• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED cancels Grand Knights History (PSP)

t26

Aside from money, is there any reason why Xseed and RSG can't hire an outside company to do the coding?

Aside from money, is there any reason why Xseed and RSG can't hire an outside company to do the coding?

Maybe Vanillaware doesn't want to share their code. Maybe it just takes too much effort to work with completely unfamiliar code/art. Maybe there is just some stuff an outside company simply cannot do like assisting the actual translation process.

Yuterald

Man...Grand Knights History, La Mulana (WiiWare), the rumored Bayonetta 2 cancellation, the inevitable un-localized Yakuza 5, Binary Domain sales, could it really get any worse? I'm THIS class to packing shit up and just living off of old games and replaying my favorites. This industry is getting worse and worse.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Damn that's brutal. I was really interested in this game.

I hope someone can pick this up, maybe port it to Vita?

Considering that the Vita's online features are far more advanced and better designed, GKH would definitely benefit from a port to Vita.

duckroll

Maybe Vanillaware doesn't want to share their code. Maybe it just takes too much effort to work with completely unfamiliar code/art. Maybe there is just some stuff an outside company simply cannot do like assisting the actual translation process.

Also, since this is a Vanillaware game, maybe some of the text/signs/logos/whatever are stored as art assets, and would require then to redo them into English? Every little bit could add up.

Man...Grand Knights History, La Mulana (WiiWare), the rumored Bayonetta 2 cancellation, the inevitable un-localized Yakuza 5, Binary Domain sales, could it really get any worse? I'm THIS class to packing shit up and just living off of old games and replaying my favorites. This industry is getting worse and worse.

Yes, if we never see the localization of the rest of the TiTS games. :(

wrowa

Yes, if we never see the localization of the rest of the TiTS games. :(

This reminds me: Have we got any word on whether or not XSeed is satisfied with the sales of Ys on Steam? At this point it seems that Steam is the only hope for potential Trails localizations, so I really hope Oath of Felghana turned/turns out to be a good success...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Damn shame. But no blame to Xseed here, I think. Hopefully fans pick up the slack somewhat and a homebrew patch hits.

Aeana

This reminds me: Have we got any word on whether or not XSeed is satisfied with the sales of Ys on Steam? At this point it seems that Steam is the only hope for potential Trails localizations, so I really hope Oath of Felghana turned/turns out to be a good success...

Hopefully it goes on sale during the summer sale and gets a really big boost in sales.

They did develop and release the widescreen patch so it can't have been too terrible.

Given the positions it held on the best-seller chart during its launch week, I suspect it did pretty well for itself.

I really wouldn't freak out too much about Trails SC or any other title; this is pretty clearly a one-off thing resulting from a dev-pub relationship gone awry.

Ra1den

Because of the cancellation I decided I may as well spoil myself by listening to the OST. Big mistake! The pain is only worse now. Phenomenal music right here.

zroid

Banned
C'mon guys, obviously if it were better news, there would have been a new thread.
But it still hurts.

LuuKyK

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vanillaware is busy with Dragon's Crown... so they can't devote resources to help code the localization of GKH :/

Ken

Disappointing bump prompted me to go find my UMD of it and return it to its case.

Vanillaware is busy with Dragon's Crown... so they can't devote resources to help code the localization of GKH :/

I think bringing over DC first is a better choice though; the gameplay alone seems more accessible than GKH.

LuuKyK

I don't want to sound negative, but I doubt the Kickstarter would even get enough backers if it were to happen (which I highly doubt, too).

Anyway, the game has some good tracks in it.

Being a PSP game is already a huge barrier. That's sadly the true about a possible kickstarter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I wonder what's the chance of DC being a cross-buy game.

LuuKyK

Wasn't that confirmed way back, even before the cancellation? This was all about Vanillaware having no one on hand, and thus why it can be doubly frustrating.

I don't think they ever said themselves at what stage the translation was.

Top Bottom