• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita FW 1.8. What changed?

Musiol

Can someone from Europe confirm, that trophies from Montezuma Blitz will sync correctly? I tried and got nothing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Only Japan has PSone games on the Vita store. US gets theirs tomorrow, EU on Wednesday.

Lol. Psone compatibility coming on 28th. What's that? Psone GAMES? Oh no you can't buy those yet

can't you transfer games you already bought? They aren't going to make you redownload new versions are they? i've had them cluttering up my XMB for months (please fix this Sony)

Edit:

Ah.

Bad news: memory cards are now definetly tied to a single account :( You are forced to format if you change the account or the card simply isn't recognized. If you have games bought on multiple accounts you now have to do backups or own multiple cards.

What if you have region free stuff like Netflix from the US store on a UK account card? Hope that doesn't mess anything up

Fuck yes. Now I can finally play Daxter.

I have been playing Daxter on and off anyway but this will make it a lot nicer to control. In fact I tried it quickly this morning and its a great addition. Along with adding start and select to the touch screen as well.

Really nice additions.

Could somebody point me in the direction of a post or article or whatever that lays out the process of transfering PSOne games onto the Vita please?

Spaulding

Could somebody point me in the direction of a post or article or whatever that lays out the process of transfering PSOne games onto the Vita please?

Just download a game using the store on the PS3. After downloading you'll find a bubble containing the game on the XMB under "Game". Press triangle and choose copy.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Optimized notifications (more compact ones), ability to set hot corners on the touch screen, small browser improvements (the scroll the top button is very useful, like tapping the top of the screen on iOS is when using Safari Mobile), navigate the UI with the DPad and the buttons, more accurate Near system, ability to send crash reports (very useful), the system now being able to apparently stay connected to PSN and not force you to log back in every time you go to the Store, to the trophies, to send messages, etc...

Lots of great stealth and acknowledged updates :).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That's actually something you could do on day one, chief. We're hoping that there's push-notifications now so people actually know that they got commented.

Apparently they do get push notifications now, so this feature should be much more accessible and discoverable!

Just download a game using the store on the PS3. After downloading you'll find a bubble containing the game on the XMB under "Game". Press triangle and choose copy.

I've got a bunch of PSOne classics downloaded already from the store, but can find no way to access them on the Vita using Content Manager. Do I have to delete and re-download them again?

Diebuster

I've got a bunch of PSOne classics downloaded already from the store, but can find no way to access them on the Vita using Content Manager. Do I have to delete and re-download them again?

Did you install them already? If they're installed on the PS3, they won't transfer. They have to be in bubbles on the XMB.

If they still don't show up in content manager, they're incompatible.

Did you install them already? If they're installed on the PS3, they won't transfer. They have to be in bubbles on the XMB.

If they still don't show up in content manager, they're incompatible.

Ahhh, that's what it is - they have to be in bubble form. So whatever I want to play on the Vita, I have to download all over again... swell! Thanks for your help.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Some of these updates are great, especially the notifications for activity comments which finally gives us a twitter like social network, now if only Sony would expand it a bit more.

Yoshida totally listened to me, lol.
zSij7.png

Spaulding

Ahhh, that's what it is - they have to be in bubble form. So whatever I want to play on the Vita, I have to download all over again... swell! Thanks for your help.

Yes, Sony changed that some time ago. Before that it didn't matter whether the game was installed or not. Same with minis :-(

Perkel

Banned
I can confirm that internet browser got mayor stability patch and few less important features.

Most of sites now with Java or without it load lightning fast.
Neogaf mobile don't freeze when you try to comment and you are typing long message.

Very good update.

Now give me option to not switch Vita after xx minutes.

Perkel

Banned
In near you can actually know what games on vita your friends have. It comes with games rating. If someone will heart it then you can see their personal score.

Neat.

Edit:

- They updated message system. Not only with new message button but also sending now is fluid (without this ugly waiting box.)
- They updated letter typing. special letters like }{|">?> have scroller at left side.

This update looks like 2.4 for PS3. Ton of good features and updates. And now near actually is worthwile with friends notifications.

Oni Jazar

Browser still has a pathetic 58 out of 500 in the HTML 5 test. :( I thought that was one of the big issues Yoshida wanted to fix?

Perkel

Banned
Browser still has a pathetic 58 out of 500 in the HTML 5 test. :( I thought that was one of the big issues Yoshida wanted to fix?

Still it's like 2-3 times faster than it used to. I think in most sites works more like normal browser not like slow crappy. I can log in, post on RPS in less than 10 seconds now. Before update this would take like 5-10 minutes.

Chris_C

Being able to map the L and R buttons to the right stick for psp titles is a godsend. There's no reason not to pick up Daxter and Vice City Stories now.

How does this help Vice City Stories though? The camera in that is mapped to L+Right Stick by default. Is there a way to change this to something more manageable on Vita?

Perkel

Banned
Love the smaller notifications. I swear they were supposed to be in the last update but they were always the same size for me.

notifications are more fluid and smaller, and when you click on them they are actually bigger than it used to. That's a great improvement.

I think most valuable improvement beside PS1 games are PSN improvements. It just works way faster now. It stays logged for a longer time now.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I can confirm that internet browser got mayor stability patch and few less important features.

Most of sites now with Java or without it load lightning fast.
Neogaf mobile don't freeze when you try to comment and you are typing long message.

Very good update.

Now give me option to not switch Vita after xx minutes.

Awesome, no ugly waiting box for messages and a much improved web browser... other great stealth fixes :)!

Eusis

Is this for real? Because that should make navigating persona 3's dungeons less of a chore.
Just confirmed it. You can also map it to left/right or up/down alone, or even Start/Select. I guess that's if you have no better ideas and hate the buttons THAT MUCH you'd use an analog stick enough, which actually makes an unreal amount of sense, and the Left/Right thing actually seems really useful for Monster Hunter given how vertical camera controls work in that.

Perkel

Banned
Just confirmed it. You can also map it to left/right or up/down alone, or even Start/Select. I guess that's if you have no better ideas and hate the buttons THAT MUCH you'd use an analog stick enough, which actually makes an unreal amount of sense, and the Left/Right thing actually seems really useful for Monster Hunter given how vertical camera controls work in that.

You can now add only left/right to mh without vertical ?

That's absolutely amazing update then.

Looks like the mapping settings for PSP games are still system wide, I would have liked individually saved settings like the PS1 game settings back on the PSP...

For some reason I now cannot connect to my network at work. :(

I used to have to load up the browser, and it would then ask me I want to load the "certificate" which I would then sign into, and I was online.

Now it just attempts to load a web page, but never asks me about the certificate. It then gives me a message saying it cannot connect to the network.

Top Bottom