• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I broke and saw the Berserk raws and boy oh boy I'm digging this art. We're going to be dark fantasy again for a minute.

That was the point. The entire TWGOK harem were dating sim archetypes other than Chihiro being just a regular girl.

How does that make her not boring? Is the point supposed to poke me whenever I'm about to zzz when she tells me about her guitar?

For the record I'm joking. I actually like Chihiro just never as much as Ayami but by being the "normal girl" she is still falling into a dumb dating sim archetype because those things have literally covered everything. Also i agree with her being the outman and thus why she is obviously the winner but that said, I've never liked "that's the point" to justify boring/bad stuff, but that's mainly because I hear it for fanservice stuff trying to trick me into thinking its "deep"

are you guys still angry about the twists in A Town Where You Live?

If we're gonna start talking about stuff that still leaves us in rage after years than I'll never be over most of Boys on the Run. The salt on the wound is it never getting picked up again :/

cntr

Banned
what stuff happened in A Town Where You Live, anyway? I know there's a bit where
she gets amensia and starts dating someone else
...or was that another Seo manga?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I'm really interested in what illness results in having to have your vocal cords entirely removed going from nothing. If she had super advanced laryngeal cancer she wouldn't have been able to speak before the surgery, much less do a fucking farewell tour.

Danganronpa 1&2 Comic Anthology vol 2:2
viGY8O9.jpg
Ishimaru plz, you're 100 years too early to be duelling with Celes. And she's quite right that she's unsuited to the gym. She should be relaxing in the cafeteria instead, being served by the rest of the cast.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 23.5

Nothing says 'I love you' like cutting off all your hair. Still, I'm glad the king has his priorities straight.

Bit late to the harem discussion stuff, but the one thing I like about wnl from the first three chapters was that it wasn't instantly apparent which of the two lead harem girls was going to win. What kills harem series for me like Nisekoi is when its obvious who the author has already planned to win (Chitoge) and we spend hundreds of chapters or dozens of episodes introducing other girls who are there just to sell merch and be filler between the mc and the pre ordained chosen being the last two standing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
what stuff happened in A Town Where You Live, anyway? I know there's a bit where
she gets amensia and starts dating someone else
...or was that another Seo manga?

Main girl dumped the main character without any stated reason...which turned out to be to fake-date her ex-boyfriend because he was dying. Then the MC follows her to Tokyo, gets a less shitty girlfriend, but then cheats on her to get with the main girl. The dying ex-boyfriend decides to get a risky surgery because he can tell he's going to be NTR'd, and dies. All of their friends decide they're both assholes (correct), but then quickly forgive them for no reason. Then MC moves away for some reason. Then MC moves back for no reason.

Then Seo puts out side chapters where MC takes every single other girl in the series' virginity.

Seo.

Gum disease.

SEO.

Madoka Magica - Ultikano / Majokano (SFW doujin)
And the moral of the story is: don't drink and mahou. I can at least agree with Madoka's preferences this time, since long, black hair is the light and the truth.

A double helping of Maitake is like a birthday and Christmas present rolled into one. My overwhelming bias towards the subject matter aside, her humour is always on point and the little sprinklings of seriousness help to break up the comedy and keep things fresh. I think all her remaining untranslated PMMM works are post-Rebellion with a decent portion of
devilish devil Homura
, so I need them for my life to be complete.

I don't know why but nothing will make me as angry as Good Ending.

It's definitely not the worst at that shit but oh my god it pushed my buttons something fierce.

It's definitely not the worst at that shit but oh my god it pushed my buttons something fierce.
Didn't Bad Ending have some rapey backstory shit? Didn't love interest B also try to guilt trip the MC into staying with her?

God fuck that series.

Good Ending is straight up garbage. Fuck that cheating ass MC and the dumb piece of shit he ended up with who wanted MC to rape her.

Madoka Magica - Temptation of Time Stop (SFW short)

More Maitake, albeit briefly! It's good to have faith in your friends, and Homura has an extensive doujin history of not abusing her powers for unwholesome reasons... er...

Kindred Spirits on the Roof - Summer Recipes (SFW doujin)
Two shorts courtesy of the game's artist. I'd support using Hina as an official metric for cuteness, though everyone else in the school would be <1 Hina. Whoever tagged this as Ano x Yuna needs recalibrating.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch532-533

Gonna be a full party.

Obligatory fuck you Jun. Can't do anything right.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch163

I'd say "Give back my feels", but I'm fine with this.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch48

They really are not much different from humans. How sad.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch95

That took forever.

upandaway

Rokurokubi 10

Oh wow he pulled through. So smooth too. Good going.

I like how passive the supernatural elements are, didn't expect Noppi to be a nopperabo (though I should've seen it coming from her nickname I guess).

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch246

Poor Gakuto, lol.

One Piece ch860

I wonder if these big shots will play any significant role in the party. The last Sweet Commander is pretty badass at least.

My Hero Academia ch131

Nice to see that the girls&#8203; are doing well.

dramatis

February 2017 Recommendation: The Black Museum - Springald

Historical supernatural action | 1 volume, Completed work, Licensed (not in English)
The Black Museum holds criminal memorabilia from the many cases that have been investigated by Scotland Yard. In this fictional re-imagining of the popular legend, a visitor comes to see a piece of particular interest, the leg of Spring-Heeled Jack. When the curator guides him to the piece, he begins to tell his story of the case of Spring-Heeled Jack, which began in the late 1830s. (source)
Zweizer: A fascinating tale that exudes the charm and atmosphere of a century-old painting, combined with the dynamism and expression of contemporary manga.

Note: Kodansha has published the 'sister series' The Black Museum: The Ghost and The Lady in English, but not Springald.

Haikyuu!! 247
C7m7dX_WsAA8csp.jpg:large

Miya Atsumu > Osamu but both seem great, also their #10 seemed good too. Hopefully this will be a challenging match for Kags, as well as the other Karasuno's.

Still dont know which direction the story will go, and if I understand the match list correctly, theres no way for Karasuno to play Fukurodani unless they beat Nekoma? Fukurodani true final boss of Haikyuu??

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Dr Stone Okay I had a feeling this was a lot of set up for something and I'm starting to see what for. I knew it was suspicious mangaka known for manga about buff dudes punching buff dudes hadn't had a buff dude punching a buff dude yet. That lion outfit looks evil as fuck.

One Piece Well all those new designs are great. Gonna be the best party ever.

MHA Looking forward to seeing this team up happen. Should be fun to see some more professional heroes work.

mellow

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World 1
I've been meaning to watch the anime for years, I forgot this was a thing until the first chapter was out, art is nice and clean, looks like it will be an interesting read. I thought Ginko from Mushishi was making an appearance in the opening pages.

February 2017 Recommendation: The Black Museum - Springald

Historical supernatural action | 1 volume, Completed work, Licensed (not in English)
The Black Museum holds criminal memorabilia from the many cases that have been investigated by Scotland Yard. In this fictional re-imagining of the popular legend, a visitor comes to see a piece of particular interest, the leg of Spring-Heeled Jack. When the curator guides him to the piece, he begins to tell his story of the case of Spring-Heeled Jack, which began in the late 1830s. (source)
Zweizer: A fascinating tale that exudes the charm and atmosphere of a century-old painting, combined with the dynamism and expression of contemporary manga.

Note: Kodansha has published the 'sister series' The Black Museum: The Ghost and The Lady in English, but not Springald.

Just read this after seeing your recommendation, boy was it worth it! Great bit of manga, makes me want more of Karakuri Circus though.

Angry Grimace

I broke and saw the Berserk raws and boy oh boy I'm digging this art. We're going to be dark fantasy again for a minute.

How does that make her not boring? Is the point supposed to poke me whenever I'm about to zzz when she tells me about her guitar?

For the record I'm joking. I actually like Chihiro just never as much as Ayami but by being the "normal girl" she is still falling into a dumb dating sim archetype because those things have literally covered everything. Also i agree with her being the outman and thus why she is obviously the winner but that said, I've never liked "that's the point" to justify boring/bad stuff, but that's mainly because I hear it for fanservice stuff trying to trick me into thinking its "deep"

If we're gonna start talking about stuff that still leaves us in rage after years than I'll never be over most of Boys on the Run. The salt on the wound is it never getting picked up again :/

Because the other girls weren't supposed to be "real" people, just stereotypes of people he liked in video games. Picking the "normal" girl is is at least a more defensible choice than Keima randomly picking some stereotype.

Top Bottom