• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ArchedThunder
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Hellwarden

Beerus looks thrilled for the tournament.

KITANOOOO! (ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ )
Kitano's art in the NEP actually looks better than usual, good to know that 8 allows him to make his art not totally terrible.
Zero-ELEC
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Sheroking

Nah.

Nah.

You're right.

Paikuuhan is also missing.

EDIT:
EPISODE IS OUT
Daisuki
Crunchyroll
J4g3r
(06-18-2017, 03:18 AM)
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(06-18-2017, 03:20 AM)

Originally Posted by RareFantasy64

I don't know what the solution is for solving power scaling issues so I know what you mean, but I'm all for the supporting Z fighters seeing improvements in strength and good screen time. Maybe they can find a way to satisfy all of that

Yeah, it's amazing that a narrative television series has made such likable characters out of a couple of guys who have basically been used as audience reaction shots to fights for Goku for the last 25 years.
Pankratous
(06-18-2017, 03:26 AM)
God damn it, 6 OTs and still not in top posters
The Silver
(06-18-2017, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by J4g3r

toriyama would've had there eyeballs popping out with blood and brains everywhere
Zero-ELEC
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Pankratous

God damn it, 6 OTs and still not in top posters

I got in once when Arched posted an extra long top posters list. Never again.
Bob Coffee
(06-18-2017, 03:32 AM)
Since when did freeza know hokuto no ken?
Omni
(06-18-2017, 03:33 AM)
Freeza is a badass

Also dat double K/O with him and Goku. Intense
Distresssss
(06-18-2017, 03:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Omni

Freeza is a badass

Also dat double K/O with him and Goku. Intense

What would Frieza say/feel if Goku used Kaioken? I have a feeling Goku didn't use it on purpose so if Frieza does go out of line he is able to surprise him and ring him out.
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 03:41 AM)
I'm guessing the only reason Goku couldn't get out of the destruction energy was that he hadn't transformed to Blue at the time, and he couldn't maintain the focus to do so while he was in it? I mean the ending suggested Blue was still at least on par with Golden Freiza
RocknRola
(06-18-2017, 03:42 AM)
Holy crap! Freeza is gonna the fire starter of whatever happens right after/during the Tournament isn't he? Calling it now, he's gonna recruit Frost ASAP and form some kind of plan to pit the actual GoDs against each other.

These two episodes did a whole lot of good to make him a badass villain once. One that's scary AND powerful. Loved this episode, as much as I'd love to see Buu be part of the team, Freeza is already more than worth it.

And I guess the "leaks" had a tiny bit of truth to them, he almost did change teams.
Fulminator
(06-18-2017, 03:42 AM)
yo that was an amazing fkn episode, easily the best looking episode of super so far

if goku and freeza are evenly matched, why couldn't goku get out of the destruction energy?
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Fulminator

yo that was an amazing fkn episode, easily the best looking episode of super so far

if goku and freeza are evenly matched, why couldn't goku get out of the destruction energy?

He was in base form the whole time, so presumably it might have been different if he had been transformed to Blue beforehand?
RocknRola
(06-18-2017, 03:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Fulminator

They're evenly matched when they're on their own boost forms: Golden and Blue.
Ashodin
(06-18-2017, 03:46 AM)
The best part? The leaks were not entirely false.
A Pretty Panda
fuckin' called it, man
(06-18-2017, 03:46 AM)
Buu finally got replaced

Chase17
(06-18-2017, 03:48 AM)
Frieza leveling up by imagining in hell is pretty funny.

I like that U9 is way more aphrenrsive about letting Frieza on their team than Goku was here lol.
Big One
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:49 AM)
Man Freeza is def gonna stir some shit in the tournament. Wonder what it's going to lead to. Probably to his ultimate demise from the Omni-king.
Chaotic-Strike
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:50 AM)
Freeza's going to try to become a God of Destruction for another universe isn't he?
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 03:50 AM)
So there's a guy in the preview who looks like he might be a yardratian
Zolo
(06-18-2017, 03:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaronrules380

So there's a guy in the preview who looks like he might be a yardratian

He is. He has the same clothes Goku wore when he got back from their planet. Pretty neat addition nobody really talked about.
RocknRola
(06-18-2017, 03:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Chase17

I like that U9 is way more aphrenrsive about letting Frieza on their team than Goku was here lol.

Black Goku was in front of us the whole damn time!

--

And yeah. "Oh, I just ignored the adorable creatures and got a power boost" ranks in very close with "sitting with a god for a whole day"; "you know, 17 years of poachers" AND "hey, real dad, train me for less than 48h to make me go from non-Ultimate to so Ultimate that I force SSB+Kaioken in a fight".
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Zolo

He is. He has the same clothes Goku wore when he got back from their planet. Pretty neat addition nobody really talked about.

speaking of which, really curious why nobody else ever tried to learn Instant transmission from Goku given it's probably one of the single most useful techniques in the series
Hellwarden
(06-18-2017, 03:53 AM)
You know, you gotta be careful watching this show...

...you might get lost in his eyes...
RareFantasy64
(06-18-2017, 03:53 AM)
That was an awesome episode. Frieza is a bad dude
Magwik
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:54 AM)
Freeza more evil here than in RoF
Kevinroc
So Freeza's not going to ask why Future Trunks isn't a part of the team? I thought that would have been amusing.
Big One
Banned

Originally Posted by Chaotic-Strike

Freeza's going to try to become a God of Destruction for another universe isn't he?

I could see that. Would be a way he can escape death I suppose.
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 03:55 AM)
What are the chances Freiza ends up completely erased by one of the gods by the time all is said and done?
AlimNassor
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:55 AM)
Jiren HYPE x 1000. He looks fucking pissed. U11 gunna stomp.
MetroidPrimeRib
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:56 AM)
Howcome Freeza looked far more terrifying in this episode then in all of RoF?

Shida is amazing too. I gotta pop in here just to give him props.
Maddness
(06-18-2017, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Chaotic-Strike

I called that last week! I hope it happens haha!
Skeeter49
(06-18-2017, 03:57 AM)
Half way through the episode. This is Frieza at his best.
Chaotic-Strike
Banned
(06-18-2017, 03:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaronrules380

What are the chances Freiza ends up completely erased by one of the gods by the time all is said and done?

It's totally dependent on whatever his plan is.

He's basically the Vegeta of the Namek arc right now.
Enthus
(06-18-2017, 04:00 AM)
Can anyone post a high-res screenshot of the new shot of the U7 team from the end of the episode? I only have free Crunchyroll access right now and I need that as a desktop background.
Malvingt2
(06-18-2017, 04:01 AM)

Yeah very funny and a joke at the same time.. I was like wut? oh well #17 stuff was stupid too so.
Magwik
Banned
Mental forfeiture makes sense to me at least.
\_(ツ)_/
Kagari
Crystal Bearer

Originally Posted by Malvingt2

Yeah very funny and a joke at the same time.. I was like wut? oh well #17 stuff was stupid too so.

Mental training is the new hotness.
Aaronrules380
(06-18-2017, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

I think it works if we assume all he powered up is his ki control, given that mental training feels like it would be the best way to strengthen that anyways. Full power Golden Freiza was stronger than SSJB in RoF, it just had awful ki efficiency since Frieza wasn't used to it
Enthus
They fixed Piccolo's turban being his skin color in Boogie Back. I don't see why they updated it with that and Frieza when it is about to be replaced, but whatever.
Epsilon-delta
Banned
Jiren is being hyped to be monstrous in the ToP.
Chase17
Buu is doing that mental training while he sleeps. He'll be ready to carry the team for the next tournament.

Excited to meet Jiren.
sleverfunk
Frieza is fucking terrifying.
You can't just take off your eyes off him because he might do something shady.
Solid Sora
(06-18-2017, 04:04 AM)
I can't believe how good Freeza is in this. He's nearly even better than his Namek iteration.

I thought Tate was supposed to be on this? Nothing in the episode felt like his work.
Omega Kirby
So is frieza stronger than goku or not?

He managed to get out of the orb of destruction but still drawed with goku in that one punch moment.

But still Frieza is someone you need to be constantly vigilant on, you just can't let your guard down around him.
Aaronrules380

Buu is doing that mental training while he sleeps. He'll be ready to carry the team for the next tournament.

Excited to meet Jiren.

I doubt Buu has the patience to do image training lol
Malvingt2
(06-18-2017, 04:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

Krillin and Gohan = redeemed?

I forget, that was a filler on the way to Namek?
Hellwarden
Dragon Ball Super Episode 95

Shitheel Supreme Kai-"Uhhh, you don't seem to understand, if your universe's team looses, your entire universe, your whole reality is gone. Surely there must be somethi-

Frieza-"I just wanna kill Goku. Just thinking about how I'm gonna kill Goku makes me stronger. That's how much I wanna kill Goku."

Bonus Jiren Hype.

NeonZ

Originally Posted by Omega Kirby

So is frieza stronger than goku or not?

He managed to get out of the orb of destruction but still drawed with goku in that one punch moment.

But still Frieza is someone you need to be constantly vigilant on, you just can't let your guard down around him.

Goku was in base when he was in the orb. He never turned into even a basic SSJ for some reason.