• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan pack Now Available! (For PC)

McLovin

I never got passed the first 45 minutes of the campaign.. I maybe played 3-4 hours mp. Good to see that I'll be getting some mileage out of this.

Nif

Neat, I grabbed UT3 on PC for $12 last week. It's nice to pick up and screw around in (mostly with bots :<).

Mark Rein talked about Home integration way back when the game was coming out.

I'm mildly surprised not to see Game Launching in the patch.

Swedomu

Banned
Bought the game 1 month ago for 9 euro. The online play was just terrible for me. First, it takes a good amount of practice to switch from COD 4 to this fast paced game and second there were like 15 servers up.

Ryn

Ooo, I'm excited.

Now only if people will actually play this game online so it's not the same chunk of like, 10 people every time I go online.

Or the schools internet connection decides to give me a break and let me play without lag. :| (PC)

M.J. Doja

Banned
well this looks dandy, but im still mad D2D has no record at all of me buying this game when it came out for full price @ release, it was a long time ago but still thats bullshit.

Hesemonni said:
What's this? Can I hear all five people still playing the game applauding?

somebody already did it better than you about 10 posts in.. give it up

Skenzin

Banned
[Bitter] 360 owners hosed again.

Epic fail for steroid bald space marines fighting aliens pushed on wrong platforms... [/bitter]

yes Im upset. I keep seeing this for $20 at walmart.

Guy Legend

Wow, this is awesome. Can't believe they are adding trophies to the PS3 version - but a smart move to revitalize interest.

Now I may have to pick this game up. It's already pretty damn cheap. I just wonder how many people are playing.

Norml

Some gifs I saved. The game is fun just needs people to play.

szbvia.gif

33ypeue.gif

2iw0ld5.gif

Nizz

This update sounds pretty cool! I traded in my copy on PS3 but I've seen it for $19.99 at stores. If the community picks up, I'll definitely pick it up again. It was fun playing with bots though, they were pretty good at the higher difficulties.

Man, I'm going to be upset if the XBox360 version doesn't get an update. I have the game on PS3 as well, but I play with all my pals on XBL. Does anyone even play the PS3 version? Epic don't forget about the XBox360, this game has a nice fan base and you can always find games on XBL.

Strike

Skenzin said:

Considering Epic is now known as "the studio the brought you Gears of War" I don't think there's much reason to complain. Unless if you don't like Gears of War, then I can see your point...

Guy Legend

Apharmd Battler said:
Man, I'm going to be upset if the XBox360 version doesn't get an update. I have the game on PS3 as well, but I play with all my pals on XBL. Does anyone even play the PS3 version? Epic don't forget about the XBox360, this game has a nice fan base and you can always find games on XBL.

Some of the stuff in this update is already in the XB360 version. The update's file size is also big enough where they aren't going to add the update to that version.

You already have the PS3 version so you'll be able to enjoy that. Tell your pals to join you...

____

Apharmd Battler said:

Eurogamer said:
The lack of an Xbox 360 version isn't a reaction to the poor sales on the platform, says Epic director, Steve Polge. It's partly because "a lot of the content is already on the 360 - 5 of the 16 maps, Achievements, and the split-screen," he says, but he continues with what feel like a more convincing reason. "And we couldn't do the mod browser, there's no structure for that on the 360. And the pack is larger than Microsoft's patch limit."

Pojo

Banned
Split-screen. Finally.

Trophies. Finally.

I guess it has enough features for me, a less-than-serious online gamer, to buy it. Glad to see the support from EPIC.

LaneDS

Echoing the PSN requests... release this at $30 or under ($20 seems the most reasonable) on there with these kind of updates and I imagine they'd move quite a few copies.

slider

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone ever gets eager to go online in a GAF-esque manner. Bought this on release and never really gave it a chance (damn you Warhawk).

Cheers.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Skenzin said:

Epic fail for steroid bald space marines fighting aliens pushed on wrong platforms... [/bitter]

yes Im upset. I keep seeing this for $20 at walmart.
Wait what? The 360 already have split screen and achievements. The PS3 version is playing catch up in this sense. Now, the only thing that the 360 is missing would be the new added modes, and those will come eventually. Chill.

FabCam

EPIC are EPIC!

It was just a couple of days ago when I was thinking "i should probably sell UT3". This patch is rad. Trophy support too is so rad. :D

godhandiscen said:
Wait what? The 360 already have split screen and achievements. The PS3 version is playing catch up in this sense. Now, the only thing that the 360 is missing would be the new added modes, and those will come eventually. Chill.

I'm not so sure about the new modes, but hey I'll take what I can get. I don't know if Epic still supports the X360 version or not. The last patch fix alot of issues and the voice chat 'cheat' but the NXE party system makes that a non-issue. I'm just an old school UT fan and can never get enough of this game. If I had a decent gaming PC I'd be playing t there as well. My preferred console is the X360, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I reallyl think if Epic had released this game sooner instead of holding out to se if MSFT would provide mod support really gimped the sales, this game had the potential to make some significant sales IMHO....but I'm digressing

But I thought I may have heard over the the Epic forums that they had stop support for the X360 platform, but I could be wrong. Anyway the game is dirt cheap on both X360 and PS3. I picked up the PS3 version pre-played for less than $20, and I bought the X360 version when it was finally released at launch and later picked up a 2nd copy for my other X360 for less than $20 during a holiday deal. This game needs more love, even if you get online and play with pals versus bots you're in for a good time. My pals and I have had some truly 'epic' Warfare games, and playing through the campaign 4P co-op never gets old (especially with NXE party chat). That Titan mode look hella fun!

Top Bottom