• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Aaron
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:28 AM)
Aaron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.

But why would it make any difference to you at all? Why are you getting hung up on something that is completely trivial? Sure, they can stand to not sit next to each other for a single flight, but they would enjoy the flight more, and you're denying them that because you paid for number 14 instead of 18. Honestly, that's pretty shitty of you. Small petty acts (or inactions) like this make the world a more miserable place for everyone. At no cost of money or time to you, you could make the world a little better place, but won't because of how it's presented to you. This is why conservatives don't change. This egocentric pettiness means they only benefit others if they're somehow the center of the transaction. If they're not, they throw a tantrum. Like a baby Ann Coulter.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(07-17-2017, 10:29 AM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.



Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat. Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.

The plane will get everyone to the destination at the same time. I've never had a problem with being moved by an attendant.
Prime crotch
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:31 AM)
Prime crotch's Avatar
This all for a 30$ loss for a preferred seating, over a family situation, and according to normal procedures? She didn't even lose her flight x) And she has the gall to publicly meltdown over this pettiness?
Last edited by Prime crotch; 07-17-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(07-17-2017, 10:37 AM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prime crotch

This all for a 30$ loss for a preferred seating, over a family situation, and according to normal procedures? She didn't even lose her flight x) And she has the gall to publicly meltdown over this pettiness?

She was inconvenienced though, can't put an outrage limit on that.
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:58 AM)
Dhx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aaron

But why would it make any difference to you at all? Why are you getting hung up on something that is completely trivial? Sure, they can stand to not sit next to each other for a single flight, but they would enjoy the flight more, and you're denying them that because you paid for number 14 instead of 18. Honestly, that's pretty shitty of you. Small petty acts (or inactions) like this make the world a more miserable place for everyone. At no cost of money or time to you, you could make the world a little better place, but won't because of how it's presented to you. This is why conservatives don't change. This egocentric pettiness means they only benefit others if they're somehow the center of the transaction. If they're not, they throw a tantrum. Like a baby Ann Coulter.

Could you throw in another 4 or 5 logic leaps for effect? Make it clear that this is a parody post. I'm not hung up on anything other than having a discussion as to when an airline should forcibly move customers. But it seems you want to personalize this discussion. Did you miss the part where I said I would likely happily move? Take a step back and a deep breath.
Pepboy
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaron

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

Damn! How close minded can you get? Here's a bunch of such experiences. Took like 2 minutes of googling.

https://www.quora.com/What-made-you-...y-conservative
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(07-17-2017, 11:41 AM)
wetflame's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prime crotch

This all for a 30$ loss for a preferred seating, over a family situation, and according to normal procedures? She didn't even lose her flight x) And she has the gall to publicly meltdown over this pettiness?

You're missing the fact that the time she spent selecting that seat was worth $10,000. I'm not sure who it was worth that to, but she clearly had a hard time picking that seat.
Lé Blade Runner
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:55 AM)
Lé Blade Runner's Avatar
I hate blatant narcissism. This is a prime example of such behavior. I hope she is getting her due thanks to this story spreading.
Gaogaogao
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:58 AM)
Gaogaogao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

.
CyclopsRock
Member
(07-17-2017, 12:02 PM)
CyclopsRock's Avatar
Just because you like free markets doesn't mean you have to like every decision a private actor makes. Similarly being a communist doesn't mean you have to support every action of the state.
danm999
Member
(07-17-2017, 12:57 PM)
danm999's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dhx

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat.

I specifically said so long as you're not being downgraded.

Originally Posted by Dhx

Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.

Uh

Originally Posted by Dhx

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

It's the question you asked
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(07-17-2017, 01:19 PM)
Gattsu25's Avatar

Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

💯
gaugebozo
Member
(07-17-2017, 01:21 PM)
gaugebozo's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

The plane will get everyone to the destination at the same time. I've never had a problem with being moved by an attendant.

I'm not weighing in here, but this isn't true. There's at least a five to ten minute difference depending on where you sit.
smokeandmirrors
Member
(07-17-2017, 01:23 PM)
Couldn't have happened to a better person
JaggedSac
Member
(07-17-2017, 02:01 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by surrogate

A bit surprised she was even on an airplane. Was her broom being repaired?

I enjoyed this.
Gordon Shumway
Grass on the field
(07-17-2017, 02:18 PM)
Gordon Shumway's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals.

dancingqueen? 😏
Dhx
Member
(07-17-2017, 02:19 PM)
Dhx's Avatar

Originally Posted by danm999

I specifically said so long as you're not being downgraded.

Uh

It's the question you asked

You're right. It was a flippant late night response. I did ask you the question afterall and didn't notice the reply chain.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(07-17-2017, 06:01 PM)
Morrigan Stark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solideliquid

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...28096887848960

Looks like she is still on this, she just tweeted this in the last hour. She is still posting photos of this woman and her family. If the woman does not want her picture taken and/or posted on social media does she have some sort of recourse?

Yeahhhhhh holy shit I take back my initial post 100%. I thought it was just 2 tweets but it's 32 and now this?! That's a full-blown meltdown all right. What a deplorable shitstain.
JettDash
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:28 PM)
JettDash's Avatar
I hope someone at Delta knew who she was and gave her seat away to fuck with her. Amazing real life troll if so.

Just amazing how she blew up over a seat she paid $30 extra for. She's acting like she bought a first class ticket but they made her sit all the way in the back of the plane.

The bitch literally agreed that "seat assignments...are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Delta may ...change seat assignments...at any time" when she bought the ticket.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(07-17-2017, 06:32 PM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by womfalcs3

Is she still dating JJ?

Wood Man
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:34 PM)
Wood Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by surrogate

A bit surprised she was even on an airplane. Was her broom being repaired?

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
Alex_Mexico
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:36 PM)
Alex_Mexico's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aaron

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

Glenn Beck. I'm not a conservative or would I defend them but of course some people can change. Glenn Beck went as far as to appear with Sam Bee's show and ask for forgiveness for years of slander and bullshit. He's even against Trump!
Widdle Puppy
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:36 PM)
Widdle Puppy's Avatar
what's funny is that this could of literally been anyone else except maybe sean hannity and they would have sided with their hatred of big corporate airlines but it was ann coulter so people are on delta's side lmao. people hate her more than flying.
TheCochese
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:37 PM)
TheCochese's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aaron

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

Me.
excelsiorlef
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:48 PM)
excelsiorlef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alex_Mexico

Glenn Beck. I'm not a conservative or would I defend them but of course some people can change. Glenn Beck went as far as to appear with Sam Bee's show and ask for forgiveness for years of slander and bullshit. He's even against Trump!

Ha ha ha Glenn Beck hasn't changed... he still runs the bloody Blaze. He still is happy to have Gorsuchon the bench.
JettDash
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:53 PM)
JettDash's Avatar
I would have thought that being a right wing troll/author/speaker pays well enough to afford first class instead of a good seat in coach that you may not actually get.
Daffy Duck
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:55 PM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar
Who is she?

Never heard of her.
Moses Donut
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 07:12 PM)
Moses Donut's Avatar
Captain America's take on the situation

excelsiorlef
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:12 PM)
excelsiorlef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation

Godbless Chris Evans
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(07-17-2017, 07:13 PM)
MIMIC's Avatar
If I knew Ann Coulter was on my plane, I would immediately want off. The smell of sulfur makes me nauseous.
NandoGip
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:16 PM)
NandoGip's Avatar
I hate her, I'm glad something bad happened to her
Dai101
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:17 PM)
Dai101's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation

I fucking love Chris Evans.
Ryuelli
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:18 PM)
Ryuelli's Avatar
Don't really see what the problem is. Window > Aisle.
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(07-17-2017, 07:18 PM)
KHarvey16's Avatar
I'd also note Evans' use of the Oxford comma.
Ottaro
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:20 PM)
Ottaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation

Lmao this is so good.
Leondexter
(07-17-2017, 07:24 PM)
Leondexter's Avatar

Originally Posted by NandoGip

I hate her, I'm glad something bad happened to her

"Something bad" only in her own tiny mind. But yeah, I hope she has to go through a lot more similarly trying things in the future.
Psychoward
McLovin
(07-17-2017, 07:26 PM)
Psychoward's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation

doesn't sound like she's managing her money very well
AllGamer
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:27 PM)
Chris Evans is awesome :)
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(07-17-2017, 07:28 PM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

So in other words, you don't understand the context it being used by a liberal in situations like this. And also managed to throw out a hilariously nonsense statistic on top of it.

Good stuff.
chandoog
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:30 PM)
chandoog's Avatar

Originally Posted by jack_package_200



Damn

Took me a second to get it... but DAMN .. this is good lol

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation


the_firewithin
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:31 PM)
the_firewithin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moses Donut

Captain America's take on the situation

The snowflake at the end is a perfect touch
PopeReal
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:32 PM)
PopeReal's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

So in other words, you don't understand the context it being used by a liberal in situations like this. And also managed to throw out a hilariously nonsense statistic on top of it.

Good stuff.

Numbers don't mean much to Trump and the right. Just grab one out of thin air.
LiK
(07-17-2017, 07:32 PM)
LiK's Avatar
If this happened to anyone else, she would've told people to get over it. I loved how Delta Twitter actually replied and scolded her for her comments about the customers and staff.
Oblivion
Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
(07-17-2017, 09:18 PM)
Oblivion's Avatar

Originally Posted by CyclopsRock

Just because you like free markets doesn't mean you have to like every decision a private actor makes. Similarly being a communist doesn't mean you have to support every action of the state.

For the thousandth time, imagine if instead of Coulter making this complaint, it was any non-rightwinger. Do you seriously think Coulter would come to their defense?

This isn't that hard, people.
Jombie
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:22 PM)
Jombie's Avatar
Evans gives me hope for humanity.
Link
The Autumn Wind
(07-17-2017, 09:30 PM)
Link's Avatar
She should have bootstrapped harder to afford a first class seat, or even to charter her own plane. Then she could have avoided all of this trouble. Stay losing, Coulter.
neojubei
Will drop pants for Sony.
(07-17-2017, 09:49 PM)
neojubei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryuelli

Don't really see what the problem is. Window > Aisle.

I'd have to disagree with that.
Dan-o
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:08 PM)
Dan-o's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryuelli

Don't really see what the problem is. Window > Aisle.

Wait...
It wasn't even a middle seat that she was re-assigned to??
Lesath
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:10 PM)
Lesath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pepboy

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.

I want to understand, I really do, but then I remembered that they chose to throw basic decency towards women, racial and religious minorities, and the handicapped out window and stick it to those Wall St./Hollywood liberals by electing an old deranged pervert who promised to resurrect dying industries that even the free market doesn't want and drain the swamp by filling it to the brim with the absolute worst America has to offer.

Fuck them. The only people I feel sorry for are those who have to live with these morons.
Rookje
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:22 PM)
Rookje's Avatar
Whether you disagree with Coulter's politics or not, she's not in the wrong here.

TLDR:

- Coulter books special seat for $30
- Airlines gives it to someone else
- Coulter has a meltdown

Sure, maybe her meltdown is childish but if you pay for a premium seat, you should get that seat. They could of asked her nicely if she wouldn't mind sitting somewhere else because of some family reason, but they didn't.

Its like when I pre-pay for theater seats, show up and someone is sitting in them. I don't care if you're the queen of England, GTFO.

Thread Tools