• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

barit

Game is pretty good. I can see now the appeal in Battle Royal games. Wish the map was bigger tho. Played a couple of rounds and already saw ~50% of it I think

patch notes direct link: (link above broken for me)

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-1-6-3-release-notes

Game is pretty good. I can see now the appeal in Battle Royal games. Wish the map was bigger tho. Played a couple of rounds and already saw ~50% of it I think

I think they'll have bigger maps later on. They've said this won't be the only map to play on and they'll probably be adding vehicles which would support a bigger map. I think of the map we have right now as more of a working prototype tbh. It's a nice map but I think they can do much better.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I think the map is smaller because you can only travel on foot.

If they were to introduce vehicles, it would have to be on a larger map.

Duos are coming but they'll be initially deactivated. They'll activate it when there are enough players to support 3 different queues to play (solo, squad, duos).

I like the auto-fill thing for squads. Cause I got some ppl on my friends list I never talk to lol

arimanius

Duos are coming but they'll be initially deactivated. They'll activate it when there are enough players to support 3 different queues to play (solo, squad, duos).

I like the auto-fill thing for squads. Cause I got some ppl on my friends list I never talk to lol

Which will be like 5 mins after release lol.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
Does anybody have any idea when this will go live on Xbox (the free seperate download that is)

I don't see why not they did say for PC,PS4, and Xbox. The only thing those with Xbox have to worry about is having Gold to play the game.

Edit: Ahh misread the question my bad, but it should be some time tomorrow with the other platforms.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
If bluehole had shut their bad PR mouth I think this mode would have released unnoticed.

Instead they put it in the spotlight and a lot of more ppl are aware of it and will try it. me included
Yup, I would have not heard of this had they not opened their mouth.

When can we expect vehicles, Squads, FPP?

And more maps. I think whichever game can build a solid list of maps will be killer

Weather effects too plz

HowZatOZ

Banned
Despite no Oceanic servers (at least from what I've currently heard) I might stills give this a go to see how the gameplay meshes with me. I've only been watching brief gameplay and it looks good but just needs those ballistic tweaks I've mentioned before and the loot which seems to be in consideration.

Despite no Oceanic servers (at least from what I've currently heard) I might stills give this a go to see how the gameplay meshes with me. I've only been watching brief gameplay and it looks good but just needs those ballistic tweaks I've mentioned before and the loot which seems to be in consideration.

I think there are oceanic servers

servers.jpg

Kalentan

Downloaded it today and it seems to be up already? At least I haven't bought any version of Fortnite and yet I was able to play a match.

It was fun! I got 2 kills but then sadly got sniped as I healed at #32 I believe or something.

You won't be once you see me on the Battlefield.

"Oh hey it's Crossing Ed--"
Killcam:
giphy.gif

Is there All Chat? I will negotiate peace. That tends to be my strategy when I am hunted down.

The base building seems kind of fun, especially when it ends up being 1v1.

but the map looks small and no vehicles makes me sad. I enjoy PUBG for the scale and will hope we can see a secondary map with that sense quick.

And FPP. I need that for sure

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Is there All Chat? I will negotiate peace. That tends to be my strategy when I am hunted down.

The base building seems kind of fun, especially when it ends up being 1v1.

but the map looks small and no vehicles makes me sad. I enjoy PUBG for the scale and will hope we can see a secondary map with that sense quick.

And FPP. I need that for sure
They're working on implementing vehicles.

GHG

Exactly.

I've never had a problem with it personally. If you expect to win by just firefighting with low level weapons then you're doing it wrong. You need to keep looting until you find a better weapon. Until you do, use everything else other than the guns at your disposal to try and gain advantages.

I hope they don't change anything about the shooting. If the shooting becomes the focus then we end up with yet another generic shooter as if that becomes the most efficient way to win everybody will just run around shooting each other and not bother with any of the other interesting aspects of the game.

If you just want to shoot shit there are plenty of other games to simply shoot shit in.

Crossing Eden

Exactly.

I've never had a problem with it personally. If you expect to win by just firefighting with low level weapons then you're doing it wrong. You need to keep looting until you find a better weapon. Until you do, use everything else other than the guns at your disposal to try and gain advantages.

I hope they don't change anything about the shooting. If the shooting becomes the focus then we end up with yet another generic shooter as if that becomes the most efficient way to win everybody will just run around shooting each other and not bother with any of the other interesting aspects of the game.

If you just want to shoot shit there are plenty of other games to simply shoot shit in.
I mean killing other players already is the focus of the game so good shooting mechanics is kinda integral to that.

His body perspective looks funny in this lol.
Can't unsee...

GHG

I mean killing other players already is the focus of the game so good shooting mechanics is kinda integral to that.

Can't unsee...

It's a focus but using traps and building shit to gain an advantage over your opponents until you find good guns is also a viable tactic.

The moment they make every gun amazing is the moment it becomes only about the shooting.

So this is going F2P for everyone today right?

Looking forward to trying out a Battleground type game, this could be a good timewaster for me.

Crossing Eden

It's a focus but using traps and building shit to gain an advantage over your opponents until you find good guns is also a viable tactic.

The moment they make every gun amazing is the moment it becomes only about the shooting.
True but a first person mode doesn't mean that every gun has to be OP.

GHG

I was searching on the psn website through several countries if it's online in one of them earlier and it really seems to be in one, in Canada.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...yale/cid=UP1477-CUSA07022_00-FORTNITETESTING1

I go right to the console now and try if it works.

Edit:

Seems like it's just the standard one that got renamed to Fortnite Battle Royale. That seems to be their main series now. Every founders pack has that name now.

PvE players are gonna be pissed.

I honestly this the BR mode in this will take off in a big way if they keep improving it.

Maximus P

The distinctive noise when a shot from a sniper whizzes past you is perfect. Normally, I shit my pants and jump,bob and weave like a mad man while I run to the nearest cover.

Floody

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, but will this be it's own separate download or should I download Fortnite through PSN?

Top Bottom