• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

traveler
Not Wario
(06-16-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by noquarter

I slow play sometimes when I'm playing against a combo deck that has to do all of there bullshit to win. Won't concede, making them hit all of their triggers and don't play with a tempo, hoping they step away after I pass and get caught wasting time.

Fuck MTGO combo players, hope they get timed out.

This is a absolutely ridiculously poor attitude to have.
aidan
Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
(06-16-2017, 08:12 PM)

I slow play sometimes when I'm playing against a combo deck that has to do all of there bullshit to win. Won't concede, making them hit all of their triggers and don't play with a tempo, hoping they step away after I pass and get caught wasting time.

Fuck MTGO combo players, hope they get timed out.

I bet you're a blast at board game night.
Supast4r
(06-16-2017, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by aidan

I bet you're a blast at board game night.

He's that guy who inforces the pile shuffle rule while at an fmn.
Santiako
(06-16-2017, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by SigmasonicX

Live stream will be "later this evening"

They had the time up yesterday on the stream:

bigkrev
(06-16-2017, 08:15 PM)
Lol
Foreign Chanchelor of Annex revealed at the start of game, a judge uses a cellphone for the translation. Then a casual T1 Cavern, Mother, "choose not to pay@
Hero
(06-16-2017, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by bigkrev

Lol
Foreign Chanchelor of Annex revealed at the start of game, a judge uses a cellphone for the translation. Then a casual T1 Cavern, Mother, "choose not to pay@

That's hilarious!
noquarter
(06-16-2017, 08:20 PM)
Eh, it is really the only time I get upset at the game. Think it is that too many of them get the attitude that once they get the combo everyone should concede and I want them to show me they won't fuck it up.

Used to be fine with it until three or four people in a week asked me to concede as soon as they play the first card of the combo. Nope, show me you got it and know how it works.

Originally Posted by Supast4r

Actually the opposite of this and usually concede at FNM or help out my opponent. Just bugs me when online someone plays one card and says "GG?". No, show me.
Last edited by noquarter; 06-16-2017 at 08:22 PM.
"God's Beard!"
(06-16-2017, 08:23 PM)
If they didn't get James Gurney for Ixalan, I'm gonna be PISSED

Daedardus
(06-16-2017, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Angry Grimace

Is Maro going to be there to shout randomly

And probably flail his arms around everytime he shouts. It keeps surprising me how weird his voice is, it's one of the highest pitched male voices I've ever heard in my life.

What's the pile shuffle rule? I also don't get what's so wrong with pile shuffling the first time. You do it randomly and make uneven heaps, and then mash shuffle them randomly back together and then do a couple of mash shuffles after it.
ironmang
(06-16-2017, 08:26 PM)
Buddy of mine 9-2 in the GP with my D&T copy. Not sure how live he is for top 8 since he picked up a loss almost immediately yesterday but that'd be pretty sick if he got there.

Originally Posted by Daedardus

What's the pile shuffle rule? I also don't get what's so wrong with pile shuffling the first time. You do it randomly and make uneven heaps, and then mash shuffle them randomly back together and then do a couple of mash shuffles after it.

You're only supposed to do it once per individual game with the purpose mainly being to count your deck. I have actually called a couple opponents out on it at my LGS if they do it while we're running low on time. Hate picking up draws even when stakes are like 5 packs lol.
Last edited by ironmang; 06-16-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Santiako
(06-16-2017, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by ironmang

Buddy of mine 9-2 in the GP with my D&T copy. Not sure how live he is for top 8 since he picked up a loss almost immediately yesterday but that'd be pretty sick if he got there.

Are you playing? Your GP Top 8 was Legacy, right?
ironmang
(06-16-2017, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Santiako

Are you playing? Your GP Top 8 was Legacy, right?

I'm not. Just stream monstering from home lol. And ya mine was legacy about exactly 1 year ago.
SigmasonicX
(06-16-2017, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Santiako

They had the time up yesterday on the stream:

Thanks, updating the OP.
Angry Grimace
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
(06-16-2017, 08:39 PM)
I just opened a treasure chest from a league and got an Invocation Aggravated Assault.

It was worth 0.04 tickets.

I can see why they discontinued this shit.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(06-16-2017, 08:39 PM)

What's bad about this.
noquarter
(06-16-2017, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

What's bad about this.

FNM is supposed to be friendly, so they are implying that I am an asshole that tries to take the fun out of everything and only care about winning.
Infinite Stars
(06-16-2017, 08:42 PM)

Dudes like that are the worst.

I had a guy try and pull that on me at an FNM during BFZ, because I was "pile shuffling in a pattern". Nevermind that I was going like this

1 9 3 7 5
10 2 8 4 6

Followed by me scooping them up top to bottom left to right, then mash shuffling 4-5 times. I think he was just salty that my $70 Mono White Humans was beating his $600 4C Ramp because of the value of Consistency (12 One Drops, 12 2 Drops, 8 Three Drops, 4 4 Drops, and 3 flex spots).
noquarter
(06-16-2017, 08:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Infinite Stars

Dudes like that are the worst.

I had a guy try and pull that on me at an FNM during BFZ, because I was "pile shuffling in a pattern". Nevermind that I was going like this

1 9 3 7 5
10 2 8 4 6

Followed by me scooping them up top to bottom left to right, then mash shuffling 4-5 times. I think he was just salty that my $70 Mono White Humans was beating his $600 4C Ramp because of the value of Consistency (12 One Drops, 12 2 Drops, 8 Three Drops, 4 4 Drops, and 3 flex spots).

At the Baltimore Modern Classic the guy next to me called a judge saying that on of the other players sleeves was backwards, so he was marking the deck. The other player ended up telling the judge that the guy that originally called the judge was looking at the bottom of his deck to get information. They got into a five minute argument where the judges asked the players in either side for their story and ruled it nothing.

As soon as each player drew their seven cards, the guy called for a judge again. My match was over before they even started playing. And this was in round 9 at the middle of the field, miracle needed to get prize section.
Ashodin
(06-16-2017, 08:54 PM)
mmm new thread smell

Also Title sucks

Also Ixalan lol lol lol

Also the RW planeswalker is totally going to Ravnica. She's Boros through and through.
El Topo
(06-16-2017, 08:57 PM)
Paul Cheon is joining the Play Design team. Great choice by Wizards. Happy for him.
ironmang
(06-16-2017, 08:58 PM)
Buddy playing Reid Duke. Worst matchup of the common decks (D&T vs Elves) but we have a pretty decent board set up. Might be a backup match.

edit: he got rekt lol. top 8 dream dead :(
Last edited by ironmang; 06-16-2017 at 09:10 PM.
aidan
Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
(06-16-2017, 08:59 PM)
Can we skip Hour of Devastation and just go straight to Ixalan? I haven't been this excited for a set since Khans.
TheBlackMarvel
#STAYWOKE
(06-16-2017, 09:11 PM)

Can we skip Hour of Devastation and just go straight to Ixalan? I haven't been this excited for a set since Khans.

We are not skipping the Jacetice League getting wrecked. Lol.
robox
(06-16-2017, 09:31 PM)
i came in for the title

fuck jace
ThLunarian
(06-16-2017, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by SigmasonicX

Oh, and here's what the thread title is referring to.

I propose that the card image be the very first thing in the OP, even before the Hour of Devastation banner.

If not that, at least edit it in somewhere
SigmasonicX
(06-16-2017, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by ThLunarian

I propose that the card image be the very first thing in the OP, even before the Hour of Devastation banner.

If not that, at least edit it in somewhere

As you wish.
red13th
(06-16-2017, 09:38 PM)

agreed 100%, Ixalan looks amazing
Ashodin
(06-16-2017, 09:49 PM)
Ixalan Jace also looks like he has short hair too. Yesssss
OnPoint
(06-16-2017, 10:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Ashodin

Also the RW planeswalker is totally going to Ravnica. She's Boros through and through.

Do you have a reason for this, or is this just you being you?
Tunoku
(06-16-2017, 10:18 PM)
Back to OT, I'm scared.

Temur Luxa was OK today, I got smashed by an aggro deck and Marvel. I hoped people wouldn't play Marvel today, but nah. The Aether Hub thirst is too big.
Ashodin
(06-16-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by OnPoint

Do you have a reason for this, or is this just you being you?

I mean she's a Planeswalker. They walk planes.
OnPoint
(06-16-2017, 10:25 PM)

I mean she's a Planeswalker. They walk planes.

So you're just guessing she'll go to Ravnica because she can? Gotcha.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(06-16-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Tunoku

Back to OT, I'm scared.

Temur Luxa was OK today, I got smashed by an aggro deck and Marvel. I hoped people wouldn't play Marvel today, but nah. The Aether Hub thirst is too big.

don't have to be good when you get lucky like me. 3rd aether hub got.
Firemind
(06-16-2017, 10:57 PM)
Man Ravnica + RoR sealed is so much fun.
charlequin
Loving Husband. Caring Admin. Secret Octopus.
(06-16-2017, 11:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Firemind

As in one pack each of all six sets?
Santiako
(06-16-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by charlequin

As in one pack each of all six sets?

Yes! I got to play that in person at GP London and it was probably my favourite format ever.
Firemind
(06-16-2017, 11:16 PM)
Basically, you play 5c and every removal spell in your pool when given the opportunity because the fixing is so good.

I see people play way too many signets and cluestones though lol
charlequin
Loving Husband. Caring Admin. Secret Octopus.
(06-16-2017, 11:27 PM)
how can you play too many signets?!
Santiako
(06-16-2017, 11:27 PM)

Basically, you play 5c and every removal spell in your pool when given the opportunity because the fixing is so good.

I see people play way too many signets and cluestones though lol

I played an esper deck for a 4-0 and a box of boosters at the GP. It was awesome.
Firemind
(06-16-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by charlequin

how can you play too many signets?!

cuz karoo lands are better
Transhuman
(06-16-2017, 11:35 PM)
Karoo lands are better by the barest amount tho
siddx
Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
(06-16-2017, 11:36 PM)

Eh, it is really the only time I get upset at the game. Think it is that too many of them get the attitude that once they get the combo everyone should concede and I want them to show me they won't fuck it up.

Used to be fine with it until three or four people in a week asked me to concede as soon as they play the first card of the combo. Nope, show me you got it and know how it works.

Actually the opposite of this and usually concede at FNM or help out my opponent. Just bugs me when online someone plays one card and says "GG?". No, show me.

Yeah I don't know what the fuck other people are on about. I made the final four of a legacy tournament off a player who thought I should scoop when he started his high tide combo but when I refused, he tried to go through it he ended up fucking it up. If you are going to be a lame combo slut you better be able to show me you know how to pull it off. Because that's the only time a combo deck requires even a modicum of skill.
Ashodin
(06-16-2017, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by OnPoint

So you're just guessing she'll go to Ravnica because she can? Gotcha.

That and she likely wants to be part of something cool. Her armor is reminiscent of Boros plate.
Firemind
(06-16-2017, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Transhuman

Karoo lands are better by the barest amount tho

nah you get way more action cards when you play karoo lands. one game i drew four lands, two karoos and two basics and could play every six drop in my hand. can't beat that.
Ashodin
(06-16-2017, 11:38 PM)
I also don't like the snarky combo players that assume you'll concede.
OnPoint
(06-16-2017, 11:40 PM)
I'm excited to see just how quickly Bolas takes these clowns out. I hope it's an all-at-once situation where they all fall to their knees in pain.

As for combo, you definitely have to show me before I scoop.

That and she likely wants to be part of something cool. Her armor is reminiscent of Boros plate.

All this based on a picture? I mean you may end up being right, people get guesses correct some of the time, but I'd like to put it on record that you're literally making things up based on an image lol
blindrocket
(06-16-2017, 11:40 PM)
Imagine if Fatal Push were set as a rare instead of uncommon.

Wowzers

Could it be put into future Core Sets despite it having Revolt (a set specific mechanic)? It needs reprinted as much as it can...
Familienoberhauptvogel
(06-16-2017, 11:41 PM)

FNM is supposed to be friendly, so they are implying that I am an asshole that tries to take the fun out of everything and only care about winning.

yeah but there's still a promo on the line and I'm not gonna take a draw because someone counted their deck a bunch.
I told someone today that rearranging his lands is either pointless or not allowed.
OnPoint
(06-16-2017, 11:45 PM)

Originally Posted by blindrocket

Imagine if Fatal Push were set as a rare instead of uncommon.

Wowzers

Could it be put into future Core Sets despite it having Revolt (a set specific mechanic)? It needs reprinted as much as it can...

It's only uncommon. It couldn't be that...

... oh. It's the third most expensive card in the set.

Welp.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(06-16-2017, 11:45 PM)
september fnm is gonna be the worst.