• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass launches March 29th

Don't know for sure but I think I heard both are locked at 30. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 60 on PS4 and 30 on Switch.

On Ps4 it's definitely 60 fps, don't know about Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvT4g-e5T-o

I believe framerate is the compromise they made.

1080p30fps in docked mode.
Thanks for the info. Might have to go PS4 on this one for the higher framerate, but I'm buying it either way.

maxcriden

Thanks for the info. Might have to go PS4 on this one for the higher framerate, but I'm buying it either way.

Either my eyes are going out or that footage is 30fps and not 60fps. Not that I doubt the PS4 version is 60, just that footage doesn't show it at 60.

I thought I read in a previous Snake Pass thread that previous PS4 footage may have been running at unlocked 60, if that helps at all.

bumpkin

Yea, it went private for some reason.
I think someone jumped the gun on their end.

I'm in for Switch regardless. I'd love for it to get a physical release, but something tells me it's going to just be digital.

Do we know price yet?

This is the day after Has Been Heroes releases. I'll be out of town on business and will have my Switch with me so glad I will have a couple new games to play.

TAS

Just found out about this game a few days ago. With music by David Wise, do we even have a choice not getting it? 🤔

Oneself

Either my eyes are going out or that footage is 30fps and not 60fps. Not that I doubt the PS4 version is 60, just that footage doesn't show it at 60.
It's definitely "targeting" 60fps. Parts of the video are 60, most of it is around 45-50.
Pro version will certainly be steady 60...

imae

Definitely interested in this but not sure which platform I'll grab it on.

Is it definitely releasing on Switch on March 29th too? Noticed the video is now private, maybe they just set it live too early.

David Wise!

Damn, why is March so busy!?

I'm going to be getting Mass Effect Andromeda a week before this comes out and the Kingdom Hearts Collection comes out the same day as this I think.

Hopefully I'll be at least done with Zelda by then, but there's also Horizon I want and I've been meaning to get Last Guardian too. D:

So what is this game exactly? I watched some footage of it when they got it running on the Switch, but that was the first time I heard of it. It looks pretty, and cute, but I have no idea what the gameplay was, even after watching it.

Rodelero

So what is this game exactly? I watched some footage of it when they got it running on the Switch, but that was the first time I heard of it. It looks pretty, and cute, but I have no idea what the gameplay was, even after watching it.

Having played it, I'd say it's best described as a 3D platformer, with a very unusual movement mechanic.

It's definitely "targeting" 60fps. Parts of the video are 60, most of it is around 45-50.
Pro version will certainly be steady 60...

Got a time stamp? I didn't watch the whole video, but every time I jumped around, I never saw it ever hit 60. Curious to see it in 60 fps glory, even if brief.

Play Anywhere is a nice touch, it makes me more likely to dive in on digital purchases. I played this back at Rezzed last year and I loved the concept mixed with the Banjo-esque charm.

Consider me sold.

BuggyMike

Niiice. Zelda, Fast RMX and now this will be plenty for the first month. I went from being disappointed in the launch month to being pretty happy with it.

Now considering Redout is UE4, I wanna see how that turns out, wonder if they can hit 1080p on that too.

Top Bottom