• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

Damn I feel so lucky to have pulled Tilith the first time around.

I REALLY hope they split it in to two banners so we have a decent shot at pulling all the units.

I have never had an issue getting a 4* char off any banner. I never bothered pulling on the old tilith banner so I need to for this upcoming one. I guess...... is she really THAT important to obtain? I don't like her or the cross over units from their other game.

Ken

I have never had an issue getting a 4* char off any banner. I never bothered pulling on the old tilith banner so I need to for this upcoming one. I guess...... is she really THAT important to obtain? I don't like her or the cross over units from their other game.

Best healer until Ayaka.

i threw everything I had to get Tilith last time and failed, got crap.

ended up getting her on the 1st pull of Dark Destroyer banner when I just wanted Garland......

Celegus

She's limited time only, and the upcoming banner will pretty much be the last time for her. Glad I managed to get her on a daily on her first one!

Celegus

I kind of hope Exvius is pretty quiet in April... gonna be out of town for 10 days or so, Persona 5 coming out, garden and house will need some work, and Heroes of the Storm 2.0 update will consume my life when it comes out. Will be a fun month for sure!

Kouriozan

But why and how? I see she gets a 100% heal all and a revive all. but they cant be dual casted. Plus Refia dual casting her heal generally brings everyone to 100% hp besides the tank.

sooooooo what give?

You don't need dual cast when you fully heal everyone.
She also has :
Heal + almost esuna (would have been amazing for Ifrit if we had her 6* before)
Heal + give 50 mp
A better Camouflage (decrease chances to be targetted by 75%)
Her AoE dispel will also be useful against certain bosses
And as you know full party Arise.

Her heal + mp is probably why Japan love her so much, then you get enhanced Ramza and dump her :lol

Fake edit : if you want to see the current top healer in Japan + google translation

wiqz45O.png

Rem is also amazing but 5* base.

You don't need dual cast when you fully heal everyone.
She also has :
Heal + almost esuna (would have been amazing for Ifrit if we had her 6* before)
Heal + give 50 mp
A better Camouflage (decrease chances to be targetted by 75%)
Her AoE dispel will also be useful against certain bosses
And as you know full party Arise.

Her heal + mp is probably why Japan love her so much, then you get enhanced Ramza and dump her :lol

Fake edit : if you want to see the current top healer in Japan + google translation

wiqz45O.png

Rem is also amazing but 5* base.

Well that's a list of characters I'm completely unfamiliar with lol

I guess I just like the idea of Refia(actually dual casting in general) for the diversity. If one guy goes down and you need to rev and heal for example. I'm seeing Tilith as a unit that will use AOE full heal about 99% of her existence. That's pretty whack.

Shouta

I consider Awakened Luka better than the 3rd-5th rankings myself unless you absolutely need reraise.

Anyway, I got the stones and made Kuja's Thundaga +2, I'm ready for tonight.

Kouriozan

By the way, MEmu macro from here seems to misclick quite often, when I check there is like 25% chances it clicked a friend portrait and then it get stuck on that unit screen, is the Nox one better?

So after looking at all the top healers skills I've noticed the only one with a VERY clear power jump is Ayaka. Her kit is freaking amazing. Did the content get so difficult the game needed a healer of THIS caliber??

Kettch

The 2500 HP and 50 MP heal is obviously the big move for Tilith, but I'm also interested in the 3 turn AoE stat debuff resist. It'd be nice to no longer have to eat those like I do now.

Lyrian

So after looking at all the top healers skills I've noticed the only one with a VERY clear power jump is Ayaka. Her kit is freaking amazing. Did the content get so difficult the game needed a healer of THIS caliber??

She's like 7* tier, yep. Good luck getting her though.

Content isn't quite there yet to demand Ayaka's healing levels (it surely will be eventually). She's pretty much what you would expect from Dualcast Refia if she had a 7* awakening. She's just an order of magnitude in healing power over Refia.

Still, she's a crazy long way away from appearing on Global.

Lyrian

If we want to put thought to it, They do not need the BF Mogking event to return, rather, unless they want to make a bunch of new items. There isn't a reason for it to return.

What will come back for sure is the BF Banner along with Maxwell. That would basically be filler now between King events. 6* Versions of Tilith and Maxwell, Vargas added to the banner. Elza will be in there along with the Karls. So it will be a blood bath of a banner again.

That's possible, but Gumi hasn't ignored any content from JP that has made it's way to Global as of yet. BF-2 was a Mog King event, so it would be strange for Gumi to suddenly ignore that content.

Now about the Brave Frontier banner:

Gumi is in Big trouble because the Maxwell trial was in the Vargas banner. But that trial was wasted un the first Brave Frontier banner.

Now, the second Brave Frontier banner Will be tricky as fuck because It Will have Vargas and elza as featured 5 star units.

And the worst is that we Will have still tilith karl and seria base 4 star.

So the rates of this banner Will be horrible, and lets not say if gumi adds a sixth unit (a base 3) to fuck more things .

The Brave Frontier banner Will be a lapis sinkhole if you dont have tilith yet.

They could split it in two like they did with the first Tactics. It will be two weeks anyway.

Agreed with Val, that it's going to be on heck of a trap banner.

Also agree with Syntsui about the potential of a split banner. That actually could work quite well. Elza for one week, Vargas on the other week. That would be generally in agreement with how banners tend to work on Global (excepting Player's Choice and very old banners).

across

That's possible, but Gumi hasn't ignored any content from JP that has made it's way to Global as of yet. BF-2 was a Mog King event, so it would be strange for Gumi to suddenly ignore that content.

Unless I have my history wrong, the first BF banner in Japan was just a banner, with no accompanying event. Their second banner had the Mog King event, which ran for two weeks with the Maxwell trial on the second week.

They backported those two things for our first banner, hence shintoki's comment. They'll either need to make a bunch of new items or show a complete rerun of the event. The only thing on the original MK event that we didn't receive was Vargas' AoE break materia.

I wouldn't necessarily mind another run of the BF MK event, assuming they keep metal god rates the same; that was a damned breezy event even with just a couple bonus units. But somehow I doubt it.

Lyrian

Unless I have my history wrong, the first BF banner in Japan was just a banner, with no accompanying event. Their second banner had the Mog King event, which ran for two weeks with the Maxwell trial on the second week.

They backported those two things for our first banner, hence shintoki's comment. They'll either need to make a bunch of new items or show a complete rerun of the event. The only thing on the original MK event that we didn't receive was Vargas' AoE break materia.

I wouldn't necessarily mind another run of the BF MK event, assuming they keep metal god rates the same; that was a damned breezy event even with just a couple bonus units. But somehow I doubt it.

Humm.... you're right. The BF-2 event on JP was ported over as the BF-1 event for Global.

That makes the handling of the second BF banner all the more murky on how Gumi will handle it.

Lyrian

And that finally brought me some good luck, because...

3BWh7o8.png
xe9YS8Z.png

Let's do the math here.

As the pic shows, I've got 2,378,386 points. I have 16,016 coins left, times 10 = 160,160 in unspent points.

Subtracting the two, that means I've pulled = (2,378,386 - 160,160) = 2,218,226 / (10 points per coin * 100 coins per pull) = 2,218 total pulls.

Using the anecdotal rate of 0.25% chance to pull Y'sh per Reddit, (1 - 0.0025)^2218 = 0.388% chance of this outcome occurring, or 1 in ~258 odds.

That's worse than an inverse Orlandeau in BAD luck (0.5% draw chance).

/facepalm

Well that's a list of characters I'm completely unfamiliar with lol

I guess I just like the idea of Refia(actually dual casting in general) for the diversity. If one guy goes down and you need to rev and heal for example. I'm seeing Tilith as a unit that will use AOE full heal about 99% of her existence. That's pretty whack.

... is Aria the priestess from FFIII?

Seriously, I wish they'd fucking use actual Final Fantasy characters rather than toss all of these randos at us. And I'm fine with the cast (I consider Rain, Fina, etc. FF characters at this point), but I'm looking at the top characters now and it's... Aileen, Ayaka, Lorraine -- well, the Veritas I'm okay with; they're introduced in the story...

Sorry, just vaguely salty.

Mostly because of the fascination with Type-0, a game that apparently no one but Alim has any nostalgia for. And we still haven't had part 3 of that. (Although, I will concede that the designs have made me vaguely curious about the game itself, and if I had any way of playing it, I might consider it.)

But still, I don't know. Instead of Ayaka, why not Banon from FF6 with an inflatable raft? I get waiting on prestige games like FFVII, but seriously, why Ayaka? I don't like Ayaka. I will pull for Ayaka, but I don't like her.

Azuran

Banned
Honestly, I like that original characters receive a lot of attention in this game. There's only so much nostalgia can do for me. One of the reasons I never got into FFRK is because is nothing but stuff I already played through and I'm pretty familiar with at this point.

If I wanna relive FFV, then I'll just play FFV.

Honestly, I like that original characters receive a lot of attention in this game. There's only so much nostalgia can do for me. One of the reasons I never got into FFRK is because is nothing but stuff I already played through and I'm pretty familiar with at this point.

If I wanna relive FFV, then I'll just play FFV.

That's a fair point. I absolutely don't mind characters anchored to the story. I'm fine with Luka, Elle, the Veritas, and Charlotte. It's just the randos like Olive. Like, where did you come from? At least Marie's somewhat grounded in the Green Mage Program.

I realize literally no one cares about this but me, however.

They'd better not fuck up Matoya when they implement her in the game though.

They already fucked up Greg. Kinda. The weird stomping and lack of Enkidu in any capacity just seems so amateur. But he's also awesome, so there's that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

As stated, that was the only Exploration or Mog King moved out of place from their JPN release. Really, the GL schedule hasn't differed much from JP in the sense that Mogking events have proceeded in order of MogKing and same for explorations. Just we're ahead in Explorations or behind in Mogking(depending on how you see it).

Will they repeat it, even thought they did it already? There is no pull this time for older users since many will already have bonus units, acquired the item already, etc. Seems like it would be better just to use it as an exploration style event. Bring back the Maxwell portion and banner, Awaken Tilith/Maxwell, introduce Vargas, etc. Slip it in between King events and Raids. Best of both worlds then.

On the units, I wish they did a bit more FF and Squeenix Collabs instead of BE units. The Collabs really are ripe for the picking since SE has such a massive catalog, with Eidos on top. There is no reason not too. Like every time a major release comes out, there should be a collab. Ala Nier. When the remaster XII drops in July, XII Event, When DQ XI drops, DQ XI Collab, KH Collab when 2.8 dropped, etc. I really liked the Arianna one since it came out of left field and was a pretty cute event. I also like what Fire Emblem is doing with the spring and Bunny units. Bunny units for FF Favorites. Something like Bunny Lightning 5* -6*, Bunny Celes 4*-6*, Bunny Kefka 3* - 6*, Bunny WoL 3* -5*. You know Bunny Lightning and Celes would break some banks. Bunny Kefka would be ultimate troll ^_^. I feel like they are leaving a pretty big piece of the pie with cross marketing.

Azuran

Banned
That's a fair point. I absolutely don't mind characters anchored to the story. I'm fine with Luka, Elle, the Veritas, and Charlotte. It's just the randos like Olive. Like, where did you come from? At least Marie's somewhat grounded in the Green Mage Program.

I realize literally no one cares about this but me, however.

They already fucked up Greg. Kinda. The weird stomping and lack of Enkidu in any capacity just seems so amateur. But he's also awesome, so there's that.

No I get your gripes. The game says Final Fantasy in the title after all. But I do have to say that some of those random original characters actually have some interesting backstories that ties them together, so I tend to appreciate them a little bit more when I read those.

I remember something posting a screenshot of the FFBE art book on Reddit that had a diagram showing the relationship between different characters. For example, Ollie and Mercedes are related somehow. I wish someone would translate that someday.

Lyrian

Will they repeat it, even thought they did it already? There is no pull this time for older users since many will already have bonus units, acquired the item already, etc. Seems like it would be better just to use it as an exploration style event. Bring back the Maxwell portion and banner, Awaken Tilith/Maxwell, introduce Vargas, etc. Slip it in between King events and Raids. Best of both worlds then.

It's going to be a train wreck to see how they handle this.

So... what happens if Maxwell is repeated? Does the older playerbase get to claim a second Maxwell with her 6* unlocking? And therefore a second Power of Creation TM? That would be one hell of a freebie, if so.

As I mentioned earlier on Elza, she's not top tier anymore and not going to be a draw for people chasing rainbows unless she is tweaked somehow. Besides all of that, the same issue with Maxwell applies to her as well. Do the vets get the opportunity for a second Tablet of Ruin. While a fair argument can be presented that better TMs can be slotted in than a second tablet, the existence of a second tablet is unfair to newer players who can't ever get it. So, would that mean that for the BF-2 event, that Elza would get a second unique ability tied only to that event?

As Val said, there's "big trouble" here.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Maxwell was one of those units I just couldn't get at the time because I had just started in September and didn't have the horses to pull off. Now though? GIMME.

across

So... what happens if Maxwell is repeated? Does the older playerbase get to claim a second Maxwell with her 6* unlocking? And therefore a second Power of Creation TM? That would be one hell of a freebie, if so.

Don't see any real problem here. The game can track whether or not a player has completed a mission (we can't keep getting the Lapis for Vortex of Crystals et al when it comes back around). They can bring the trial back and tweak the fight values to whatever Gumi deems appropriate.

As I mentioned earlier on Elza, she's not top tier anymore and not going to be a draw for people chasing rainbows unless she is tweaked somehow. Besides all of that, the same issue with Maxwell applies to her as well. Do the vets get the opportunity for a second Tablet of Ruin. While a fair argument can be presented that better TMs can be slotted in than a second tablet, the existence of a second tablet is unfair to newer players who can't ever get it. So, would that mean that for the BF-2 event, that Elza would get a second unique ability tied only to that event?

This all assumes that she will be back, as well as the MK event will be back. Unless they introduce enhancements for her, like you say, there's no way to make her sufficiently attractive (and on a split 5* banner no less), so why bother? Duplicate the JP BF2 banner, roll Vargas' AoE break into his default skillset, and use the banner as gap filler. Elza and her materia remain a semi-unique prize for people who were playing at the time. That's the point of limited time units and event-limited abilities.

I should note that I don't necessarily think this is what they are going to do, just that there's no real problem with them doing it. They don't need to make attractive rainbows because the informed section of the playerbase is going to be chasing Tilith, not Elza or Vargas, and her rates are still going to be iffy on a banner with two other 4* bases.

bonkeng

Cactaur dunes come back all the time, with Missions intact.

I don't see how having access to Maxwell again becomes a problem.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I don't see the issue as big as your saying. Bringing back the old event should also have the old data registered. Ala, why Dunes comes back every week but you've already done the missions. Maxwell event would come back with missions. Completed it before? You're done already. No second Maxwell.

You're bringing up Tablet? Why bring it back, it was for the Mog King event which already passed. Vargas Event Ability? Just make it included in the character.

Mogking event already happened. It's done with. No reason to bring it back. From Gumi's perspective, unless they want to create a few new bonus units to replace the ones that aren't receiving an upgrade. We will already have the bonus units, hence no reason to roll. We already have the items, hence no reason to really care, etc. So unless they want to restock it with lots of new goodies. Why bother?

Maxwell's event is brought back, to allow older players at the time and newer ones to get a shot if they missed him the first time. Bringing it back also gives the excuse to allow people to awaken him to the 6* version. So there is something in it for both new and old. BF banner happens again and Tilith 6* version is activated. Giving players another chance for her too.

It doesn't really seem like an issue at all. Just bringing back the Maxwell Trial and Banner would fit in perfectly between King/Raid events. Everyone who did the MogKing event the first time, has their exclusive items not breaking the trend. Maxwell is allowed to be awakening, players with her can awaken her right away, players without can earn her. The BF banner returns with 6* Tilith and Vargas. If they want to include Elza or not, it's not really a loss. Vargas doesn't lite up the charts and Elza is not a bad unit either. She's outdated like Lightning and Luneth, but still a solid 5* base unlike Delita or Ramza who are useless till their Enhancements, which she will receive anyways.

Lyrian

Don't see any real problem here. The game can track whether or not a player has completed a mission (we can't keep getting the Lapis for Vortex of Crystals et al when it comes back around). They can bring the trial back and tweak the fight values to whatever Gumi deems appropriate.

This all assumes that she will be back, as well as the MK event will be back. Unless they introduce enhancements for her, like you say, there's no way to make her sufficiently attractive (and on a split 5* banner no less), so why bother? Duplicate the JP BF2 banner, roll Vargas' AoE break into his default skillset, and use the banner as gap filler. Elza and her materia remain a semi-unique prize for people who were playing at the time. That's the point of limited time units and event-limited abilities.

I should note that I don't necessarily think this is what they are going to do, just that there's no real problem with them doing it. They don't need to make attractive rainbows because the informed section of the playerbase is going to be chasing Tilith, not Elza or Vargas, and her rates are still going to be iffy on a banner with two other 4* bases.

Ok, I can buy into the idea that the original Maxwell event comes back and the game still remembers progression into the event. As Maxwell was a mission achievement reward, that would keep her as a unique 1-per-account unit. But, if Gumi tweaks the fight while keeping mission progress from the previous event, I can see a lot of pitchforks being raised over that.

Elza being retired as a one-time unit? I would buy that premise except for one major issue. She already has a space in the unit guide carved out for her 7* awakening (8014). If she was a "one and done" unit, there would be no reason for a new awakening for her. She would surely be a chase unit as a 7*, far into the future.

My 2 gil is still on her receiving enhancements when the banner arrives, whenever that may be in the future.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ok, I can buy into the idea that the original Maxwell event comes back and the game still remembers progression into the event. As Maxwell was a mission achievement reward, that would keep her as a unique 1-per-account unit. But, if Gumi tweaks the fight while keeping mission progress from the previous event, I can see a lot of pitchforks being raised over that.

Elza being retired as a one-time unit? I would buy that premise except for one major issue. She already has a space in the unit guide carved out for her 7* awakening (8014). If she was a "one and done" unit, there would be no reason for a new awakening for her. She would surely be a chase unit as a 7*, far into the future.

My 2 gil is still on her receiving enhancements when the banner arrives, whenever that may be in the future.

That means she will come back when she gets the 7* upgrade then. So if she comes back now, great another chance earlier. If not, she'll come back when 7* update rolls around and they put in another BF banner a year down the line with new units and her 7* version.

Lyrian

You're bringing up Tablet? Why bring it back, it was for the Mog King event which already passed.

Pretty sure I got the point guys, lol.

On the tablet.... unlike the usual event materia for units which are normally minor boosts or fluff abilities, the tablet is actually a significant upgrade for her. It wouldn't be fair to new players if that was locked away forever, and for older players 2 of them is fairly bonkers.

-- And now that I think about it, Gumi could just make the tablet "not stackable", and release the extra one with no harm, no foul.

Welp, so much for all of that sound and fury tonight, signifying absolutely nothing at all.

I need a new topic at this point. Where are the JP patch datamines, Nazta?

... is Aria the priestess from FFIII?

Seriously, I wish they'd fucking use actual Final Fantasy characters rather than toss all of these randos at us. And I'm fine with the cast (I consider Rain, Fina, etc. FF characters at this point), but I'm looking at the top characters now and it's... Aileen, Ayaka, Lorraine -- well, the Veritas I'm okay with; they're introduced in the story...

Sorry, just vaguely salty.

Mostly because of the fascination with Type-0, a game that apparently no one but Alim has any nostalgia for. And we still haven't had part 3 of that. (Although, I will concede that the designs have made me vaguely curious about the game itself, and if I had any way of playing it, I might consider it.)

But still, I don't know. Instead of Ayaka, why not Banon from FF6 with an inflatable raft? I get waiting on prestige games like FFVII, but seriously, why Ayaka? I don't like Ayaka. I will pull for Ayaka, but I don't like her.

It might piss me off more. Several reasons...

1) They have more freedom in character design. Maybe so, but how about putting more time into unique skill effects instead.

2) They are using the FF brand to leverage their own concepts. Which would be gross.

3) All characters introduced are visions. This means they're dead. Suicides, murders, experiments gone wrong, Rain is a necromancer and its bleak.

They should never be top tier My Olive should not be more of a musthave than Cyan.

Lyrian

Wait lets get 10 more people to pile on Lyrian first

You weren't the one calling the hit job from behind the scenes?

It's not like I didn't deserve that one. Definitely had derp on the brain tonight. I'm blaming the catgirl for this one. Blinded by cuteness. That or it took 2000+ pulls to pull her once. Either one works.

And reddit is down now? Meh. Might as well take a shower and see if reddit comes back before crashing for the night.

c-murph

They're just going to have another boss battle.

Malakhov

Banned
Hmm, will we have another possibility to get our hands on awakening mats before WoL gets his 6* upgrade?

Because if not then I have to buy some of his missing mats for 540 a piece and I hate that.

Rixa

My Tilith story is 3 Karl's.

I don't like the idea that I might need to use a lot of resources to get one 4* from banner.

Example:

Orlandu banner, I pulled around 20 tickets and 2x10+1. It was my 20th ticket (few days ago) when I got first banner Gold unit Soleil. ~10 Golds from those pulls.

So what happens when you have 3 Gold's in banner and 2 of them are now in trash tier (TM aren't anymore so great either)?

This will not be fun :(

Malakhov

Banned
My Tilith story is 3 Karl's.

I don't like the idea that I might need to use a lot of resources to get one 4* from banner.

Example:

Orlandu banner, I pulled around 20 tickets and 2x10+1. It was my 20th ticket (few days ago) when I got first banner Gold unit Soleil. ~10 Golds from those pulls.

So what happens when you have 3 Gold's in banner and 2 of them are now in trash tier (TM aren't anymore so great either)?

This will not be fun :(

Same here. Would absolutely hate it to have to do some 10+1 pulls for a 4*. Putting her with two other 4* is pure evil.

Rixa

Same here. Would absolutely hate it to have to do some 10+1 pulls for a 4*. Putting her with two other 4* is pure evil.

It just occured to me:

What if Gumi brings Global Exclusive BF characters to next BF event and gives Maxwell 6* treatment + players chance to obtain it. Only Maxwell + Tilith would be old bonus units and new BF units would give bonus same way as earlier.

Hence BF2 banner would be something like this:

Base 5*: Vargas & Elza (+ enhancements?)
Base 4*: Tilith & 1-2 New BF global exclusive unit
Base 3*: 1-2 New BF global exlusive units

Malakhov

Banned
It just occured to me:

What if Gumi brings Global Exclusive BF characters to next BF event and gives Maxwell 6* treatment + players chance to obtain it. Only Maxwell + Tilith would be old bonus units and new BF units would give bonus same way as earlier.

Hence BF2 banner would be something like this:

Base 5*: Vargas & Elza (+ enhancements?)
Base 4*: Tilith & 1-2 New BF global exclusive unit
Base 3*: 1-2 New BF global exlusive units
Either way we will have to pull for one out of 3 base 4* in the pool. It's horrible, 2% chance? :(

And it's not like we can ignore her. She'll be a must have for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom