• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus has a new logo: /|TLUS

I guess they did that in house - otherwise subtle changes like these remind me when our German Employment Agency changed logos.
Old one and new one:
32493_1.gif

That change did cost a confirmed 100.000 Euros and the estimated cost for all agencies to implement it was 10.000.000 Euros.
Whoever made that logo was laughing their way to the bank, no doubt.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly the lack of separated letters means they will finally release their games worldwide. I am so happy now.

Honey Bunny

Atlus just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by having a boring minimalist logo. If you screw up your logo design in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after seeing this new logo with the letters too far apart, is not going to want to purchase Persona 5 for any system, nor will they purchase the stupid spinoffs like Dancing All Night. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Atlus has alienated an entire market with this move.
Atlues, publicly apologize and cancel the logo redesign or you can kiss your business goodbye.

todd360

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by having a boring minimalist logo. If you screw up your logo design in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after seeing this new logo with the letters too far apart, is not going to want to purchase Persona 5 for any system, nor will they purchase the stupid spinoffs like Dancing All Night. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Atlus has alienated an entire market with this move.
Atlues, publicly apologize and cancel the logo redesign or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This joke never gets old. (I'm an expert) kills me every time.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
If you hadn't pointed out it was different I never would have noticed it had changed. It's... whatever.

Kind of a sidegrade. The slight simplification is good and I like the new "A" but the rest is kind of dated generic. I probably would have gone with a thinner font if they were going to go in this direction. Maybe something closer to this:

9VKogq2.jpg

I piggy-backed off of yours:

nl1yicA.png

The A is a little messed up since I squished it, but it gets the idea across.

Edit: Made the U more like the old logo.

9KMp70d.png

I mean, I don't really like the new logo, but its just a logo, some of the responses in here are hilarious. It is not even that different from their old one!

I'm indifferent to the new logo, it's not that great, but it's not awful either, just very average. I've seen worse company logos *cough*Gap*cough*, this one is alright.

Though it's pretty amusing to find this gem of a logo from ATLUS US branch from the PS1 days.

ohlawd

Allow me to submit my logo proposal

ibiSSL1jmO2MSX.jpg

I feel it fits the company philosophy much better

Good job, GAF. I laughed.

sub_o

I'm indifferent to the new logo, it's not that great, but it's not awful either, just very average. I've seen worse company logos *cough*Gap*cough*, this one is alright.

Though it's pretty amusing to find this gem of a logo from ATLUS US branch from the PS1 days.

I really like Tail Concerto. It's a real cute game, the game has that kind of sincere vibe that it's hard to find nowadays.
I remembered that I wished the cats are the good guys though.

I genuinely laughed at this. Never gets old.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You KNOW, and I mean, down in your plums, that some marketing loony bin said the old logo's breaks "sends out the wrong message, a fractured company/liable to break apart" and so on and so forth, and then citing every single other company that swerved to generic fonts in the current decade.

I can hear their voice saying it all right now. That fucking annoying nasally cuntfuck voice!

Andodalf

Banned

And we're done! lets go home folks!

Top Bottom