• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

fvng

:

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

This policy is extremely foreign to someone like me who has only been playing on PC/PS3 this current gen.

I have like 3 psn accounts in different regions, purchase content from all three as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
He has that many 360's because he's an achievement whore. So am I, but to a lesser degree. Most achievement whores who have over 200,000 gamerscore have multiple consoles to make getting achievements easier and faster. 8 is a little excessive but multiple consoles is not out of the ordinary for whores.

skeptical-dogauk86.jpg

skeptical-dogauk86.jpg

skeptical-dogauk86.jpg

He has that many 360's because he's an achievement whore. So am I, but to a lesser degree. Most achievement whores who have over 200,000 gamerscore have multiple consoles to make getting achievements easier and faster. 8 is a little excessive but multiple consoles is not out of the ordinary for whores.
How can you even play on them at once? Matter of fact how can you even play 2 games at once? MATTER OF FACT... how can you even be signed in to more than one?

whitehawk

Banned
You use the other accounts to boost your main account in online matches for achievements.
Wow, wouldn't that be expensive? Unless you managed to scrounge up a whole bunch of XBL trials, you would need to buy XBL for 7 other accounts... Although I suppose 8 XBox 360's would be expensive too. edit: Didn't even think of the extra games...

New002

I fully expect this thread to be a goldmine of .gifs.
Don't limit yourself to the usual jingle, people!

(9 working xboxes? 'thehell)

I think you're on to something here. Maybe OP just made this thread to collect gifs and funny images!

I'm trying to imagine the setup of maintaining 9 Xbox 360s. All the power strips, hdmi cables, TVs, controllers, charging cables, ethernet cables...

Cels

Grimløck;83575165 said:
Is your friend upset/surprised by the outcome? It seems like a foregone conclusion that he would get banned for "utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

i'm skeptical though. microsoft has the right to ban you for doing it, no doubt, but they haven't, ever, not in eight years.

8 is a little excessive but multiple consoles is not out of the ordinary for whores.

I had no idea whores had it so good...or were so skilled at multi-tasking even.

Also...I think that might be the best quote...ever.

I'm trying to imagine the setup of maintaining 9 Xbox 360s. All the power strips, hdmi cables, TVs, controllers, charging cables, ethernet cables...

And this is precisely why you only have one 360, you think too small. Don't presume to put YOUR limitations on whores, sir.

bootski

This policy is extremely foreign to someone like me who has only been playing on PC/PS3 this current gen.

I have like 3 psn accounts in different regions, purchase content from all three as well.

i have no issue with this but the fact is the oman scam wasn't at all switching regions to pay a different price like you can on steam/ps3 and even the xbox. the oman thing was straight up piracy. circumventing the region lock to land you in a region without any marketplace and getting certain games for free. there is no reasonable difference between pirating a physical copy and running the oman scam and i think MS should be banning the consoles involved as well since it boils down to theft of services.

Troll

Banned
Can someone explain to me how having EIGHT Xboxes (plural?) helps boost your gamerscore?

Also what's his GT?

How does having more than 1 console make it faster when achievements are tied to a single account?

Unless he is doing something fishy to boost his score with the other consoles which would explain the ban.

Ocaso

Can someone explain to me how having EIGHT Xboxes (plural?) helps boost your gamerscore?

Also what's his GT?

I guess you play multiplayer games with yourself to make getting those achievements easier? It's a sad state of affairs.

Lets say you are trying to get the multiplayer achievements in some old ass game, lets say The Darkness. Say you need 8 people to start a multiplayer game. Instead of having 8 people get every achievement which would take forever, you have 2 people with 4 xbox's each (3 dummy and 1 main per person) which cuts down the time drastically.

flkraven

He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.

So he he owns 9 consoles and, in some cases, would purchase 9 copies of the same game in order boost achievements....

242.gif

How does having more than 1 console make it faster when achievements are tied to a single account?

Unless he is doing something fishy to boost his score with the other consoles which would explain the ban.

I suppose it's possible to boost with other consoles and other accounts but that also involves multiple copies of the game in question. (all legit copies right)

...and a tonne of fucking work and logistics.

Unless he has some small children-illegals chained up down there grinding out achievements for him. Achievement whores are the worst kind of whore it seems...

Riggs

Banned
I suppose it's possible to boost with other consoles and other accounts but that also involves multiple copies of the game in question. (all legit copies right)

...and a tonne of fucking work and logistics.

Unless he has some small children-illegals chained up down there grinding out achievements for him. Achievement whores are the worst kind of whore it seems...

Just picturing children, slaving away for this dudes achievements .... lol.

Top Bottom