glance at the game.

Ettie

No one is talking about the archer. I'm envisioning dexy crit machines like you can build in games like RO and flyff. Possible?

NeOak

Tried to save some time after our NT run and used Homeward Bound to port back, except not only was a player set fire closer but it decided to spawn me inside of a cage. Such a great spell.

83nzTl.jpg

LOL That has never happened to me. I just reset the instance when we're done with it.

No one is talking about the archer. I'm envisioning dexy crit machines like you can build in games like RO and flyff. Possible?

Play what you like and ignore anybody telling you that a class does nothing. MMOs are bound to have buffs and nerfs. People on their high horse about how their class is the best and everybody else is worthless are nothing short of being immature and rude.

Anyone have recommendations for Glyphs on a warrior? I bought a bunch not knowing you couldn't use them all at once. Bought a few for tanking and some for just general damage like 50% less hp usage on Combative Strike, +25% power on Rain of Blows, and 25% to eliminate cooldown on Evasive Dodge.

Also bought the 25% chance to immobilize on Torrent of Blows, lower cooldown on Taunt, and the 5% chance to stun on combo attack, +20% endurance on Defensive Stance.

Anything else I should be getting?

Also, at what point should I be using Poison Strike and Rising Something( can't remember the name, but it does more damage the lower your hp is). I am usually at high hp levels so it doesn't seem worth the mana to use Rising Something because of its lackluster damage.

Poison I assume is for long fights like against a BAM, still seems kind of weak though.

jiien

Anyone have recommendations for Glyphs on a warrior? I bought a bunch not knowing you couldn't use them all at once. Bought a few for tanking and some for just general damage like 50% less hp usage on Combative Strike, +25% power on Rain of Blows, and 25% to eliminate cooldown on Evasive Dodge.

Also bought the 25% chance to immobilize on Torrent of Blows, lower cooldown on Taunt, and the 5% chance to stun on combo attack, +20% endurance on Defensive Stance.

Anything else I should be getting?

Also, at what point should I be using Poison Strike and Rising Something( can't remember the name, but it does more damage the lower your hp is). I am usually at high hp levels so it doesn't seem worth the mana to use Rising Something because of its lackluster damage.

Poison I assume is for long fights like against a BAM, still seems kind of weak though.

Check out this guide:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/classes/topics/GUIDE-Nalfens-Warrior-Guide?page=1

It gives you a pretty good starting point as to what is good and what isn't. Take it with a grain of salt, and add in your personal experiences.

To add my own experience, Poison Strike seemed useless. It has terrible damage, and it needs to be used pointblank. It didn't even seem worth the mana to hit it off. Rising Fury gives damage reduction during execution, moves you forward, and is a perfect quick lead into blade draw (so good for PVP), so it's a great skill in my book.

My favourite dps partner is actually an archer. Seems like a fantastic class, imo. Steady damage dealer, and great as a ranged solo fighter.

But I guess it all depends on your play style and how good you are with different approach of combats. For example, above-thread I mentioned that I was impressed by the warrior class, while this is true, most warrior players are terrible at it.

Sorry I cant offer first-hand experience on the archer, though.

NeOak

Thinking of making my first two alts a Sorcerer and Priest/Mystic (still undecided on that one).

I made an Elin Lancer as the guild leader of the alt guild using the name of my main spelled backwards. I have to say, there is a certain charm seeing something cute with such a big stick and armor.

I made an Elin Lancer as the guild leader using the name of my name spelled backwards. I have to say, there is a certain charm seeing something cute with such a big stick and armor.

My Elin Lancer from the CBT events was named "Elinpage" and she was adorable.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why did I click on this thread?! Just got back into WoW and am planning on playing Mists but got bored again since if no friends are on I have no desire to play lol. Anyway this game looks pretty damn fun will have to watch the GB quick look and whatever else to see if it's for me though.

Check out this guide:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/classes/topics/GUIDE-Nalfens-Warrior-Guide?page=1

It gives you a pretty good starting point as to what is good and what isn't. Take it with a grain of salt, and add in your personal experiences.

To add my own experience, Poison Strike seemed useless. It has terrible damage, and it needs to be used pointblank. It didn't even seem worth the mana to hit it off. Rising Fury gives damage reduction during execution, moves you forward, and is a perfect quick lead into blade draw (so good for PVP), so it's a great skill in my book.

Thanks for the link, luckily it seems most of the glyphs I bought are pretty good. Going to be using this for further glyph purchases in the future.

Play what you like and ignore anybody telling you that a class does nothing. MMOs are bound to have buffs and nerfs. People on their high horse about how their class is the best and everybody else is worthless are nothing short of being immature and rude.

Korean games aren't like Western ones. In Western games, classes get buffed and nerfed in alternating fashion. In Korean games, OP classes get buffed and weak classes get nerfed more. See Aion for further information.

After I cap zerker at 60 I'm going to start leveling one of the OP classes as my alt. Zerker is suffering beyond human imagination in these endgame dungeons.

PewPewK

Korean games aren't like Western ones. In Western games, classes get buffed and nerfed in alternating fashion. In Korean games, OP classes get buffed and weak classes get nerfed more. See Aion for further information.

But En Masse does reserve the right to tweak and balance their version to their heart's content. So while this may happen in Korean games, En Masse can avoid doing it.

Whether or not they actually DO is another question entirely.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I remember in Lineage 2 Orc Shaman got buff every single patch, when I quit Shaman had access all unique buff that all other healer class (elf/human/dark elf) got while other healer class got nothing. The reason they keep buffing them is because nobody want to be an ugly orc in Korea, while other popular class got nerfed to shit.

Every light elf class was inferior to other counter part since they are so freaking popular.

mr stroke

Damn this tread for giving me a TERA boner :(

So close to Diablo 3 but impressions are too good so far. Since Amazon has this for $39, gonna buy it now.

Top Bottom