• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Scratches

Neo Member
So I'm a support main not because I prefer to play that role but because I can't play anything else at this level, so when I decide to let others play support it's a pretty big deal for me. I can't play for shit, believe me.

JjaLMCD.jpg

Thresh asked me to switch roles and I went jungle. When he was tired of failing hook after hook, he decided to write "i hope you die" (because I didn't use my ult on a Vayne with black shield). Nice fella ;)

The team also blamed me, of course.

F0OuV5e.jpg

Kata didn't want ganks because he was a smurf. Syndra couldn't even use the ult right ('press R', right?). The game ended when both of them used everything trying to kill Lulu and she didn't even had to use her ult.

jG1FESX.jpg

What can you do when your ADC decides to split push all game long buying AP items? Laugh, I guess :')

bgyBBvr.jpg

I swapped roles again. I was doing fine but then I noticed botlane. Caitlyn died five times in less than ten minutes. He was inting, of course... yeah, right. of course he was inting :___

I'm so tired of wasting time on this fucking game.

Newt

So I'm a support main not because I prefer to play that role but because I can't play anything else at this level, so when I decide to let others play support it's a pretty big deal for me. I can't play for shit, believe me.
Do you play on NA?

If you do, add Lord Newt.

I'll show you true salt.

JulianImp

I've mostly given up on playing support except as a secondary or when playing with friends, since I feel like I'm learning a lot more when I'm the only one in a lane, so how I do depends solely on my 1v1 skills (plus sporadic ganks).

...But every now and then I get paired with a support that doesn't even buy sightstone and play so badly I almost wish I'd be the one in that role... almost.

I'm a EUW peasant :(

After my last two losses I think I'm ready to move on or at least leave the game for a few weeks.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be playing this shit again in two days ^-^'

As long as you're having fun. If I had games like that, I'd probably take a break, but I know I'd be back too haha.

Tizoc

EDIT: Cheking but is Guinsoo Kog still a thing?
Have either seen AP or Straight Crit AD Kog in the aram matches I played :X

well I'm glad I picked up Xayah. she really pours it on. S+ in game #3 with her.

we'll see how i feel about her when i get or to rank 5 though.

What has been your build on her?

What has been your build on her?

uhhhh I think i went

essence reaver -> rfc -> ie -> lifesteal -> lw

really feels like your window to kill her is about 4 seconds. if she's not dead by then, your team probably got wiped. not too dissimilar from champs like Twitch in that regard. her waveclear after you finish essence reaver and rfc is crazy. I finished my last match with about 360cs in 40 minutes and about a 50% kill participation.

feels good but i'll wait until I experience the "bad" matchups before forming a meaningful opinion. not having a built-in low cooldown escape and weak CC is a big deal for her just like it is for Ashe. I imagine that heroes like Blitz crush her in laning phase if the support can't provide a decent counterbalance.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Perxie keystone rune is concerning. Supports already have more active items to manage, and if it's something that is player controlled that just seems....obnoxious.

Joe Tung dropping them runes bombs

spoiler: they're free and fully editable in champ select.

So watching this fully

I don't feel the major keystones. They're going to get min/maxed almost immediately. Berserk, for example, will always want to be taken for ADCs. Except maybe Jhin, but that's because he's a unique case.

We'll have to see the options for them. The runes need to not be able to be min/maxed that, well, will ruin the customization of it.

edit: I like how they jacked Overwatch's/HotS mvp system essentially for honor. No really, I like it. Making it level based makes it...another progression bar? I Suppose? Of trying to do the best you can, so it might actually convince people to not be fucking pricks?

So watching this fully

I don't feel the major keystones. They're going to get min/maxed almost immediately. Berserk, for example, will always want to be taken for ADCs. Except maybe Jhin, but that's because he's a unique case.

We'll have to see the options for them. The runes need to not be able to be min/maxed that, well, will ruin the customization of it.

edit: I like how they jacked Overwatch's/HotS mvp system essentially for honor. No really, I like it. Making it level based makes it...another progression bar? I Suppose? Of trying to do the best you can, so it might actually convince people to not be fucking pricks?

If one of the goals is reinforcing and augmenting your playstyle, what's the issue with ADCs mostly taking Berserk?

Also you have only seen a fraction of the keystones yet. Maybe there's a more op choice for ADCs :)

If one of the goals is reinforcing and augmenting your playstyle, what's the issue with ADCs mostly taking Berserk?

Also you have only seen a fraction of the keystones yet. Maybe there's a more op choice for ADCs :)

This is what I'm hoping for. The reason why i want Berserk to not be min/maxed to the top, is because that ruins the point of customization. If you have 5 options for ADC, but the best one will always be Berserk because it will always provide the best value, then it ruins the point of the 4 other options as adcs will always go for the best stat buff. So having something like berserk is...toeing the line unlike the little pet companion or overheal.

And reposting on new post:
And voice chat...fuck that.

Having played Overwatch, especially ranked overwatch, voice chat causes toxicity faster than anything else. "Get in voice chat. wtf get in voice chat. Fine trolling. This guy doesn't want to get in voice chat." etc.

Nah. They should not implement voice chat. It won't work. Even if punishment is a thing, people are going to freak and rage over it.

Free runes, rune pages ditched and having some compensation for people that bought a lot of runes and pages? Yessss

Key fragments tied to honor? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can i get a summary? can't watch at work

are masteries still in?
Runes and masteries are one system, you basically only pick keystones now from my understanding, Runes have a Greater Rune that is like a super keystone, they showed a few: Berserk: After a few seconds attacking a champion you get a massive AS boost; Overheal: heals beyond your max HP work like BT passive and give you a shield and there's this Janna like pet that lets you give a shield to allies and deal bonus damage to enemies.

Runes are all free and pages are no longer a thing, can customize in lobby like masteries.

Quonny

Sounds and looks like you pick a Keystone first and then you pick runes to augment or compliment it. While you aren't limited by your Keystone choice, some runes go well with certain Keystones. There's no talent tree or anything, you just pick from certain choices available in that slot.

All the free key fragments drops will come through Honor, BUT the nuts and bolts of the system remain the same. You get your key fragments on semi-random drops just by playing games and not getting hit with penalties. It's a pretty low bar to clear. You will not need to Honor beg to get your key frags because holy shit that'd be obnoxious. Also, to be super clear, the number of free key fragments is not moving up or down with this change.
We gucci bois

Leezard

The Perxie keystone rune is concerning. Supports already have more active items to manage, and if it's something that is player controlled that just seems....obnoxious.

Rioters answered this on reddit, supports are not getting more actives through keystones/runes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...ged_and_honor_update_riot_pls_league/di8iqt7/

Will the new rune system (e.g., Perxie) require additional player input in-game (e.g., use of an additional key)? I'm slightly concerned with the additional complexity that could either hinder clarity (additional animations) or require more keybindings past QWERASDF and 1-8.

[–]RiotWrekz [score hidden] an hour ago
Regarding #3. We won't be adding extra button presses to control your runes. We have some effects that utilize active items, but that is as close to a new button press as we get. League has a extremely deep executional mastery already (see pro execution vs average players) and isn't hurting for more ways to reach that.

[–]DanielZKlein [score hidden] an hour ago
No new keys required! Keeping in mind that everything's still super WIP, Perxie currently works a lot like Lulu's passive: she goes to allies when you cast beneficial spells on allies and to enemies if you damage / cast offensive spells on enemies.

Doesn't seem like keystones/runes will add any new actives at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
You basically pick individual slots instead of a tree

semttulociudy.png
hmm that's kind of interesting

trees helped to gate keystones behind a lot of things that you might not want to get if you're not the right target for that keystone

like i'm not saying it'd be a great idea but getting something like grasp of the undying on idk anivia while keeping all your runes offensive would be possible now

i wonder how they'll balance that

also i guess they'll have to do a massive all around stat pass now that everyone is losing a ton of free stats

i guess this sounds good in theory but new runes sound like more keystones and that hasn't been the most solid of systems so can't really say if it'll be a positive change. it's a better direction for sure, at least, but probably not the one i'd personally take

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope they're not limited

if they are, costy pls save me one ez and one ahri pls pls

i'm good for it i just need to get out of a credit card situation atm

Now you know the pain I had listening to you all complaining and not being able to say shit

I have the patience of a fucking Saint

costy runes are the worst

~~~

Can you obtain clarification on keystone fragments? Will fragments earned through honor be from a separate pool of drops than those earned from just playing the game? Or will the same restriction(IE Key Fragments reset monthly, if you don't play in a while you earn them faster and then they slow down) apply for Honor?

Because if they don't share a pool and keys through honor are limitless, I can see a mass convergence of 'just honor everyone' take over and be abused.

Top Bottom