• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

It's ok. I'm returning a 110 win team comprised mostly of 25 year olds completely intact. I'm sure the machine's days are numbered, even if that number is a triple digit one.

My next step is getting me a laptop so I can mess around with this in bed. My 2010 netbook can run this, but it loads so slowly and I can't deal. This could be a really good or a really bad idea.

Enjoying my updated budget, but I don't know who I'm going to spend all that money on. I could add like 50 million in salary. Don't really have anyone in arbitration I'd want to lock up to a long term deal either.

I could take on salary if anyone is looking to shed payroll. Obviously the player or prospects involved would have to make it worth my interest. Could use an OF, 1B, C, or prospects of any flavor.

Rommel

My owner man... Oh I want you to have an 18 million profit. Also want you to sign Ozuna who wants 28 mil a year for 8 years.

Oh and btdubs... I'm reducing your budget by 4 mil...

Bastard

Another off season of searching for a solution in Center Field. Pollock played some nice defense but at some point I need players who can hit as well.

If I can stay healthy and my prospects keep getting better I like my chances next year, but I probably won't stay healthy so whatever

Is Rommel the only human that knows the joys of winning the WS?

Humans lead the CPU in WS wins 3-2

Oh that's right. The Braves and Cards. I'm an idiot again.

The computer has broken my spirit. I've forgotten that the humans are still doing alright. Stupid computer.

brentech

I have the league imported into OOTP 17 and each of the 3 new players added into the game. Before we start to move, I'd still like to wait a couple days and see if we can snag some more of those manager spots (put out a feeler in the MLB thread), but I will upload the league from within OOTP 17 so people can play around with the game from within that client and the new managers can do so as well.

To access the game in OOTP 17, you will need to do a manual import. OOTP 17 must already be installed to complete the process.
Instructions on the link.

An upload was just completed from within OOTP 17, so you may all do this now if you'd like.

Humans lead the CPU in WS wins 3-2

^ There's supposed to be a patch on Saturday so it might be good to wait for that.

Oh that's right. The Braves and Cards. I'm an idiot again.

The computer has broken my spirit. I've forgotten that the humans are still doing alright. Stupid computer.

Bruh, come on now.

Rommel

Mmmm a freshly formatted computer. So fresh... so clean...

Do I need to even bother installing 16? I exported with the latest download before I formatted.

brentech

^ There's supposed to be a patch on Saturday so it might be good to wait for that.
Yeah, the only thing the patch doesn't carry over is some database stuff that wouldn't effect a league like this. We're good.

Mmmm a freshly formatted computer. So fresh... so clean...

Do I need to even bother installing 16? I exported with the latest download before I formatted.

No, you wouldn't need it.

brentech

I'll kept 16 on my desktop a bit longer, but I uninstalled it from my surface pro4.
I just did the download process on that machine and it went through without a hitch. Should be a smooth transition.

edit: Updated OP with better info. Player list only in second post now.

Crud, I offered a bunch of dudes my ML hitting coach job when I wanted them for minor league jobs. Oh well.

Chase DeJong and Alex Jackson are both about to get a whole lot more expensive :(

Well that was an easy upgrade. Really impressed with the updates, the almanac, the history, great upgrade this year.

And this exciting news!

You have just been informed that latest surveys among fans have shown that their loyalty to the Oakland Athletics has increased to a "Below Avg." rating.

Keep up the great work!

I knew we could do it, Oakland!

Rommel

Transition to 17 was fairly painless. Wonder if we will see players who have completely different production based on the new version

Ohhh that's new... Ozuna wants an opt-out lol

Novembers player development is different which is unfortunate. A big spike Baker had is no longer there :( Scouts seem to be evaluating some players a bit differently too.

brentech

Currently have 9 teams open. I'm not aware of any people that are currently in the league not upgrading, but that's a possibility for 1-3 to drop it looks like. I'm not counting them out yet though, might just not have got back at this point.

I'm not an MLB thread regular, but I dropped a line in there. If anyone knows anyone that would have interest, point them this way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Still on vacation in Hawaii, but plan on snagging the new OOTP once I get back. Should be getting it on Monday

Theo doesn't want to be my scout anymore ):

Fired all my coaches pretty much. Owner slashed my budget says I have enough for around an 85 million payroll. My team is at $123 million.. Fucking Chris Archer and Andrelton Simmons.

lmfao!!! your owner is cheaper than Loria!

Somebody over there ruining the Braves franchise the way DCX turned Ohio State into a 4 star school a few years ago

Have you seen the Braves in real life recently? They were ruined when I got them but I was able to salvage a couple decent seasons. I will have us back in the playoffs in the next few seasons.

But I have no money since I lost 100 games

dubc35

I'm not planning on picking this up but curious for those in the league, as I've been interested in this game, how much of a time commitment is it? I assume it varies by person but are we talking an hour a day, 4 hours? I may pick up the mobile version this year and then see about the full version next year. Thanks!

Hold on now. There's a mobile version!?!?

giphy.gif

I'm not planning on picking this up but curious for those in the league, as I've been interested in this game, how much of a time commitment is it? I assume it varies by person but are we talking an hour a day, 4 hours? I may pick up the mobile version this year and then see about the full version next year. Thanks!

I can only speak for myself, but most days I don't find myself spending more than like 10 minutes messing with my team. There are times when it's more and times when it's less.

Playing single player, I've lost hours and hours simming deep into the future. I'll get 30 seasons done in a day or two. In the league, it's 5 minutes of plate spinning every day. We've done 5 seasons in a year.

Here's how my 5 minute check in goes:

- Download latest
- Check sim results email "You've gone 2-4 last week"
- Curse
- Look for other starred emails "Baseball McBaseballer overall rating now 70!"
- Check on Baseball McBaseballer - offer contract extension, 5 yrs @ $15/per
- Look at roster
- See guy with red plus sign next to him, signifying injury
- Notice it's my best player
- "Your best player is out 2-3 months after slipping on a sunflower seed packet"
- Curse
- Check the minors, dogshit. Promote Dogshit.
- Ask manager to set lineups
- Dogshit, playing RF, batting 3rd
- Check waiver wire, see nothing on waiver wire
- Upload roster

The Next Day

- Download latest
- Check sim results email "You've gone 5-1 last week"
- Raise eyebrows
- Look for other starred emails "Baseball McBaseballer signs contract 5 yrs @ $15/per!"
- Look at roster
- See guy with red plus sign next to him, signifying injury
- Notice it's Baseball McBaseballer
- "Baseball McBaseballer will miss a year with a torn labrum"
- Curse
- Check on Dogshit
- Dogshit hit .750-3-10 in the week
- Think "Dogshit is now my best player. I love Dogshit"
- Upload roster

Zoomed

Neo Member
I will be getting set up this weekend and ready to go next week. Looking forward to getting to know everybody!

I'm in as the Royals. I took a look at what they have in 2019, and they look like absolute trash. Basement cellars, like they've been for most of my life. Should be a huge challenge, especially for a noob to the series.

brentech

I'm in as the Royals. I took a look at what they have in 2019, and they look like absolute trash. Basement cellars, like they've been for most of my life. Should be a huge challenge, especially for a noob to the series.

Added to the team in 2nd post, added to league, but not going to upload the update with you until tomorrow.

Top Bottom