• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonny Landham has died aged 76

Carbonox

xoWdDqO.jpg

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/sonny-landham-dies-dead-predator-1202533278/

Actor Sonny Landham, who appeared in “Predator” and “48 Hrs,” died from congestive heart failure Thursday in Lexington, Ky. He was 76.

:(

strafer

Billy: I'm scared Poncho.
Poncho: Bullshit. You ain't afraid of no man.
Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

Camwi

Not to make another milkshake duck for you guys, but..

On June 25, 2008, Landham announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Mitch McConnell on the Libertarian line.[9] The same day Landham was accused of calling for genocide against Arabs (whom Landham referred to as "camel dung shovelers," "camel jockeys," and "rag-heads") for his comments on the political radio show The Weekly Filibuster.[10] Three days later, on June 28, the Kentucky Libertarians voted unanimously to withdraw Landham's nomination, citing his comments were not in keeping with the party's platform and values.

According to his wiki page.

The rest of the cast in Predator was scared of this guy, they actually believed him to be crazy af.

Fox refused to hire Sonny because he was considered un-insurable. An agreement was reached so that a bodyguard followed him 24/7 for everyone else's safety.

Ekai

The rest of the cast in Predator was scared of this guy, they actually believed him to be crazy af.

From my understanding, he was pretty far right-wing and made threatening statements to at least one of his wives many a time. Dude sounded unhinged so I'm not surprised to hear about the bodyguards assigned to him to protect other people either.

Rest regardless, as it seems he died homeless and lost both his legs last year but....dude had issues. Clearly he needed help.

Rest in Peace, Billy.

Predator is my favourite 80s action film, and Sonny's character is probably my favourite. I'm passed due for a watch.

>:)

Still bums me out that he was the only one who was unfortunate enough to get an off screen death in Predator.

RIP

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Still bums me out that he was the only one who was unfortunate enough to get an off screen death in Predator.

RIP

Yeah, I always wished they would have shown his death to the Predator. Felt like his character needed that finality to it's arc.

RIP Sonny, thanks for helping to make Predator the great movie that it is.

Top Bottom