• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casey Affleck doesn’t think his brother Ben will star in ‘The Batman’

Ja as Wayne

image.php
V
image.php
: Dawn of
image.php

J_Viper

Video here

https://youtu.be/gxLnOrpywno

At the 6 minute mark

I feel like if Ben really does pass on it, he'll be stepping away from the industry for a while

I can't imagine he'd turn down the chance to work with Reeves, but still be willing to do fucking Accountant 2
taking the word of casey affleck is hard tbh. dude is so apathetic when he speaks its hard to know if he's joking, sarcastic, serious whatever.

won't get definitive news on this anyways until after JL.

i don't really give a shit. as long as the recasting isn't some wastemans like Skarsgard or whatever. Ben Affleck has me dead set on a Don Draper-esque Bruce Wayne.

You gotta watch Generation Kill my dude

LOL

i'd honestly be pissed--we finally get a chance to turn this thing around for the better after Wonder Woman and he steps away?

my god just hang on for a few more films and then we can move on, but it's too damn soon right now

Rosstimus

Banned
lol. How could Casey have possibly thought that was an okay thing to drop? That being said, I'm pretty fine with it. I want WB to soft reboot the DCCU and remove the parts that Snyder had his hand in.

AS I said in the DCEU thread: Eh. I'm not seeing them doing The Batman without Affleck in any capacity. I could see a handoff film, but no Affleck at all? Doesn't track for me.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I get why they don't announce it if it's true. They finally got good PR with WW, BatMan recasting will be bad news.

I do hope Ben will do whatever makes him happy, he seems so bitter and sad nowadays.

Just have Dick Grayson take up the role. He always was the best.

It probably pays for Ben Affleck to be noncommittal until Justice League comes out. I am sure if it gets good reviews and does well at the box office then he will return.

Didn't Batflect went through the divorce with electra in order to focus at work? Now he is not going to do the Bat? What a shitshow.

Harmen

I hope he is out, but actually believe we will see The Batman with him starring. I do expect that to be a good film, however. But I also expect it would be equally as good with another actor starring as Batman and with more future prospects and less (garbage) plot baggage.

jelly

It's possible, many were thinking it makes sense post Snyder control. I think it will probably hinge on the reception of Justice League, if we get another BvS, Suicide Squad WB will change it up. I imagine they'll leave themselves the opportunity with the end of Justice League with Flashpoint, you just see Bruce from behind or Batman's cape, not his face. Pick all the best things from Snyder-verse and do new things starting with Wonder Woman 2 and The Batman. Affleck may agree, he loves doing Batman for his kids but does he really want to commit to three or four films beasting it and does the new director want him?

Weird timing. He seemed very excited to work with reeves at SDCC. Will still wait for an official announcement but did WB seriously sign him for just 2 not very main roles?

do you guys think the reception of Batman v Superman has anything to do with this situation, or is it purely Ben's divorce and alcoholism at play?

If the dude isn't in it for the next 10 years, go away Battfleck. Let someone who will love playing the role do it. When you have the opportunity to play the best comic book hero of all time, you're either in or you should get shown the door.

This whole ordeal reads like a spanish telenovela.

shingi70

Banned
do you guys think the reception of Batman v Superman has anything to do with this situation, or is it purely Ben's divorce and alcoholism at play?

Both, BvS in a vacuum wouldn't be so bad. But that coupled with the divorce, his drinking problems, as well as his two recent non dc movies also being poorly received.

I think dude just wants to make a break from Hollywood in general and I really can't blame him.

Apt101

All joking aside, it sounds like the reasons Ben might not be in The Batman are unhealthy. So as a compassionate human being I hope that turns out well for him.

That said, Ben took the reception of Daredevil hard. And from people like Kevin Smith who know him intimately, this was his dream role. So the fact that it turned out bad, and him wanting to leave it, in the face of his other problems? Not at all hard to believe. And I think it will happen.

All that said, hopefully DC/WB picks a new person to play the role with little to no media fanfare. Just recast the role. Like they did with all of the other people who played Batman prior. Give the guy a break.

Edit: the reception of the film was bad. People seem to love his take on the character, BvS was just a pile of crap.

Top Bottom