• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Sooooooo, eh, hey Frankie...

beta? Pretty please? YEA? No? No, no ok then...

I'd rather they didn't have a beta and instead focused their resources on shipping a solid product.

Remember when Zealot shipped and people would just get +1 kill and then lift up into space because they could camp there the entire game? That was hilarious!

Lost In Translation is one of the best movies of all time.
Good man.

The only sinking ship I care about is the Halo franchise.
I'm gonna kill someone if MC pulls off the helmet to reveal that he's DiCaprio (most likely myself).

I hope Bungie learned their lesson with Reach: Stupid Space Shit needs to be eliminated from multiplayer or at the very least be included in a beta testing so we can all yell at them for being stupid.

I'd rather they didn't have a beta and instead focused their resources on shipping a solid product.

Remember when Zealot shipped and people would just get +1 kill and then lift up into space because they could camp there the entire game? That was hilarious!

It's not like betas are a waste of time. They provide some valuable information and feedback that goes towards making the game that much better.

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
4mBeO.png

7ViGl.gif

i need to stop drinking water when viewing this thread lol, almost spit water all over my monitor...343 guys are so cruel :(

ElRenoRaven

Good god first time playing in months now and I have forgotten how to play. Figured what the hell Might as well get in one last month of gameplay on live before I go silver for good. lol

Needless to say I was so sucking ass. I still maintain that I like the gameplay. Granted I was playing Anniversary team slayer but still I love the game. Now off to play some campaign. Think I'm going to play the entire series. Been awhile since I've done that too. lol

We desperately need something new to look at. :lol

Well, until then I guess we can repost some of the purtty pictures

I really love what they did with the visor, it looks shiny and the texture looks sharp rather than flat. I would eventually love to see real time reflections in the visor, but until then this will do.. Still, it would be cool if the visor reflected muzzle fire/explosions/etc.

Tawpgun

I really love what they did with the visor, it looks shiny and the texture looks sharp rather than flat. I would eventually love to see real time reflections in the visor, but until then this will do.. Still, it would be cool if the visor reflected muzzle fire/explosions/etc.

I still think all the fancy detail they added to the chiefs helmet especially makes it seem less iconic. I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to it. It's just hard going from.

char-models.jpg

and

1523568182_c351b7eb9b.jpg

to

Sorta miss the sleekness of it.

halo-3-legendary-edition-20070307043453785-000.jpg

Eh, the Green Line in DC goes to some places you'd rather not (Anacostia!)
I wasn't referring to the quality of the locations the train stops at but rather the frequency at which the trains stop and do not start back up again. Also, for you creepers out there who enjoy experiencing the unrelenting crush of humanity firsthand: hit up the green line 15 minutes after the last out of a Red Sox home game.

I've never noticed any of them. Not a single drop.

Look closer. Kylej's complaints are overblown but not wrong. Just because I agree with him on this one issue doesn't mean I'm against scapegoating him over on the Waypoint forums.

I like her, think she's a great actor. Lost in Translation and The Island were great.
The Island is one of the worst movies I have ever paid to see. What did you like about it?

Karl2177

:lol :lol

Excellent, good sir.

Edit: Also, in our ride-a-long last night, I nabbed a triple kill and out of nowhere, someone on my team goes "You hit that Tashi Ceiling!"

:lol It's worldwide brah.

That was me, but DeeJ laughed at it for some reason. Maybe he's our newest lurker. :O

I still think all the fancy detail they added to the chiefs helmet especially makes it seem less iconic. I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to it. It's just hard going from.

char-models.jpg

and

to

I agree to a point, but I think the helmet doesn't look bad at all. But I was mostly just referring to the texture on the visor which allowed it to actually look like a visor rather than some weird slightly shiny texture. I would say my biggest issue with the new design is his shoulder pads, which have a less than streamlined look. That said, I am happy we are getting a new look, and overall I like it.

ElRenoRaven

I agree to a point, but I think the helmet doesn't look bad at all. But I was mostly just referring to the texture on the visor which allowed it to actually look like a visor rather than some weird slightly shiny texture. I would say my biggest issue with the new design is his shoulder pads, which have a less than streamlined look. That said, I am happy we are getting a new look, and overall I like it.

I could actually live with it now if they'd just change the shoulders back.

char-models.jpg

and

to

Hmm, looks very similar to me.

The details are just better in H4. Seems like same ol' Chief to me.

Yep, it took a while for it grow on me, but I prefer it to the older chiefs. This new look makes him look like a badass, he looks like a very expensive piece of military tech.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You're famous

<3

lol

The 120% run speed in MLG v7 makes such a difference. It's pretty wild. I definitely feel like I could out strafe and out shoot a lot of people. However, I feel like I definitely have to put more attention on my shooting when I'm in a 1v1 battle. Before, I could maybe check the score, see who has died or how many of my teammates are on the map while in the battle but now I need to give it more attention. I think I could get used to it though, we'll see.

Also, on 120% speed, flag running is a breeze. I'm taking huge leaps and bounds with the flag AND running it without jumping (over a tight space or whatever) isn't as slow anymore. It's sorta useful.

Love v7, can't wait to play tonight.

Yup, honestly his new armor look, while a little less streamlined, is really nice overall. I have a few nitpicks here and there, but they are made up from the awesomeness in the design everywhere else. He looks powerful, and I really can't wait to see him in motion, especially during cutscenes.

Actually, if I do have one complaint overall, it is about the armors texture... Not the quality, which looks fantastic, but rather the way light interacts with it. The Halo 3 e3 announcement armor was perfect, it really looked like it was made of metal the way light harshly reflected from its surface. It also helped give a sense of scale, as the light reflected in a natural way for someone of his size, rather than falling flat. I also like how the bumpyness helped the texture pop a bit more.

The way the light radiates off his armor in that pictures is awesome, and I really would love to see that make its way into Halo 4, both SP and MP.

His underarmor really exudes that Crysis nanosuit feel.

Yup, it has a very high-tech future armor look to it, and I like it.

I don't know if it is my browser, but you can snag the Anniversary MapPack for 600MSP! If you don't have it, there is no excuse now!

http://i.imgur.com/VJiM3.png/IMG][/QUOTE]

OMFG, Gazza's gonna rage!

[quote="Gazzawa, post: 36647725"]HOLY FUCK!!!
343!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lmao, what ever happened to the luck of the Irish?

You're own damned fault for paying for a Michael Bay movie, and I don't say that because I'm jealous of all his 'fuck you' money that I'll never make in my lifetime.

And he reused a scene from the island and put it in transformer's 3.

Sit and wait, go camouflage, kill a guy, camouflage, sit and wait. Repeat over and over again.

Gunplay was poor as well.

My experience with Crysis 2.

Top Bottom