• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dity

Yeah, bit saddening tbh. Noticed this myself at shellharbour Target they still have a bunch of the edition with the plush for $20. Game's fine, just not marketable apparently.
I had no idea Unraveled was a remaster. O thought it was a sequel, hence why I never picked it up cos I thought I'd have no idea what was going on

Card Boy

Banned
I had no idea Unraveled was a remaster. O thought it was a sequel, hence why I never picked it up cos I thought I'd have no idea what was going on

Alot of things where changed for it due to the fact the original used alot of the Vita gimmicks. Some things where removed altogether whilst new things where added.

It's sort of a half remaster like Rachet & Clank 2016 is.

Mr. Tone

I've just got some wireless wifi thing from Optus. 50gb for $70 is pretty steep but I can take it anywhere easily and don't have to worry about landlines. It's considerably faster than my parents connection with Telstra. Idk.

I'm meant to get that FTTN NBN next month. Not sure what to expect tbh.

dity

Alot of things where changed for it due to the fact the original used alot of the Vita gimmicks. Some things where removed altogether whilst new things where added.

It's sort of a half remaster like Rachet & Clank 2016 is.
Then I'd probably like it

Should have just called it Tearaway Remastered.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm meant to get that FTTN NBN next month. Not sure what to expect tbh.

I'll get nbn once I have my own house. With the parents shit net I cant do anything and god forbid I try to upgrade us.

I also dont think we're nbn ready here yet. Should be in the next year. Just in time for when I move into my new house.

Quasar

You make me sick.

:)

Well my existing 60$ Adsl2 (inc phone) plan that gets me 14mbps is about all I can afford. Even lowly 25mbps plans seem to start at 80.

I did look around for some 50/20 plans at one point, but they seem to be pretty rare for some reason.

jambo

:)

Well my existing 60$ Adsl2 (inc phone) plan that gets me 14mbps is about all I can afford. Even lowly 25mbps plans seem to start at 80.

I did look around for some 50/20 plans at one point, but they seem to be pretty rare for some reason.

If you're with Optus for mobile you can get NBN 25/5 for $70 bundled, unlimited data.

N0VAM0D

I'm going crazy with all this Radiohead hype, ahh!

Also, got tickets to see The Cure today! Did anyone else catch the Telstra presale? This is so exciting! Everything is happening so much.

Dead Man

Used TPG for NBN at my partners place. FTTN, slowest tier, unlimited data for 50/month. We're pretty happy so far, instal was quick, speed is... about the same as my ADSL2 at my place lol. But hey, it's better than <1mb/s they were getting there.

Fredescu

Incredible. I've driven past a decent number of roos and never seen anything close to this. I mean sometimes they dash out in front of the car which is scary, so I often assumed that they're either dazzled by the headlights or just poor judges of speed. My head tells me that must have been what happened here, but damn, the video just looked like the roo wanted to just attack the car, and did it multiple times.

jambo

Dead air space has the chirping bird now D:

MvwoyWU.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm going crazy with all this Radiohead hype, ahh!

Also, got tickets to see The Cure today! Did anyone else catch the Telstra presale? This is so exciting! Everything is happening so much.
I d not :(
Didn't know how to presale as when I looked the other day it didn't tell me.

Have an alarm set for Friday to buy some. Although listening to their recent live sets (well 2011.. I hope they've not gotten any worse..)

Gazunta

AUSGAF: Reminder that Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday! Go into your local comic shop and get some free comics, and then buy Squirrel Girl because it's awesome, and check out the new Archie books because oh my God it's brilliant. I love Archie.

BRISGAF: When you're picking which comic shop to visit on Saturday, pick Secret Identity kthx :)

In other news, the wife and I are playing a lot of slither.io and that is fun.

hamchan

For some reason I get hyped for Free Comic Book Day even though a lot of it is marketing material. Maybe because it's free and I get excited for free stuff.

But then I would have been stuck with Internode, and that was even worse!

Internode is a weird thing. I was with them on DSL over three different houses in a period of 10 years. I had to ring their CS a few times and each time I had a pleasant experience, talked to a friendly helpful person (in Adelaide, I'm guessing, apart from the off shore consultant I got when I cancelled since I wasn't in Aus anymore). Where I lived in that period was always in an area where Node just bought bandwidth from Telstra but it was still a great service. I helped someone setup through iinet (since it's obvious their pricing structure is to move new customers away from internode) and it wasn't a great experience for that person (inadequate karmic retribution in this case).

So yeah, the only ISP I've been involved with that I don't have bad words for.

Fuck one.net, Optus, Telstra, Comcast, Virgin Media, Vodafone and BT.

dity

Internode is a weird thing. I was with them on DSL over three different houses in a period of 10 years. I had to ring their CS a few times and each time I had a pleasant experience, talked to a friendly helpful person (in Adelaide, I'm guessing, apart from the off shore consultant I got when I cancelled since I wasn't in Aus anymore). Where I lived in that period was always in an area where Node just bought bandwidth from Telstra but it was still a great service. I helped someone setup through iinet (since it's obvious their pricing structure is to move new customers away from internode) and it wasn't a great experience for that person (inadequate karmic retribution in this case).

Telstra right now: 5.5Mbps down, 1Mbps up, "you were on bad copper"
Internode a month ago: 3.5Mbps down, 0.5Mbps up, 10KBps downloads from international websites, "you're within spec"

Quasar

Its weird. My impression of internode was always excellent service but a bit pricier. I guess the buyout has taken its toll.

Me...I'll still hanging onto my exetel founders discount and for the most part they've been good to me. Gotten prompt sevice on the few occassions I've needed it. Though being a budget isp I would not trust them to provide enough bandwidth for a nbn connection. Of course that seems an issue for all isps.

Telstra right now: 5.5Mbps down, 1Mbps up, "you were on bad copper"
Internode a month ago: 3.5Mbps down, 0.5Mbps up, 10KBps downloads from international websites, "you're within spec"

swings and roundabouts.

I get close to the top maximum speed on DSL but literally across the street can get up to 200 Mbps fibre (I've posted previously how Virgin Media UK strung me along for 5 weeks before cancelling my order a few days before installation).

ISPs- can't live with them. Can't live without them.

dity

swings and roundabouts.

I get close to the top maximum speed on DSL but literally across the street can get up to 200 Mbps fibre (I've posted previously how Virgin Media UK strung me along for 5 weeks before cancelling my order a few days before installation).

ISPs- can't live with them. Can't live without them.

It's all a shit take. Least Telstra is crediting me $300 for frying my old router during the transition.

Vormund

Fibre to the node you say? Sign that shit up and get it installed pronto, doesn't get any better in Aus. Especially for that great upload speed.

Umm FTTP?

Speaking of which, I'm getting my mum's place hooked up to FTTP in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll move back in. hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom