• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wille517

Neo Member
Resolution was expected. .but frame rate issues on ghosts? on both consoles? game is ugly as fuck, what are they doing over there.
But if you watched the video that IGN released of Ghost in 1080p native on PS4 it looked like hell I just assumed this would be the case after the last nuclear meltdown GAF had when he leaked that info. But on a side note struggling to hit 60fps on a 1080p game understandable in my view the One's 720p version struggling is in my thought very disconcerting.

Hi Guys,

I heard today that my name was mentioned over here and I wanted to give you a fuller version of my views than Twitter allows:

Looks at topic title, and wonders why a dev would say something a stupid as this.
1080P or 720?

Right now most outlets are capturing in 720. So you play the game at 1080P and capture at 720 to reduce the bandwidth needed for the upload/download. This is 100% up to the publisher and NOT the console guys.

The logic here is that more people will be inclined to upload smaller files, thus more eyeballs.

WTF does any of this have to do with what's being discussed?

Since people keep asking about the Thuway issue, basically we asked him to not post the last rumor because it was about the resolution of a game that had at least a year of development time left.

Given how game development works, it's not overly fruitful to draw conclusions about a game in that early of a state versus discussing a game that has already went gold such as Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4.

For example, this was the first unaltered screenshot we ever received of a next-gen Ubisoft game:

1.) It barely looks any different than Assassin's Creed 2.
2.) The screenshot is 1024x640 and has additional black bars.
3.) It's running at 13 FPS.

Now obviously the game wouldn't have shipped this way. It quite possibly could have had the same resolution at the end, but everything is so early about this image that you can see why there probably wasn't a ton of value in discussing it yet.

We're not against forum rumors, but we do like to focus on ones that are about things that are more related to final products or what consumers will definitely end up seeing.

My question would be that it's supposedly an unannounced major title. Since we don't know what the title is, how could it be major? It could be Big Rigs 2 for all we know. But major title? What would constitute a major title? It would have to be something already in development. We know the next CoD is probably in development since they rotate devs each year. Maybe it's Battlefield V? I don't know. I agree with you guys, since whatever it is it's probably still early in development. I'm just saying with the talk of Ghosts being 720p, it would probably be a big story if the next CoD was also 720p on Xbox. Please don't ban me.

Chobel

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 900p on PS4. So speculation could be rampant, but this is where they are at now.

Also COD Ghosts has framerate issues to be ironed out by launch. Both machines.

One more bit of information, but working on getting another source for that will be nigh impossible, I have informed Kagari about it.

Disappointed that BF4 is 900p...

Well in all fairness to DICE they do have to put it out on 5 platforms so really if anyone was being intellectually honest with themselves was to be expected imo

This. The drivers for the new consoles were constantly changing, and therefore left little time for deep diving. They had to deliver the game on 5 platforms (2 brand new) within a limited window. Their second effort better be the shit or I will burn this place down.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Disappointing news with bf4. I'll have to reevaluate my launch day spending.

900p? Preorder cancelled, no sale DICE.

Here's 900p vs. 1080p before you get too upset:

iyq600fUe9wZK.jpg

iHtIAC3OU1gI3.jpg

Pop

I'm disappointed that's BF4 on Ps4 is only 900p but then again look at all they are doing. 32vs32 is no joke, plus other details and whatnot. I'll reserve full judgement until I see it.

This thread has escalated... feels like too much is going on. Kevin dent makes an appearance, cboat, thuway inside info, nirolak with the explanation with some leaks, wow.

900p is unfortunate

Also about COD frame rate issues.... I wonder how bad it is especially for the 720p version

Push the game back IW

For me though a guy who wasn't going to get CoD anyway.... And was likely going to get BF 4 premium edition a few months later for PC
it didn't impact me very much

Of course for a majority of people to big shooters taking a hit is pretty bad
Edit: lol CBOAT smack down

Hmm. Hearing BF4 is 900p on PS4 almost does make me reconsider this entire situation. More than anything, this just seems like normal rushed launch game conditions.

I can only imagine they used Component all the time for PS3 captures. Now Component is gone, so they have to work around HDMI. Since stripping is technically illegal, maybe they can't do it?

It _IS_ illegal. True, I doubt Sony would press charges but it still is against the law.

Until Sony officially patches it out, having a large site like IGN blatantly break the law (and you know people are going to ask, "how did IGN capture video and how can I do it?") should send any lawyers into meltdown.

It's going to be be a couple of months so any lawyer would tell them.."Just wait...a few months is not worth the potential headaches even if it is unlikely"

EDIT: This is Activision. I'm sorry but how can COD:Ghost not hit 1080p and have framerate issues on the PS4....that said..are we blowing this out of proportion?

900p is fine. Barely a difference to 1080p.

It's not fine, exactly, as we'd all prefer 1080p. It is significantly better than 720p obviously, but it's not ideal. Not unexpected though. I feel the need to point this out because people are going to call us crazy for bitching about Xbone games being 720p but not making a peep when PS4 games aren't 1080p. We don't like it, obviously. But we'd still take the best version, which seems to be PS4.

1600x900 for BF4 on the PS4 was expected.

And I don't see how a game like CoD is having framerate issues as ugly and unimpressive as it is, but what do I know

Mahonay

Banned
but we thought it was 1080p on ps4. Like i said, the difference is less pronounced :)
No, "we" really didn't. Most of GAF, for some time now, was under the impression that BF4 was very likely to be about 900p on PS4.

There may have been one source that claimed 1080p for BF4, and a misleading listing on the PSN store, but everything else pointed to 900p. DICE themselves said it was not going to be 1080p. Soooo...

fade_

But if you watched the video that IGN released of Ghost in 1080p native on PS4 it looked like hell I just assumed this would be the case after the last nuclear meltdown GAF had when he leaked that info. But on a side note struggling to hit 60fps on a 1080p game understandable in my view the One's 720p version struggling is in my thought very disconcerting.

If you take a look at the PC min requirements you can tell its unoptimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom