• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 once again doesn't have matchmaking for non-Raid content

Alo0oy

Banned
The ๖ۜBronx;249327048 said:
I'm sorry, what's the difference? In Guided Games you tap X four times, wait a bit and then play the Nightfall with two other people.

It doesn't exist yet, I missed two resets already and I might miss the third one this week, I'm still below LL280 because of that.

Strakt

Which isn't "matchmaking. . ." It's "we really want you in a Clan so look here's a clan to hold your hand because you're clearly not as good as them." And it's also on a ticket system so may not be available for when you want to run it. So no. . .not quite what people are looking for.

At the end of the day, the design decision to not include basic Match Making functionality (which it seems already exists for X1 users) shows a crazy lack of faith in their consumer base.

It is matchmaking though. Its matchmaking you with "random people" from a clan looking for a full group. Its only on a ticket system because its in beta. Once it gets out of beta on the 26th ish, the ticket system is gone.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm grinding Destiny 2 right now aswell but the defense in here is so silly.

Truals shouldn't have mm bc it is competitive? So Overwatch, LoL etc all shouldn't have matchmaking anymore right?

All this talk about "it does not work, you need communication with headset!" is stupid and not true (at least for nightfall and raid)
You legitimately think you could beat Leviathan going in blind and not being able to hear or communicate with anyone else on your team?

It doesn't exist yet, I missed two resets already and I might miss the third one this week, I'm still below LL280 because of that.
You were saying they should add it for Nightfall, they are. I'm not sure what the issue is other than "I want it now".

Lurk

Banned

it's in beta, check postmaster for tokens, they'll be rolled out to more of the community over time, this is a new thing, I'd rather it launch with Bungie knowing how it's going to work and is mainly a positive feature than mass releasing something that ends up unusable for both the guiders and the ones being guided.

Trials is planned down the line to have guided games attached to it, it's just going to be after the raid beta and NF beta is done.

In the future there will be guided games for Trials.

I just got new tickets for guided games (matchmaking). Worked great so far, for nightfall. When I used matchmaking for nightfall, we finished it first try. Same for the second and third nightfall with matchmaking. Can't wait for the Raid matchmaking. I think it's coming next week, right? All this talk about "it does not work, you need communication with headset!" is stupid and not true (at least for nightfall and raid)
Lmao I would love to see people beat the raid with no mic. Would be impossible to beat the boss.

The ๖ۜBronx;249327399 said:
You legitimately think you could beat Leviathan going in blind and not being able to hear or communicate with anyone else on your team?

Yes. I already did the raid without headset. It took longer to figure out stuff, but we all had fun. Where is the problem? If people want to do it with other random people, why not let them, lol

AlexBasch

w1huN6E.jpg
Question, if I miss doing those Nightfall events, are they gone forever? I currently have no interest whatsoever on playing with other people, but I thought that maybe one day I might want to check out these raids. Would suck if they're limited events. :/

Lurk

Banned
Question, if I miss doing those Nightfall events, are they gone forever? I currently have no interest whatsoever on playing with other people, but I thought that maybe one day I might want to check out these raids. :/

no they're on rotation as always.

Kill3r7

Question, if I miss doing those Nightfall events, are they gone forever? I currently have no interest whatsoever on playing with other people, but I thought that maybe one day I might want to check out these raids. Would suck if they're limited events. :/

No they rotate on a weekly basis. If you don't want to play or interact with others than Destiny is probably not the game for you.

Lurk

Banned
guided games for the raid I believe it's mainly a 1 person only who is to be guided.

I don't think they allow more than one to be guided by group of 5.

Maybe wrong, but I believe that's how it's going to work.

Kill3r7

The ๖ۜBronx;249327774 said:
How did you do the boss without being able to talk to each other.. ?

Or Gauntlet or any of the other parts of the raid that require communication.

Oh, good, off to ignore them like always then, haha.

Well, sorry if I'm having too much fun playing Crucible or doing the random missions in other planets. :/

Fantastic. So you are playing with others.

Sane_Man

I just got new tickets for guided games (matchmaking). Worked great so far, for nightfall. When I used matchmaking for nightfall, we finished it first try. Same for the second and third nightfall with matchmaking. Can't wait for the Raid matchmaking. I think it's coming next week, right? All this talk about "it does not work, you need communication with headset!" is stupid and not true (at least for nightfall and raid)

The hell are you talking about? If one person isn't communicating during the gauntlet part of the raid there's no way you're going to complete it.

Lurk

Banned
No they rotate on a weekly basis. If you don't want to play or interact with others than Destiny is probably not the game for you.

destiny is a game for everyone, some people love crucible and trials

some love raids.

some love strikes and nightfalls

some people just like dancing in social spaces.

Shito

I don't want to focus on Raid matchmaking since Guided games are coming, but why are Nightfalls and Trials locked? There's nothing remotely difficult or communications-dependent in these modes
Are you kidding me?! No communication needed for Trials?!
I can buy that for the Nightfall (and even then it has guided game), but come on, be a little honest there!

border

Yeah guys, there's nothing remotely difficult about Trials! Anybody can just win a half-dozen matches in a row with random PUGs.

Kill3r7

destiny is a game for everyone, some people love crucible and trials

some love raids.

some love strikes and nightfalls

some people just like dancing in social spaces.

Funny enough, all the activities you listed involve interacting with others. Destiny at its core is a social game/experience.

AlexBasch

Fantastic. So you are playing with others.
Ah, I meant it in the "group up, use a mic, coordinate" thing about the raids and whatnot, that stuff stresses me the hell out and that's what I'm avoiding.

Anyway sorry to derail the thread for a bit, I'm loving my time with Destiny 2 so I'm checking every thread that pops up. :)

Does the difficulty scale according to the number of players?

I understand the lack of revives... but still

Or, can it have a dumb AI partner, just to at least revive you and get shot little?

Kill3r7

Ah, I meant it in the "group up, use a mic, coordinate" thing about the raids and whatnot, that stuff stresses me the hell out and that's what I'm avoiding.

Anyway sorry to derail the thread for a bit, I'm loving my time with Destiny 2 so I'm checking every thread that pops up. :)

Good stuff. Enjoy!

The ๖ۜBronx;249327774 said:
How did you do the boss without being able to talk to each other.. ?

Sorry, I mean I already played the raid, not finished it. I finished three of the rooms. The one with the chains (baths?), the dogs and the gauntlet. Other people talked and I just listened, because I got no headset. Wouldn't that work with the boss?

alexbull_uk

I don’t think the Raid or Trials would really work without communication, but I have to agree about the Nightfall. Don’t see why you couldn’t do that with randoms.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah guys, there's nothing remotely difficult about Trials! Anybody can just win a half-dozen matches in a row with random PUGs.
Yeah guys because it is requirement to go flawless every run and every competitive game works that way right? Am I not smart by making a sarcastic post?

Oh wait. No to all of those.

There really should even be matchmaking for raids. Or at least some in game way to meet people to play with.

Seriously, it's 2017. We've figured out social stuff in games. Having to use a third party app to find people to play with is unacceptable.

I have only two friends that play destiny with me. I cannot find anyone to do stuff that requires more than 3 without using some random website.

The game should have LFG lobbies you can set up, with voice chat to set up teams and what not.

If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. The thing defenders of bungies actions constantly forget is that nothing has to change with the way you interact with the game, but games are supposed to be accessible.

There are plently of compotent players that could work together to finish Nightfalls, raids, etc, that don't have some pre-existing relationship with eachother.

People use these group finding solutions because people want and need them.

I just want something in game, that's convienient and part of the experience.

Strakt

Feel free to discuss what you think is misinformation.

1) Raid Guided Games coming
2) Nightfall Guided Games coming
3) You said theres nothing remotely difficult or communication dependent in TRIALS which is completely inaccurate

Mr Rivuz

You can play crucible, do 3 public events on a different planet every week, or earn 5000 exp for your clan to get powerful gear every week.
The nightfall is just one powerful drop each week, i've yet to do it and i'm 292.

Strakt

]There really should even be matchmaking for raids. Or at least some in game way to meet people to play with.

Seriously, it's 2017. We've figured out social stuff in games. Having to use a third party app to find people to play with is unacceptable.

I have only two friends that play destiny with me. I cannot find anyone to do stuff that requires more than 3 without using some random website.

The game should have LFG lobbies you can set up, with voice chat to set up teams and what not.

If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. The thing defenders of bungies actions constantly forget is that nothing has to change with the way you interact with the game, but games are supposed to be accessible.

There are plently of compotent players that could work together to finish Nightfalls, raids, etc, that don't have some pre-existing relationship with eachother.

People use these group finding solutions because people want and need them.

I just want something in game, that's convienient and part of the experience.

There is matchmaking for raids.. its called guided games

TyrantII

Doesn't Guided games do this?

The probably with matchmaking is when a full fireteam of no chat players matches up.

MM Raids and trials might work when one guy isn't talking and listening, but they're using their speaking members as a crutch to coordinate.

Still kinda scratching my head why people play social games without using a mic, especially when ones included with every console.

Blueblur1

The Normal Mode Nightfall should have standard matchmaking. I beat it dozens of times in D1 with no one using a mic and its not that different in D2.

Guided Games should be reserved for Prestige Nightfall and the Raid.

Draft

This is just another in the many issues surrounding Destiny that Bungie just fundamentally fails on. Its baffling this is the same company that made Halo.

You can literally make randoms in WoW run raids together. Give people a baby mode with worse loot. Why is this even an issue?
At this point, it's a pride thing. Someone at Bungie believes strongly that matchmaking would hamper the raiding experience. They would be very embarrassed when PUGs start clearing that content within 24 hours.

ocean

Banned
I wish the normal Nightfalls had matchmaking. It sucks that you need a group to get any of the high end gear. Really limits you once you hit 260 Power.
While playing solo you have a guaranteed weekly “Powerful Gear” drop from the Call to Arms crucible milestone. You have another for completing the Flashpoint (grind Public Events in a given planet). You have a reward for contributing XP to your clan even if you haven’t played with them. Then there’s the NF, which has Guided Games to find you a team, and the Raid, which will soon get Guided Games.

There’s plenty of progress-enabling activities even without a fire team.

Strakt

At this point, it's a pride thing. Someone at Bungie believes strongly that matchmaking would hamper the raiding experience. They would be very embarrassed when PUGs start clearing that content within 24 hours.

Hows it a pride thing when the game already offers matchmaking for all end game activities besides trials (Guided games) ?

Still kinda scratching my head why people play social games without using a mic, especially when ones included with every console.
I assume a lot of women who are playing would play without a mic to avoid harassment.

LOL at those who say Trials should have matchmaking. I mean, it would be good for those of us who go in as a premade so we'd have some teams to dominate, but doesn't seem like that would be fun for the people being put in through MM, and it would reduce the challenge of going flawless. The competitive playlist has the same modes so just play that if you want a MM version of Trials.

Some of the NF could be fine with MM. Since guided games is now available I'm not sure this is a big issue anymore.

NFs are just strikes with additional modifiers.

Certain exotic quests also demand a fire team, I should have put that in the OP since I'm stuck on both the Rat King and Strum quests.

I did the Sturm/Drang quest solo with no issues (very last bit was a bit difficult but I’m pretty sure you don’t even have to complete it technically).

Top Bottom