• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you be a pet to advanced aliens?

Razorback

What happens to me if I don't accept?

That matters a lot because if they just let me go free then why would I willingly want to be their pet? And if the alternative to not being their pet is death then of course I'd rather be their pet.

M3d10n

What happens to me if I don't accept?

That matters a lot because if they just let me go free then why would I willingly want to be their pet? And if the alternative to not being their pet is death then of course I'd rather be their pet.

You're assuming you'd be able to understand you were a pet at all.

How do they treat their pets? Can I just go out whenever and do whatever I want, but just crash at their place?

Because I don't want to get locked up for a few lightyears somewhere when they are on their interstellar adventures.

My dog got up this morning, went for a shit, and then had her brekkie and curled up on the couch and fell asleep again. If the aliens allowed me to live a similar lifestyle I'd be pretty content.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Humans have intelligence and free will you can't compare us to dogs/cats who only care about food and shelter.
We probably don't have free will, a dog probably also believes it's deciding things, just with less abstraction.

A sufficiently advanced alien that cares for the welfare of their pet would provide a pet human far more than a human provides a pet animal. Also we could better communicate our needs to our owner than a dog or cat can.

Being the pet of a sufficiently advanced race might look exactly like what you're doing right now.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
As long as I get regular check ups at the space-vet, get taken for daily space-walks, and visits to the off leash space-park... Sure

And maybe in a year they get another pet for me to play with while they're out at space-work.

Machine

...and be chained up in the yard of a space trailer park by some alien redneck? I don't think so. It would be probably be a lonely existence with nothing better to do than chase intergalactic mail carriers and five-legged Mormons.

Biske

If there are aliens capable of reaching this planet, they may look at us the same way we do dogs.

But my dog has a very awesome life. He's fed twice a day and the only thing he has to do is cuddle with us. Seems like a pretty sweet life.

If aliens take over the planet, would you be willing to be their pets? I think I might.

If I get food and love and they give me toys to play with, reading, movies, video games, etc.

Fuck yeah.

Fuck working, its for suckers.

No

o18UVvT.jpg

Capra

Only if they're as incomprehensible to me as we are to our pets. I mean like Cthulhu levels of incomprehensible - massive, possessing untold intellect and capable of forms of communication humans literally couldn't even dream of... But benevolent, of course.

If it's just like some blue rubber-forehead dude or an Engineer, no chance. Comes a bit too close to slavery for my liking.

13ruce

Banned
If i never have to work and they finance all my needs and get me a other hot space species partner well why not.

Top Bottom