• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

New weekly tomorrow, and new Monthly by week's end.
My speculation for the new monthly highlight (single or duo)-
Doom 2016
Dishonored 2
Just Cause 3
Mafia 3
Cities Skylines

Is there any way to force Steam Overlay to work in some old games? Not DOSBox games, some titles from early 00s, for example Runaway 1-2, Lost Planet DX10, Tomb Raider Legend, random casual puzzle games... Is it possible to fix this issue manually? Why exactly steam overlay could refuse to work in some games?

MRORANGE

I have a 512gb sad m.2 and 3tb won't be able to fill that up for at least a year so looking great right now... unless DOOM gets another update.

Well Doom has been crazy cheap for so long, it would really be the perfect early unlock because Humble can say "$50 value" but its regularly $10-$15. I welcome it as I have been wanting to buy it and it is a good excuse.

For your sake, I hope it's in there.

For mine, I hope it's not.

That game is one of the best experiences I've had in recent memory. Pedal to the metal from start to finish. Immediately brought me back to forever ago, trading Doom 2 back and forth with my older brother.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Aaron D.

Also, everybody's talking about how good PUBG is, meanwhile I don't have the patience for most multiplayer games despite how good they look :p

One of the most liberating moments came when I realized that I didn't have to be part of Water-Cooler Gaming moments. No matter how sublime they may be, if it's not in my wheelhouse, that's OKAY.

So as an online-phobic gamer in general that means I can appreciate from afar games like PUBG, Overwatch and Rocket League, MOBAs like LOL & DOTA, plus a whole host of genres I just don't care about (RTS, Character Action, Fighting, etc.)...but not feel compelled in the least to try them myself.

Heck, I don't even have time in my schedule as it is to enjoy all the Must See TV titles in genres I enjoy!

Played it just this weekend. Really wasn't a fan. Gunplay felt rubbish and I hated that the ADS was a toggle (presumably you can change that but I couldn't find it in the mass of options). Thankfully it was very short.
Bummer. I'll definitely give it a shot today. How long was the campaign?

idling for cards is a slippery slope I am not ready for yet. I give the games 3 hours to interest me.
There isn't any problem with it. You could also do this natively within the Steam client without downloading any external programs too. You just won't get the convenience of the software auto-switching when you already get cards from that particular game.

It's been sheer luck that Comcast hasn't started this with my area, yet. But I have a feeling they've been throttling me on the low lately. Dropping internet randomly in a "hiccup" way. A service call to tell me they're "evaluating" interference to my house.

To be fair, it's also a possibility that I'm tanking my own traffic because all I do is spam purple lady faces.

chat could you please spam purpleladysmug face?

Anyways. We got hit by this stupid terabyte data cap last year. Atlanta also got hit by this. No idea if this applies to other Cox subscribers. It really freaking sucks because I would use a ton of data.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Doom 2016
Dishonored 2
Just Cause 3
Mafia 3
Cities Skylines

Mafia 3/JC 3 would be my guesses

One of the most liberating moments came when I realized that I didn't have to be part of Water-Cooler Gaming moments. No matter how sublime they may be, if it's not in my wheelhouse, that's OKAY.

So as an online-phobic gamer in general that means I can appreciate from afar games like PUBG, Overwatch and Rocket League, MOBAs like LOL & DOTA, plus a whole host of genres I just don't care about (RTS, Character Action, Fighting, etc.)...but not feel compelled in the least to try them myself.

Heck, I don't even have time in my schedule as it is to enjoy all the Must See TV titles in genres I enjoy!

That's pretty much how I feel. I enjoy reading about these games and how everybody is having fun with them, but usually I have no interest in playing them.

Eventually, I get curious and try a multiplayer game, but in a very antisocial way. I played WoW for a few days to see what it was all about, but I played solo and just ignored everybody ^_^

I also played DOTA and HOTS for a few hours just out of curiosity (against the AI, of course). I'm interested in how these games work because they're huge, but they're definitely not for me.

kionedrik

Doom 2016
Dishonored 2
Just Cause 3
Mafia 3
Cities Skylines

Considering Divinity: OS2 comes out in September and the first game's high profile, maybe it makes sense to make it a highlight of the next monthly. Was it ever in a regular bundle?

The trick to playing more games is to never watch TV or movies

But... Orphan Black ends in 2 weeks... I need it!...

Lashley

This is me. I have zero interest in online games, but it's nice to see games like PUBG do so well.

It's also saved me a lot of money.

soundtest

Banned
IW had a solid campaign that peters out at the end but when i tried the MP i noped out of it real fast

they overdid it too much. I went back to titanfall 2 and felt good about myself

Mikurden

From the last thread (remember July? seems like it was only yesterday
today
):
what's the name of the game in which character upgrades came as tattooes?

i'm pretty sure planescape torment was like that but i think my head's thinking about something else?

Maybe GOKEN?

Aaron D.

Eventually, I get curious and try a multiplayer game, but in a very antisocial way. I played WoW for a few days to see what it was all about, but I played solo and just ignored everybody ^_^

Heh. That reminds me of the Forza titles on 360. The later mainline & Horizon titles introduced Online Leaderboard tracking, and I used to have a blast trying to shave milliseconds off of Lap Times from people on my Friends List.

I don't have social anxiety about Online Gaming, I think I'm just too hung up on playing on My Schedule, the way I Want To Play (i.e. I'll stop and sniff the roses whenever I want). Doesn't gel very well with community gameplay sessions. Guess I'm just an anti-social narcissist. :p

This is me. I have zero interest in online games, but it's nice to see games like PUBG do so well.

It's also saved me a lot of money.

Yup. I still track the highs and lows in genres I don't play.

It's really awesome to see PUBG's grass-roots success.

Hektor

Videogames August

2nd: Tacoma, Legends of Heroes: Cold Steel
8th: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Batman - Enemy within - Episode 1, Megaman Legacy Vol. 2
15th: Agents of Mayhem, Nidhogg 2, Observer, Sonic Mania, Night Trap - 25th Anniversary Edition
24th: Cook, Serve, Delicious 2
22th: (Console: Uncharted: Lost Legacy)
29th: Hello Neighbour, XCOM2 - War of the Chosen, Absolver (Console: Yakuza Kiwami, Mario x Rabbids)
31th: Life is Strange - Before the storm - Episode 1

And many more

Jawmuncher

Videogames August

2nd: Tacoma
8th: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Batman - Enemy within - Episode 1
15th: Agents of Mayhem, Nidhogg 2, Observer
24th: Cook, Serve, Delicious 2,
29th: Hello Neighbour, XCOM2 - War of the Chosen, Absolver (Console: Yakuza Kiwami, Mario x Rabbids)

And many more

Hellblade is the only title i'm really interested in this month.

MUnited83

For you.
They did try with Black OPs 3 with server browser and modding tools. The issue is that they took fucking ages to get those out. It's something it should have been there from launch, not after the interest on it is all gone.

Lashley

I'm interested in Uncharted & the XCOM 2 DLC this month

September is a great month for me too, FIFA & PES are out

e_i

Videogames August

2nd: Tacoma

And many more

Legends of Heroes: Cold Steel is coming on the 2nd.

Tizoc

Videogames August

And many more

Megaman Legacy Vol. 2 releases on the 8th
Sonic Mania releases on the 15th

AHA-Lambda

Videogames August

And many more

Forgot Night Trap and Sonic Mania on 15th, and Uncharted expandalone on PS4 on 22nd

Yeah I know you said "and many more" but I felt the need :p

August is surprisingly packed :-/

Hektor

Forgot Night Trap and Sonic Mania on 15th, and Uncharted expandalone on PS4 on 22nd

Yeah I know you said "and many more" but I felt the need :p

August is surprisingly packed :-/

With Uncharted i am very torn between shitposting "I willfully neglected it" and providing an actually complete list.

MaxiLive

Looking forward to Sonic Mania and also tempted to check out Agents of Mayhem depending on opinions. I'm not expecting much from the game but wouldn't mind an Saint's Row style explosion fest which it looks like it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 weeks until Darkwood finally comes out

84.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom