• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
To be honest, I hope they don't get it because the anime is a bad introduction to the series. Season 1 especially but season 2 included.

I am very bitter.

cntr

Banned
He has some unique opinions regarding the MHA anime.
Pfft, if you need proof, look at the reaction to Deku's character in the manga and in the anime.
Even people who like him in the anime call him a "crybaby", far more than at the equivalent point in the manga, 'cause they screwed that arc up.

Moaradin

Pfft, if you need proof, look at the reaction to Deku's character in the manga and in the anime.
Even people who like him in the anime call him a "crybaby", far more than at the equivalent point in the manga, 'cause they screwed that arc up.

Are you trying to say that they somehow messed up Deku's character in the anime? Lol, manga readers were calling him a crybaby early on too.

cntr

Banned
Are you trying to say that they somehow messed up Deku's character in the anime? Lol, manga readers were calling him a crybaby early on too.
Not to the same degree. A lot of the stuff he did blunted those opinions pretty early. (Edit: Though tbh, a lot of that is anime fans being a lot worse opinion-wise.)

It's a consequence of how much more exaggerated the characters are, and how slower paced the anime is, it makes the characters lose a lot of their groundedness, and screws up the pacing of their arcs. It's like they're prioritizing action over characterization. It's still enjoyable and has really good animation, but the manga's a lot better as an overall story and has a much wider appeal, and it annoys me a lot that people argue otherwise.

Like, remember that conversation we had about how FMA Brotherhood doesn't work as well as the manga because they didn't handle the the comedy and tone changes right? It's something like that.

Moaradin

Those opinions on Deku are turning around in the anime as well, just as it did in the manga. The anime might have had pacing issues in S1, but it's way better in S2 and in a pretty good place now.

Guess I'll just agree to disagree.

cntr

Banned
To be honest, that's a problem in pretty much any anime adaptation. One-Punch Man is the only recent example I can think of that's a proper adaptation made for animation, Mob's probably also going to be that. Most other adaptations treat the manga as the storyboard instead, MHA included, which is a bad thing.

I'm just especially annoyed at MHA's anime because, well, they clearly had the budget and time to do it right, but didn't, and made a bunch of deliberate adaptation decisions I don't like. And people go off about how it's better than the manga when it's plainly not.

...though honestly 90% of it is how everybody turned into pushy assholes about it. That was just depressing. I'm still in an awful mood about it, haha.

The mha anime has been damn near on point minus s1 pacing issues. The only issue with "deku being a cry baby" being more of a complaint in the anime is that deku's monologues while being teary eyed now have to be voiced as opposed to being 1-2 panels so they last longer and leave more of an impact. There's not much the anime could have done without changing deku's character arc 🙃

cntr

Banned
That's only an issue if they adapt the dialogue and panelling directly from the manga. With the budget and time they had, why did they do it like that? And then do other things that mess it up and make it worse?

Moaradin

Regardless, the MHA anime would be pretty well regarded in this thread and it's by far one of the better things Toonami could pick up right now.

cntr

Banned
Regardless, the MHA anime would be pretty well regarded in this thread and it's by far one of the better things Toonami could pick up right now.
Probably, yeah. I'm just hoping they take a while so I can forget all that bitter crap and get over it.

Everyone loves Mineta.

Everyone.

If someone says they don't, send them Mineta fanart till they realize their mistake.

dmaFmyC.jpg

The thing I appreciate about this is that they are clearly portraying Kurapika's rage as reckless/childish and not awesome and cool

He tried to straight up rush half a dozen guys all as strong as a guy he barely beat one on one, including their boss, who tanked the signature attacks of two of the most powerful characters in the whole series when he was barely trying.

The plan was not smart, no matter what nen hax he has.

zulux21

you know what i want on toonami? Ruroni Kenshin

only if they decide to brotherhood it in japan first.

would love a filler free version of kenshin with decent voices in english or japanese.

as it stands we have a show with a garbage second half and terrible voice overs in both english and japanese.

Moaradin

Rurouni Kenshin not getting a Brotherhood treatment yet is probably the most baffling one. Unlike most unfinished anime, Kenshin is still somewhat relevant. It had live action movies not that long ago, and isn't the manga actually coming back?

zulux21

Rurouni Kenshin not getting a Brotherhood treatment yet is probably the most baffling one. Unlike most unfinished anime, Kenshin is still somewhat relevant. It had live action movies not that long ago, and isn't the manga actually coming back?

I think it is supposed to be getting a sequel series focused on yahiko.

Shueisha too busy milking that Dragonball and One Piece cow to care. :p

Mizerman

Same. I mean, RK is still pretty popular and I don't think it'll be a waste to get an updated version.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They did another version of the Kyoto arc, but they've still never even touched Jinchuu. Even in the live action movies they avoided doing it.

I think they're planning a Yahiko manga, basically a Kenshin sequel. It's been a while since I've heard any news about it though.

Same. I mean, RK is still pretty popular and I don't think it'll be a waste to get an updated version.

It'd make sense for them to do the final arc when the Yahiko manga hits, but that might not be in the cards for whatever reason.

If I could ask the writer of the series one thing it'd be why no one's touched Jinchuu.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The only season worth watching is the Kyoto arc season. That's it. The rest is either filler or just not that good. You do the character intro stuff, Oniwaban group arc and then go straight to the Kyoto arc.

Some of the early filler is interesting, but yea outside the cannon stuff there isn't much point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom