• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Are we expecting new expansion to be announced this year?

BTW how was the Tomb of Sargeras raid (and the new dungeon)? I stopped playing legion shortly after completing Nighthold.

Tarazet

I honestly had no idea until today that little island underneath Dalaran is the fishing grind for Legion. And just like last time, there was a 25 man raid doing it through LFG. It was 6 solid hours of the following process: fish up the Mark of Aquaos, summon the water elemental, all of the ranged blows him to pieces, and fish under a rain of mana for about 3 minutes. Turn in if you get to 100 Drowned Mana.

Gets you an underwater shark mount, a tradeable Sting Ray Pup pet, a non-tradeable Trashy raccoon pet, and two toys that give you different bobbers - a murloc head and a rubber ducky.

cdyhybrid

BTW how was the Tomb of Sargeras raid (and the new dungeon)? I stopped playing legion shortly after completing Nighthold.

I wouldn't be surprised if they show something at Blizzcon. The Argus raid will likely be coming out around that time, which I believe is the final tier of Legion.

Corpekata

Banned
Grinding for nethershards so I can be allowed in mythic dungeons again is a real chore.

Just form your own groups?

If you're grinding nethershards you're outgearing all but +7 and higher keystones. They are meant more as a catch up for people that want to raid.

mclem

When were weekly quests changed in EU to end on Tuesday? I thought I still had today to complete timewalking stuff on some characters only to find out the event is gone.

It seems to have been a one-off quirk with just this timewalking - the calendar listed it as starting last Tuesday (and therefore ending on Monday), although it didn't. Something seems screwy with this one specifically.

Entropia

No One Remembers

1. Expansion will most likely be announced at BlizzCon

2. Tomb isn't open yet, actually. Currently rumored for June 20.

So the timing should work out pretty nicely that they will announce the next expansion at BlizzCon because around that time we'll be doing the Argus raid.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, where do I farm legendaries from? Raids are weekly, WBs are weekly, what else drops them? How do I get past ilevel 860?

You don't really 'farm' legendaries. You just do things and hope they drop.

Mythic Keystone dungeons, World Quest emissaries, Raid Finder wins, etc.

Corpekata

Banned
So, where do I farm legendaries from? Raids are weekly, WBs are weekly, what else drops them? How do I get past ilevel 860?

Pretty much everything gives credit toward them, however small. Since you are relatively new, focus on LFR, doing your daily emissaries, do all the broken shore turn-ins you can once you unlock it. Do heroic dungeons and then graduate to normal mythics. If you're looking to raid, start looking for a guild, probably want one running normal for now. Do invasions for the nethershards you can trade in.

I've even gotten legendaries from treasure chests (not sure if they give credit toward it, but they can drop from them).

Mythic Dungeons and keystone runes all drop 865+ gear. Mythic dungeons are once a week like raids but keystones don't cause a lockout (just need someone with the key) and so keystones are a good way to farm.

Fjordson

Do the world quest emissaries each day. I've gotten four legendaries from them.

Also be sure to do invasions for Nethershards. The relinquished tokens for 5K nethershards give you 880 gear and can titanforge up to 915 + drop legendaries. I got a nice 910 trinket for my DK last week from one.

hwHj0cn.jpg

mozz_shopkeep.gif

I love WQs. Am i the only one that feels that way? They/re fast and simple and I get good rewards. Jim gave me a Crystal but, it sucks so I sold it.

Pretty much everything gives credit toward them, however small. Since you are relatively new, focus on LFR, doing your daily emissaries, do all the broken shore turn-ins you can once you unlock it. Do heroic dungeons and then graduate to normal mythics. If you're looking to raid, start looking for a guild, probably want one running normal for now. Do invasions for the nethershards you can trade in.

I've even gotten legendaries from treasure chests (not sure if they give credit toward it, but they can drop from them).

Mythic Dungeons and keystone runes all drop 865+ gear. Mythic dungeons are once a week like raids but keystones don't cause a lockout (just need someone with the key) and so keystones are a good way to farm.

My guild is starting to do Mythics and regularly run Heroic NH. So I guess I'll go tag along next time they do NH.

Mupod

I love WQs. Am i the only one that feels that way? They/re fast and simple and I get good rewards. Jim gave me a Crystal but, it sucks so I sold it.

I've had a fervent hatred for dailies since halfway through the sunwell ones. I noped the hell out of MoP as soon as I saw how many it had, and I never did any in WoD. At least its mission board was self-sufficient.

World quests definitely were an improvement at first, and I happily went all in on them for a while. But now I don't even want to look at them, I grudgingly did a few to get some order resources and flying but haven't touched any since.

I do think that if they had existed in the early days of WoW I'd have loved them, but that was in a time where I just logged in to the game when I got home and lived there whether I had something to do or not.

I feel bad about corpse camping an Alliance Shaman just trying to quest in the Broken Shores. I would always appear right as he was fighting mobs and kill him.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Yes they are good. I hope they enable them for leveling at some point. All of those miscellaneous quests they always have along the way should be world quests and then the main storyline quests should be as normal. Cut the fat from the main storylines that way

They already kind of have it with those bonus XP missions that you find when leveling. There's like 2 per zone.

TheYanger

But, it was 860 ilevel and gave me less stats then my other trinkets.

It's 860 but it's much stronger than its ilevel would have you believe. You can do an item restoration if it'd be an upgrade (Very likely given your gear level, though maybe post your armory and could let you know). For a lot of classes it's almost as good as a 900 even at 860, for example. Certainly better than a vast majority of trinkets regardless of ilevel.

Tarazet

All the Arcanocrystal is, is stats. There are some classes that are super heavy weighted on main stat, and some that have one or two trinkets that far outperform anything else (they're nerfing Drought for Fury? Ya don't say).. but they're the exception.

Fjordson

I think they're one of the best additions Blizzard's ever made to the game tbh.

We're coming up on a year of Legion and I'm still doing them almost every day for the emissaries and artifact power. Just a nice, simple way to get you moving about out in the world. And I like that I still see other people flying around doing stuff in every zone because of them. It's a small thing, but it makes a difference to me.

Not that some people haven't gotten sick of them, I'm sure some out there have, but for me they're quick enough to where I don't mind still doing them.

They're good, a huge improvement on dailies at the very least. They're quick and breezy, get you out into the world, gear up new players quickly and yet don't feel overly neccessary. Being able to skip them without feeling guilty or like you've fallen behind on something is important. I'd be perfectly happy if they're a part of the next expansion.

We're coming up on a year of Legion and I'm still doing them almost every day for the emissaries and artifact power. Just a nice, simple way to get you moving about out in the world. And I like that I still see other people flying around doing stuff in every zone because of them. It's a small thing, but it makes a difference to me.

Not that some people haven't gotten sick of them, I'm sure some out there have, but for me they're quick enough to where I don't mind still doing them.

I think they're better than dailies but the rewards need to be updated.

Entropia

No One Remembers

What other trinkets do you have?
What item level are your other trinkets?

It is most certainly better than your other trinkets.

I know that may seem weird when you first look at it, but unfortunately that's the direction Blizzard has taken the game.

v1perz53

God damn this game sometimes. Got another legendary on my Guardian druid today, it is the useless helm that does nothing good. Which means that my new druid now has all of the legendaries my old druid had, minus the one BiS good one my old druid had. While all the other ones that both now have are either bad or situational at best. Honestly though, I'm more annoyed at getting a whole set of the same legendaries as my other druid than anything else, I'm actually totally fine with the ones I currently have, but I wouldn't have minded at least getting some new stuff to mess around with or try how it works, instead of all the same garbage I already have.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Raid Finder scrubs, you gotta wait 49 days to see Kil'Jaeden. Git gud or gtfo.
They could always look at the cinematic cutscene at YouTube. I expect that to be made available early, especially if Patch 7.2.5 will be deployed on live realms prior to June 20.

Rizzi

Damn, I am a giant idiot and got an 870 ilvl arcane relic and.. promptly put it in the wrong weapon having forgotten that I had swapped specs.

Agreed on all counts

Fjordson

And I like that they're flexible. Right now I'm only really interested in artifact power so I do the world quests with big AP rewards and I can safely ignore the others without falling behind in anything important.

But I can ramp that back up if I want. Last week I was close to another paragon chest for the Valarjar, so for two days I did the full suite of world quests that were available in Stormheim instead of just the AP ones.

Tarazet

I finally got around to working on alchemy a bit. Bought the recipe for Potion of Deadly Grace, went out on the sky golem and farmed herbs for about 2 hours. Did heroic Court of Stars to get the 2-star recipe. Made about 60 potions before I got the 3-star recipe then made another 5 stacks. This was supposed to be hard?

I finally got around to working on alchemy a bit. Bought the recipe for Potion of Deadly Grace, went out on the sky golem and farmed herbs for about 2 hours. Did heroic Court of Stars to get the 2-star recipe. Made about 60 potions before I got the 3-star recipe then made another 5 stacks. This was supposed to be hard?

I still don't have rank 3 flasks and I've been an alchemist since launch.

Top Bottom