• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sack Lather: Sony exec confirms LBP2, supports Move

Mikey Jr.

If anyone here is familiar with starcraft 2, they released a map editor. Whats so special is that it not only creates maps, but OTHER game types. I've seen a tetris clone, sidescrolling shooter, a racer, third person shooter, a top down shooter, and a japan type shooter, all from an RTS map editor.

So I have extremely high hopes for LPB2. What the community has created in LPB1 was crazy. They found ways to do things that even the developers were in amazed and MM is giving the players A LOT more tools, so what we are going to see will be out of this world. I'm pumped.

iratA

Sweet lord... oh my this sounds sooo good. Please be good, please be good. MM seem to have addressed every major concern with the first game. Developers take note.

deadatom

Banned
So will sony have to monitor the levels/games people make? With all these tools at their disposal people will be able to sackatize other sidescrolling/puzzle/racing/rpg games easily. Which will put a dent in the pockets of anyone that has any monetary interest in a game that can be reproduced via lbp2.

I also hope they create an option to allow people to choose if online that they don't die if off screen. Just keep the camera focused on the character you play with.

I also wonder what the size limits of new levels will be if you can import your own sounds and movies. Perhaps they are writing their own code because the servers will need to be able to throttle up or down the quality of user generated media when playing online?

Top Bottom