• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Premium pass is up!

Drey1082

actually, after signing myself up, it looks as if there's nothing special for it yet, once you sign up, it just goes to the easports online webpage. I don't think there's any content yet, but you can sign up.

Fifty

Hmmm, ok, then there's no rush. I thought the EA Calender, and the advanced ranking pages would be up from the get go. Maybe you need to log on to the game.

Maverick

Heh, you know I really hope it makes for better competition, or at least people who won't quit on you after you go up 17-0. That's what irks me the most. When people quit on you when it's still a game.

Lamers....Is your "name in lights" yet? lol.

Slo

My rep is 379. I have no idea why it jumped that much, since my rep was like 204 before signing up.

DMczaf

Slo said:
My rep is 379. I have no idea why it jumped that much, since my rep was like 204 before signing up.

Here are the features that are open now

EA Reputation Boost: Players who sign up for the EA SPORTS Premium Pass receive a boost to their online Reputation Rating, which is a publicly visible indicator that rewards players based on their adherence to the EA SPORTS Fair Play rules. Players will now be able to tell if their opponents play by the rules.
Name in Lights: Adding to the EA SPORTS Premium Pass VIP status, all subscribers will have their name highlighted from non-members in the game and on the EA SPORTS Premium Pass web pages, making it easy for serious Madden gamers to find and challenge each other.
Early Registration for the 2004 EA SPORTS Madden Challenge: Subscribers get a full 48 hours to register before non-subscribers for EA SPORTS Madden Challenge Tournaments.
Madden University: More Madden online tips and hints than players knew existed can be found here. Packed with rookie, mid-level and hard core tactics, Madden University will be updated weekly with the latest online strategies and host various columns from well-known community luminaries.
Personalized Career Pages: View tournament and league standings, leaderboards, and schedules from within your own personalized command center! Soon, you'll even be able to see how your EA SPORTS Fantasy Football team is stacking up!
Expanded Leaderboards: Members-only leaderboards are enhanced with dozens of statistics, less scrolling, and a more comprehensive view of your potential opponents' stats.
Customizable Streaming Sports Ticker on Web: Pulling in multiple real world sports feeds as well as EA SPORTS online system messages, the Ticker will allow subscribers to customize the sports news they see, and get important alerts about Madden NFL 2005 online.
EA Calendar: Subscribers can set their “time online” preferences and organize Madden NFL 2005 challenges and tournament games. Other members can challenge them and be assured that they will find a suitable time on their calendar.
Exclusive Events: Members will have access to exclusive events. We are planning to give away tickets to major sporting events and unique EA SPORTS items through a variety of Madden tournaments.
Members Only Medals: Major milestones and big online events won’t go unrewarded; EA SPORTS Premium Pass members will receive special medals that they can display next to their game trophies in their Trophy Room on their Personal Career web pages.
Restricted Access Message Boards: Premium Pass members will have their own place to hang out on the message boards. Moderated by EA Admins, the boards will be the best place to discuss the latest online strategies or find your next foe.
Members Only Customer Support: Priority web, email, and in-game support from EA Customer Support.

Drey1082

I don't see any "lights" in relation to my Gamertag. I do notice that my rep rating is pretty much higher than 95% of everyone else though.

and my rank is not showing. People messaged me about it, and I checked to find it true. I only have --- for my rank. Very strange.

Ramirez

Ugh,I can't get my Gamertag linked up with my account :( It keeps telling me it will send me an email with the info but it never does >_<

cubanb

Banned
hmmmm, i was up 27-0 in a game with 2:30 left and I intercepted the guys pass. as soon as that happened i got the you got disconnected menu. with no choice to finish game vs cpu. now i look at my stats and it says I lost even though it says i had 27 to 0.

they are gonna change this, right?

oh and does this premium pass apply to xbox and ps2 or do i need seperate names for both systems

ShadowRed

Banned
Ramirez said:
Ugh,I can't get my Gamertag linked up with my account :( It keeps telling me it will send me an email with the info but it never does >_<

Same here. Can anyone provide links to how to link our Gamerstags to our EA accounts?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Slo said:

How did it get that high? :\ Its says you only get 125 rep points for signing up.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
How did it get that high? :\ Its says you only get 125 rep points for signing up.

You get 50 points for confirming your email address, which you are doing with Premium Pass so its actually 175 rep points if you havent confirmed your email yet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

Wait,it says to confirm my info in the email,but there is no link to click on..I dont get it.

Fifty

No, I thought that was just an email confirmation telling you that it was already done. Read it again..

ShadowRed

Banned
Fifty said:
No, I thought that was just an email confirmation telling you that it was already done. Read it again..

No I read it as there is supposed to be a email telling you how to link them. I get a email telling me I've signed up, not one telling me how to link them. I've been online and my name hasn't become highlighted or anything like it says it's supposed to be.

Matrix

Fifty said:

It says...

You can win -- big time. Be sure to confirm your information below so that we
can send you any prizes you score during the season. We’ll also let you know
about member only contests and events.

Member Name: matrixadw2005
Service: EA SPORTS Premium Pass presented by Dodge for Madden NFL 2005. $19.99
value, Now FREE!
Address: *********************************

It makes its sound like you still have to confirm your info....I also never got the extra 50 reps points Dm mentioned.

Matrix

I'm hoping you're right or Dm is a douche....one would be good :p

Btw I sent you a friend request,except it douchevara.

Also it seems no one who signed up has their names in lights.

Fifty

That's weird that it would take me off your list. I understand that the friends list had some issues, but I guess you had the worst luck. I'll accept the invite in a few minutes.

Rorschach

How come it won't let me choose the nick I use on all EA games? I can't even look at stats or anything because it only lets me choose 1 nick that I never used.

Drey1082

I don't understand why EA is letting people sign up for this, when there's no content to launch it with. There's no name "in lights", no leagues, no special message board, no calendar, etc... Why didn't they just wait till they had most of the features ready?

DMczaf

From EASO Nathan

You won't see your name change in game unti lthe near future. If you go to the Maden Leaderboards on the web site, you will be yoiur name bolded and a medallion attahced to it distinguishinig you as a Premium Pass member.

About leagues

You can have 4 - 32 players in your league. No need to have a full 32 to have a fun time.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Drey1082 said:
I don't understand why EA is letting people sign up for this, when there's no content to launch it with. There's no name "in lights", no leagues, no special message board, no calendar, etc... Why didn't they just wait till they had most of the features ready?

I think the board and calendar are up. I have seen both.

Top Bottom