• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzoon

Banned
Well, a faithless heathen like me can be blessed by RNGesus. I got Despair and Hate today, now I'm debating on spending my last three catalysts on my in game Stalker cosplay (I won't, waiting on a Lenz in the oven).

Really digging my Glaive Prime now, I guess thrown melee weapons got a boost at some point? Or was it just Glaive Prime?

Did a bunch of Kuva Siphon missions today for the first time, the hitbox on those kuva clouds is wonderfully generous. Got my Octavia parts cooking away along with the Zarr (I love big cannons).

Well, a faithless heathen like me can be blessed by RNGesus. I got Despair and Hate today, now I'm debating on spending my last three catalysts on my in game Stalker cosplay (I won't, waiting on a Lenz in the oven).

Hate is good but it's hampered by the fact it's a scythe, those stances are pretty weak. Dread and War are the only two Stalker weapons I'd invest a catalyst in, but keep the Despair and Hate around for when you have catalysts to spare. They just straight up do not drop under normal conditions--I've gone months between seeing their BP drops while playing regularly.

Manzoon

Banned
Hate is good but it's hampered by the fact it's a scythe, those stances are pretty weak. Dread and War are the only two Stalker weapons I'd invest a catalyst in, but keep the Despair and Hate around for when you have catalysts to spare. They just straight up do not drop under normal conditions--I've gone months between seeing their BP drops while playing regularly.

At this point in the game they are just novelties for me, they were an impossible dream that never dropped until after hour 1000. I do want War though, here's to another 1000 hours before I see that. I had a dread already that I sold and then remade ages ago.

Told you.

Maybe its just RNGGod's time of the month :p

i will either have to keep them around after building and leveling them or wait until i get another bp.

At this point in the game they are just novelties for me, they were an impossible dream that never dropped until after hour 1000. I do want War though, here's to another 1000 hours before I see that. I had a dread already that I sold and then remade ages ago.

Kinda on the same boat re getting war.

Also no worries of remaking a dread given the amount of time it drops, hell you could eventually give Darvo a run for his money with the stock that would be accrued.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Almost missed a catalyst alert. Woulda been piiiiissed.

VandalD

I'm buying the Equinox tennogen skin as soon as it goes live, which should be this week. The only reason I don't use Equinox a lot is that she looks so bad. Unless they make it double the price because it's sort of two warframes of work. Technically three warframes. Then I'll have to think about it. I can understand why it took so long for even one person to do the work.

Also, Octavia's still wonderful. Just thought you all should know.

Manzoon

Banned
So I was doing runs for that Vandal Snipetron part a few minutes ago, and encountered a curious internet denizen that didn't exist when I was heavily playing MP games years ago, just non-stop shit posting in chat about 'thats a great meme' 'gotta do this for the memes' 'ember with firewalker, great meme'.

VandalD

Good news the equinox skin is live right now!

This is actually a pretty big update for Hydroid too.

So uh. This Tennogen...

Skin get! I'm very happy with this. Never liked how the colors split on Equinox, both sides being different colors. Made me stick to just black and white. This skin is much better. Helm is good too.

Also, Hydroid with his 1 augment can put in some good work combined with undertow now. I still don't like him very much due to the focus on going puddle form, and he's still pretty energy hungry, but he plays much better than before. I could understand people liking him now.

Finished second dream the other day... wow.

I am thoroughly addicted to this game.

if anyone is having problems getting through the star chart for any reason (At least up to Pluto, I'm not any further than that yet but it's still not a problem so far), I'd recommend getting at least one frame you like and investing a forma and a reactor in it. Max out your mods and then I would highly suggest trying out the atterax. You can buy the blueprint in the market. You will need two argon crystals but you probably have everything else and farming for them in the void is easy peasy and shouldn't take more than one or two runs depending on if you take your time.

Like me, you probably don't have a high tear mod set yet but even early mods should do. Set up your mods for slash/crit and throw on some toxin if you have the space. The most important one to have though is reach. Then learn how to slide attack. Then slide your way to victory through the star chart. I am consistently at the top of the scoreboard damage wise when playing with players of much higher rank than I, even ahead of ember players at times, which surprised me quite a bit.

And if you struggle solo then just sit and wait for another player to show up. I've never had to wait longer than a couple minutes so far even this far out which is something I thought would be a lot worse than it is.

Sadly, I haven't found a gun that I have absolutely fallen in love with yet except for maybe the boar :eek:, though I haven't used a potato on any of them atm because I am trying to save them for stuff I know I'll want to keep for sure and I don't have the highest tier mod collection yet. Though I am trying to burn through the lower tier weapons for my MR and am hoping to be at MR 8 soon so I can see what all this Lens biz is about.

I am thoroughly addicted to this game.

YQBhOqP.gif

Another note to self and everyone else: Beware of Frost's Globe with the Lenz lol.

I've come to hate Frost so much because of this. I was defending a point in the Nidus farm mission and a Frost put a bubble over my point, my ability to fire my lenz was gone, had to rely on melee.

I'd be happy never teaming with a Frost again.

I've come to hate Frost so much because of this. I was defending a point in the Nidus farm mission and a Frost put a bubble over my point, my ability to fire my lenz was gone, had to rely on melee.

Frost is something I enjoy playing and I will play around the globe with Lenz. I think one awesome gun shouldn't make you hate an entire frame.

Eh as much fun the Lenz is its not worth writing off Frost's argubly best ability, just get out of the globe and do your thing, once it starts getting sticky go back in to recover.

Freezing Frost is a nice alternative though.

Something something not all Frosts.

But it's why I only do a Stretch on my Frost builds.

Yea Frost freezing everything in his wake is a nice change of pace if you are used to a bunch of defensive Frosts

When you activate his 3 the freezing and knock back effect it has are pretty good but once up it mostly just a hinderance.

Enemies often run inside it meaning it's longer protecting the point (I think this is the case, correct me if I'm wrong). People also just often run to where the enemies are spawning from so the ability isn't even needed.

If you're gonna have a ground area ability I'd much rather have Oberon's 2 for the dmg, + armour and no status effects or Nidus' 4 for the health regen and the maggot dmg. Neither of those hinders me in any way.

Enemies often run inside it meaning it's longer protecting the point (I think this is the case, correct me if I'm wrong). People also just often run to where the enemies are spawning from so the ability isn't even needed.

If you're gonna have a ground area ability I'd much rather have Oberon's 2 for the dmg, + armour and no status effects or Nidus' 4 for the health regen and the maggot dmg. Neither of those hinders me in any way.

Enemies inside of the globe are slowed down to such a degree they're still basically doing nothing to the defense target. With just stretch Frost tends to be able to hit everything with a good melee swing.

Oberon's 2 leaves you open to gunfire from anyone outside of the range, and Nidus offers no protection once his maggots are occupied. Parasite is much more effective.

I'm a big fan of Chilling Globe for Frost.

The ice wave augment is excellent.

When you activate his 3 the freezing and knock back effect it has are pretty good but once up it mostly just a hinderance.

That's the point of the move though since its purely a defensive maneuver that hinders the enemies more than the players. Also you can shoot your weapon just fine while inside its just that explosive weapons will have some issues.

Once they get inside they are instantly slowed, which allows whoever to pick them off without much fuss, there is an augment that has a chance to make them completely frozen once they enter to make the job even easier.

People will run off because they can due to the globe being there to protect whatever objective, also you have some that finds staying inside a globe while easily picking off enemies to be boring so they don't

Compared to a massive defensive wall that hinders the enemies more than yourself? different strokes i guess *shrug* .

There are some users who make poor use of the move (having multiple globes next to each other *facepalm*) which invites a level of derision but its still a solid one.

The ice wave augment is excellent.

I remember a friend building around his 1 since he liked the aspect of quickly freezing/slowing down enemies. This might be a time before this augment though, i don't exactly remember

Question about the lenz. I'm looking to put some more mods on it. I have a fully maxed cryo round on it now which brings the cold dmg to 2040 while the blast dmg is 2046. When I put a 15% heat mod on it the cold dmg goes to 0 while the blast dmg goes to 4421 (when not ranked up).
That's more dmg overall but I'm wondering if I lose the slow due to there being no cold dmg?

I didn't take the slow effect inside into consideration but I still don't agree that the hindrance is a small one.

Manzoon

Banned
Question about the lenz. I'm looking to put some more mods on it. I have a fully maxed cryo round on it now which brings the cold dmg to 2040 while the blast dmg is 2046. When I put a 15% heat mod on it the cold dmg goes to 0 while the blast dmg goes to 4421 (when not ranked up).
That's more dmg overall but I'm wondering if I lose the slow due to there being no cold dmg?

The initial pulse guarantees an ice proc, so don't worry about not doing ice damage on the weapon. It's just an inherent special property of the weapon. Check out the wikia page on that and other weapons for a lot of weird detailed information.

I forma'd my Lenz 3 times.

Split Chamber
Serration
Heavy Caliber
Vital Sense
Point Strike
Malignant Force
Stormbringer
Wildfire

Something like that. I don't have my build in front of me at the moment.

Basically lots of blast and corrosive damage with a 125% crit chance and something like 4.4x damage for crits.

The initial pulse guarantees an ice proc, so don't worry about not doing ice damage on the weapon. It's just an inherent special property of the weapon. Check out the wikia page on that and other weapons for a lot of weird detailed information.

Alright, thanks. Definitely sounds worth putting heat dmg on it then.

PatzCU

So I've been slowly but surely progressing through Warframe for the past month or so and finally finished up the Second Dream. I'm starting to hit a serious wall on Neptune though. It's taking me a very long time to kill baddies and I don't feel like I have tools to keep up with the power creep.

Have I hit the point in Warframe where it gets grindy? Do I need to be using catalysts on my weapons, looking up builds and using forma? A lot of posted builds require mods that I don't have access to yet. Just curious how to best utilize my time in Warframe as I don't want to just be floundering around needlessly.

Manzoon

Banned
Just curious how to best utilize my time in Warframe as I don't want to just be floundering around needlessly.

What Mastery Rank are you?

I've sold quite a few guns for credits after catalysing them, even formaing them (the big one was when I smushed my akstilleto into an aksomati, that one hurt and I regretted not making a new one). You'll get more catalysts, but finding a good work horse weapon that you can catalyse will go a long way helping in the early game.

There were some weapon suggestions for someone who was mastery rank 5 a page or two back in this thread.

PatzCU

What Mastery Rank are you?

I've sold quite a few guns for credits after catalysing them, even formaing them (the big one was when I smushed my akstilleto into an aksomati, that one hurt and I regretted not making a new one). You'll get more catalysts, but finding a good work horse weapon that you can catalyse will go a long way helping in the early game.

There were some weapon suggestions for someone who was mastery rank 5 a page or two back in this thread.

I'll go looking for it. I'm currently rank 6 and I think Hek is my most efficient gun so far. I'll also try making some loadouts for different factions, etc. Thanks!

Manzoon

Banned
I'll go looking for it. I'm currently rank 6 and I think Hek is my most efficient gun so far. I'll also try making some loadouts for different factions, etc. Thanks!

The Hek is worth catalysing and a case can made for it versus the Vaykor Hek (thought I prefer the Vaykor Hek crit build).

The Vaykor Marelok is buildable for endgame stuff and is more than enough to handle all the regular planet content. It has huge recoil so your aim game has to be on point, basically a hand cannon and one of my favorite guns in the whole game. It's a Steel Meridian gun that you'd buy with Rep from that syndicate. I don't know what the going price is for them these days, but somewhere around 20-30 plat in trade seems about right.

I'd trade you one but my buddy has first dibs on weapon exchanges now :(

Yeah this is a lie
It was true at one point... Have they gotten stingier with catalysts? I've already got one reactor since I started playing last week and missed one catalysts alert.

ZugZug123

Jumped in with Frost Prime giveaway from Twitch. Turns out Frost is great for Solo and those defense quests :) Really liking the game, just unlocked Mars and joined a Syndicate. Dropped a bit of money on the game after getting a 20% off coupon from a daily login box to show support.

Yeah this is a lie

DE would usually give either it or a catalyst every Friday, have they stopped or lowered its frequency?

They would also give them in some of the weekend or whole week long events but we haven't had one on a while that i can recall (with at least 2 now tied to invasions)

VandalD

It's not every Friday. They put up an alert that coincides with the devstream, which is every other Friday. But it could be a reactor or a catalyst. Very rarely, they'll do both.

Just a friendly reminder that Trinity Prime will be vaulted soon! This will happen when Oberon leaves prime access.

Trinity Prime also released with the Kavasa Prime Collar, which is pretty much a permanent stat boost for all of your kubrows that nobody uses because they don't have vacuum and kavats are better anyway, as well as the Dual Kamas Prime, which is a decent weapon that IMO is outclassed by other dual swords, let alone other melee weapon types.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always wanted pistols that were good enough to use as a "main".

Lex Prime is nice but not gunslingy enough.

goblin

I always wanted pistols that were good enough to use as a "main".

Lex Prime is nice but not gunslingy enough.

Vaykor Marelok is A-OK and you spin it after ever shot, which is pretty gunslingy. Unless you meant dual pistols.

Unrelated: I got grouped up with a Hydroid for the first time since his most recent tweaks. Being able to shoot into his puddle is great, and tentacles are much more tolerable. He still doesn't seem all that fun to use, but I don't resent his presence in Defense anymore so that's better than nothing.

ViviOggi

It was true at one point... Have they gotten stingier with catalysts? I've already got one reactor since I started playing last week and missed one catalysts alert.

DE would usually give either it or a catalyst every Friday, have they stopped or lowered its frequency?

They would also give them in some of the weekend or whole week long events but we haven't had one on a while that i can recall (with at least 2 now tied to invasions)
Well the pace in relation to new gear you'd want to actually use is just really terrible... or maybe I've been fiending the game too much 👩*💻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom