• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mammoth Jones
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:34 AM)
Mammoth Jones's Avatar
Justinreideddy
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:34 AM)
Justinreideddy's Avatar
Not sure what's worse, Delta or Ann Coulter.
massoluk
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:41 AM)
massoluk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Justinreideddy

Not sure what's worse, Delta or Ann Coulter.

One of them moved Ann Coulter to another seat on the same row so a family could sit together, the other took a photo of said family to shame them on twitter
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
(07-17-2017, 03:43 AM)
shintoki's Avatar
I would say, she has a valid point. Getting moved on a plane for your selected seat, now when they are even charging me to select seats is bullshit.

But it's also her, a lying hypocritical person who wants to see people suffer for her own shit and take this online. So move her ass again... next time to the middle.
manakel
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:46 AM)
manakel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

This is honestly one of the most accurate statements I've ever read in my life. PREACH!
DarkJediKnight
(07-17-2017, 03:47 AM)
DarkJediKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

*brofist* Can't say it better.
massoluk
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:47 AM)
massoluk's Avatar

Originally Posted by shintoki

I would say, she has a valid point. Getting moved on a plane for your selected seat, now when they are even charging me to select seats is bullshit.

But it's also her, a lying hypocritical person who wants to see people suffer for her own shit and take this online. So move her ass again... next time to the middle.

IT WAS THE SAME EXTRA LEG ROOM ROW
morningbus
Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
(07-17-2017, 03:47 AM)
morningbus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

So what was the "emergency?" I'll accept anything all the way down to "kid separated from parent" but what was it specifically?

Coulter is still despicable but I am curious about the particulars.

I'll accept anything down to "Delta felt Ann Coulter hadn't been inconvenienced in her day-to-day life enough."
Oblivion
Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
(07-17-2017, 03:50 AM)
Oblivion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Justinreideddy

Not sure what's worse, Delta or Ann Coulter.

I'm gonna go with the one that wishes minorities didn't exist.
evilromero
(07-17-2017, 03:57 AM)
evilromero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.

Nah. Right wing assholes often use terms that better describe themselves than the person their attempting to shame. If you want a good sample of easily-triggered ideologically fragile snowflakes, watch the Fox News.
rjinaz
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:59 AM)
rjinaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm gonna go with the one that wishes minorities didn't exist.

Oh come on, that's not fair.

They should just be taken away to a special place where she never has to see them again.
Freeza Under The Shower
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

US. Nobody outside the US has these type of "we want to be ISIS and love it" type 'discussions' and thinks it's genuine political discussion.

That's the other 7.2 billion people on the planet btw (versus 300-350 million in the US), just to clarify how absurd that claim is.
III-V
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:33 AM)
III-V's Avatar
she didn't even miss the plane? for shame, delta for shame.
YesThatGuy
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.

In Mexico, and Europe, at least France/Spain from my experience, the same term is used to refer to those who thrown tantrums when they don't get it their way. So, conservatives and populists.
Darkness
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:37 AM)
If they moved her and didn't have a good reason doesn't she have the right to be a little upset? I don't ever fly so maybe I am missing something here with how these things work.
massoluk
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:43 AM)
massoluk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkness

If they moved her and didn't have a good reason doesn't she have the right to be a little upset? I don't ever fly so maybe I am missing something here with how these things work.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ann...lta-2017-07-16

The airline’s offense? Moving her across the aisle — still in the row with extra leg room — apparently so a woman could sit with her family in the same row

Darkness
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by massoluk

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ann...lta-2017-07-16

Thx. This doesn't seem like something to complain about. 20 tweets ....damn.
SZips
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:49 AM)
SZips's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkness

Thx. This doesn't seem like something to complain about. 20 tweets ....damn.

Well, that's because you're a rational human being.
Verelios
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:50 AM)
Verelios's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

"unacceptable"?? What is Delta going to do about it? Whoever is running their twitter account is an idiot. It's really stupid to get in a twitter war over this.

Top kek

Yes, please tell me more about how her unprovoked attacks on Delta customers and employees are warranted. I'll wait.
mAcOdIn
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:50 AM)
mAcOdIn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkness

If they moved her and didn't have a good reason doesn't she have the right to be a little upset? I don't ever fly so maybe I am missing something here with how these things work.

Of course she has a right to be upset, that's the point, that she doesn't see how the people she berates and ridicules throughout her career also had that right. Because when it's not her her advice is obey authority or follow the norm once it affects her then she complains.

Frankly though her story's the most laughable of them all, any decent human being doing anything solo should be just fine moving so a family or group can be together if possible, especially if the accommodations are the same. Not like she was removed from the flight or downgraded to a lower service, this truly is snowflake territory here.
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:53 AM)
Dhx's Avatar
Let's set aside the irredeemable trash that is Ann Coulter for a moment for a debatable point.

The airline’s offense? Moving her across the aisle — still in the row with extra leg room — apparently so a woman could sit with her family in the same row

Yeah, no. That's bullshit. Ask the passenger if they'll kindly swap seats. Don't just move them without explanation. The flight attendant seems to have overstepped here. A grown woman can sit apart from her family for a flight. Or they can select a seat for a premium like everyone else.
ItWasMeantToBe19
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:54 AM)
ItWasMeantToBe19's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

Uh, Ann Coulter is a disgusting shitstain and I'm all for mocking her at any opportunity, but I'm not seeing the "meltdown" here? Two tweets that complain about a frustrating airline experience... not seeing it.

It was 32 tweets.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(07-17-2017, 05:41 AM)
Morrigan Stark's Avatar

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

It was 32 tweets.

Oh, wow lol
Prost
Member
(07-17-2017, 05:42 AM)
They need to move her next to the epic farter from the AA flight next time. Serves her right. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407018
danm999
Member
(07-17-2017, 05:46 AM)
danm999's Avatar
32 Tweets over a trivial and reasonable request. Sounds like Coulter.
theofficefan99
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 06:11 AM)
theofficefan99's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

I wish I could frame this on my wall or something.
reelbigtink
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:59 AM)
reelbigtink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Fav post of 2017 right here
AlexFlame116
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:14 AM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

It was 32 tweets.

Who has the time to make 32 tweets about this??? Can't you stick with one or two if you have to complain?
Pepboy
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:35 AM)
Pepboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(07-17-2017, 07:36 AM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar
Economy Plus? Damn, guess that "economic anxiety" is no joke.
Gentleman Jack
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:40 AM)
Gentleman Jack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pepboy

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.

It might suck to get generalized, but with even a little ideological diversity, sincerely acted upon, would have never gotten us 2016's election result. So enjoy your big smelly bucket, conservatives.
Agent Icebeezy
Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
(07-17-2017, 07:42 AM)
Agent Icebeezy's Avatar
I wonder if she expressed the same concern when Merrick Garland had his seat taken from him.
Pepboy
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:45 AM)
Pepboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack

It might suck to get generalized, but with even a little ideological diversity, sincerely acted upon, would have never gotten us 2016's election result. So enjoy your big smelly bucket, conservatives.

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.
NobleXenon
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:50 AM)
NobleXenon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pepboy

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.

I'll zoom in.

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship.

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

personally go through something.

Lothars
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:51 AM)
Lothars's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

Let's set aside the irredeemable trash that is Ann Coulter for a moment for a debatable point.



Yeah, no. That's bullshit. Ask the passenger if they'll kindly swap seats. Don't just move them without explanation. The flight attendant seems to have overstepped here. A grown woman can sit apart from her family for a flight. Or they can select a seat for a premium like everyone else.

there is no setting aside, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what delta did. She will get refunded and she got the same size of seat with extra leg room. Only bullshit is her
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:50 AM)
Dhx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lothars

there is no setting aside, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what delta did. She will get refunded and she got the same size of seat with extra leg room. Only bullshit is her

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?
mAcOdIn
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:02 AM)
mAcOdIn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

Unfortunately right. Mistakes, well inconveniences, happen all the time in the world I wouldn't want to be seated at a restaurant and then forced to move later and I wouldn't want the same to happen on a plane either. Now, that said I would move, if asked or told to because if there is a more efficient seating method that keeps everyone who wants to be together together then why the fuck not, but the proper method I think is to politely ask the person if they'd move and if not then tough luck but passengers shouldn't be moved around at other passengers' whims. Of course Delta was within their stated contractual rights with the customer and within their legal rights as well just, just as with the case with United just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Sadly, I don't think that Ann Coulter will learn from this and go on to extrapolate that if she shouldn't be moved a single seat that perhaps other paying customers shouldn't be forcibly removed from a flight. That's why people are making fun of her. Well that and how minor her inconvenience was in comparison to others.
Solideliquid
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:18 AM)
Solideliquid's Avatar
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...28096887848960

Looks like she is still on this, she just tweeted this in the last hour. She is still posting photos of this woman and her family. If the woman does not want her picture taken and/or posted on social media does she have some sort of recourse?

I just want to know in case Ann start ranting over me on a plane at some point in my life.

And this was 3 hours ago, where she is alleging that her ticket cost her $10,000...?

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...05217538396160
danm999
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:19 AM)
danm999's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

Personally I wouldn't care, would be happy to move and frankly would be embarrassed about turning them down because it'd be awkward sitting next to that person the rest of the flight.
Aaron
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:23 AM)
Aaron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pepboy

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.
Armaros
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:25 AM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pepboy

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.

You mean the echo chambers that say Obama is an Kenyan and a Muslim?

Or the ones that say the Russia Scandal is nothing?

Or the one about how Democrats are somehow obstructing, when Conservatives control all branches of government?

Which Trump Supporters should we debate and about what?
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:33 AM)
Dhx's Avatar

Originally Posted by danm999

Personally I wouldn't care, would be happy to move and frankly would be embarrassed about turning them down because it'd be awkward sitting next to that person the rest of the flight.

The contention is about not being asked. Most would move if asked nicely. In this case, the flight attendant would just move you and give little to no explanation with no option to decline. After all, it's in your contract. I don't think that would sit well with most.

Originally Posted by Aaron

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

I lean much more to the right than most here and at one point considered myself a conservative. I changed. But then again, I'm a rational human being that believes in science and objective evidence. Still.. it can happen.
Aaron
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:56 AM)
Aaron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

Of course I'd switch seats because I'm not a baby. Where I sit on an airplane doesn't make the slightest difference to me. Nor should it to anyone who isn't a thin skin covering over an enormous ego. Delta should try to sit families together because it will make a group of people happy to absolutely no loss of happiness to the people around them. People should be volunteering to do it without even needing to call on stewardices because it's an actual decent thing to do.
massoluk
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:58 AM)
massoluk's Avatar
And frankly, so far it is just Coulter's words against no one.
Did it happen how she said it?
the_darkness
Banned
(07-17-2017, 10:05 AM)

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Sure. But a twitter war that may alienate millions of people isn't a good idea, imo. Believe it or not, that lady has a lot of supporters.

Pretty sure Delta couldn't care less if they alienate a bunch of fuckwits.
MWS Natural
Blacks Anonymous
(07-17-2017, 10:06 AM)
MWS Natural's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

So much truth in one post.
danm999
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:07 AM)
danm999's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

The contention is about not being asked. Most would move if asked nicely. In this case, the flight attendant would just move you and give little to no explanation with no option to decline. After all, it's in your contract. I don't think that would sit well with most.

Who cares if you're not being downgraded.

Plus it's obviously why you're being moved; even Coulter figured it out so she could harass the family.
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:24 AM)
Dhx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aaron

Of course I'd switch seats because I'm not a baby. Where I sit on an airplane doesn't make the slightest difference to me. Nor should it to anyone who isn't a thin skin covering over an enormous ego. Delta should try to sit families together because it will make a group of people happy to absolutely no loss of happiness to the people around them. People should be volunteering to do it without even needing to call on stewardices because it's an actual decent thing to do.

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.

Originally Posted by danm999

Who cares if you're not being downgraded.

Plus it's obviously why you're being moved; even Coulter figured it out so she could harass the family.

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat. Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.
TesUsa
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:28 AM)
TesUsa's Avatar
Zombies don't have rights
She's lucky she wasn't just booted from the plane entirely
womfalcs3
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:29 AM)
womfalcs3's Avatar
Is she still dating JJ?

Thread Tools