• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WHERE DID HE EVEN GET THE TOMMY GUN

Source?

6Sq6lpP.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
WHERE DID HE EVEN GET THE TOMMY GUN

Source?

There was actually a whole article about it that I'm having trouble finding but notably it was a lot of the guys who worked on stuff like the Disney Robin Hood film and other anthromorphic animal movies.

caliph95

That's the only thing most of the recent dc animated movies had to offer some competent action scenes

Too bad the rest of the movie isn't good

caliph95

I'm starting to not care for Harley Quinn

Its like for comic reference how Deadpool in certain comics writers write a nuanced and complex deadpool with dark humor even the movie tried that but then you get in pop culture and everywhere else memepool who is funny because how wacky they are and so random and shit like that (which is funny when Gwenpool made a joke how she hated deadpool because of that)

Harley Quinn is outside of comics like injustice and her original appearance is starting to get annoying

Morlas

i'm pretty sure the fact that he was doing it for a children's cartoon was what kept his tendencies in check...maybe Dini too

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I first noticed Batman getting a bit sexier was when they transitioned over to the New Adventures of Batman and Robin style. This is not to say there weren't sexy designs in the original run of the show but it definitely turned the knob up a bit. Superman has a couple as well, Batman Beyond has a lot more, Justice League has its moments in the Unlimited seasons. Since the end of that run of the DCAU though every revival since then has had it in spades.

Xe4

Banned
So what's the reception to that new Batman and Harley Quinn movie li-oh. (NSFW)

Tim, we really gotta keep you away from these movies...

Granted, I'll admit it's somewhat hypocritcal of me to lambaste it for this, but Batman should be better than this.

The relative proportions of that butt make it look like it belongs in an abstract painting or something. Seriously, it was like it was drawn from two different angles.

Timm's a pervy mother fucker, I'm not surprised. It sucks that the guy went from making one of the best animated shows ever to... this.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Frank West, despite having a shitty movelist, has made most of the crossover games since Tatsunoko versus Capcom:Ultimate All Stars.

Morlas

you know going back and playing them really makes appreciate how much Tiz Agnes and Edea grow from the first game to the second game

Nah, it's still great.

In fact worse and worse batman products have made some previously scoffed at efforts like The Batman and Brave and the Bold better by comparison.

It makes TAS look saintly by comparison.

I liked The Batman and BaTB.

But I can't rewatch the "Rev up your Harley" scene in TAS and not think "Did Timm pitch this scene?".

cntr

Banned
showdown stuff:

i think they bring this up at some point, but people do stay aware and awake when buu turns them into cookies and eats them

Timm's a pervy mother fucker, I'm not surprised. It sucks that the guy went from making one of the best animated shows ever to... this.

Modern-day Bruce Timm is retroactively ruining my childhood.

I think Bruce Timm is becoming a case of what happens when the restraints of "Broadcast Standards" get removed. As in, I think this was what Bruce Timm was always like, only difference is he was forced to tone his stuff down to make air.

caliph95

I think Bruce Timm is becoming a case of what happens when the restraints of "Broadcast Standards" get removed. As in, I think this was what Bruce Timm was always like, only difference is he was forced to tone his stuff down to make air.
Sometimes you feel hey artists need freedom to be creative and express themselves.

Then you realize some artists need restraint or they got off the rails and self indulgent.

I always just assumed Paul Dini kept him from going full Bruce Timm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom