• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia will allow women to drive

Dunki

Liberal here, if some of you hadn't figured that out yet XD

Totally agree with what I think is the sentiment here. Saudi Arabia is a mass exporter of radical Islam (including terrorism), Wahabism and Salafism in particular. We should cut all ties and treat them like any other terrorist state.

But...oil!

And now imagine that Saudi Arabia financing the vast majority maybe 80% of Mosques in Germany and also using their people to "teach" there. This is getting dangerous really fast and Europe really needs to act soon. Example ban all Mosques financed by the Saudi Government, build new ones and use people who were educated in Europe with also European values. This really needs to be the case with children. There are no real regulations they teach in Arabic etc while my Government is just watching this unfold.

Honestly I do not care if Germany already has more mosques than Churches which is a fact however they need to be controlled and regulated.

diabl0

The lefts coddling of Islam is ridiculous... Australia had a public vote for gay marriage and areas with high muslim populations overwhelmingly voted NO

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...y/news-story/a932816bc9b3a917eb2143c3d4d94aa5

You have isis throwing gay people off buildings but you see these soy boy types only saying "Not all muslims"....

And in UK, many chavs openly call 2 guys holding hands queer out loud amongst many other names and make them feel like shit, but its not all 'white people', but you are right, lets put down a community just because they voted a simple yes or no on a poll.

As for Saudi, bitch and moan about them all you like, their laws are screwed up because they use their own monarchy laws and uneducated nimrods confuse shariah law for monarchy laws. Even then, clearly doesnt stop USA or UK getting in bed with them, and in return, building Saudi governed mosques in EU which is polluted with wahabism and salafism.

aaronsan

Banned
And now imagine that Saudi Arabia financing the vast majority maybe 80% of Mosques in Germany and also using their people to "teach" there. This is getting dangerous really fast and Europe really needs to act soon. Example ban all Mosques financed by the Saudi Government, build new ones and use people who were educated in Europe with also European values. This really needs to be the case with children. There are no real regulations they teach in Arabic etc while my Government is just watching this unfold.

Honestly I do not care if Germany already has more mosques than Churches which is a fact however they need to be controlled and regulated.

We definitely agree on the problem and your solution is pretty interesting. You'll never find ME defending religion but I still have this American sentiment that it needs to be free.

However, in the face of this very real threat I could be convinced that extreme measures are needed.

Dunki

We definitely agree on the problem and your solution is pretty interesting. You'll never find ME defending religion but I still have this American sentiment that it needs to be free.

However, in the face of this very real threat I could be convinced that extreme measures are needed.

I am all for free religion as long it does not conflict with our constitution and sadly I do not think we or they will solve these problems in Saudi Arabia anytime soon. Since the 60s it has gotten radicalized like nothing else. Now also Turkey jumps on this train with a Hitler like absolute crazy man in Power which can be very dangerous for the whole world.

To end the Stigmata of Islam it needs to be refomed like christianity needed one back then and had several times until now. And if they are not willing to do it maybe it time to establish our own form of Islam which still teaches the foundation without all this bullshit that mostly also got totally violated by the radical Islam.

Also State and Religion should be also completley separated. Which means everyone working for the government (like teachers) should not be allowed to wear religious symbols during work. And this goes for Hijabs as well as crosses etc.

Oh yeah and abolish Burkas as well since they have absolutely nothing to do with the real Islam. But we really need to be strict before its too late. Just now we had a Razzia with 500 police officers in whole Germany because there were people planing Attacks on Christmas markets soon..... Its dangerous right now...

Ubername

Banned
Well as long as you recognize the term as a creation of the alt right. I guess Rocket Number 22 is alt right

I know you're not sincere but the alt right is exactly that. If anyone thinks there's a group of people somewhere saying "yea, let's go be alt-right white nationalists!" somewhere, there isn't. It's an artifice that people can use as a punching bag to channel their political anger. And if that group does indeed exist, then you can bet your momma that the same thing exists for the other side.

I know you're not sincere but the alt right is exactly that. If anyone thinks there's a group of people somewhere saying "yea, let's go be alt-right white nationalists!" somewhere, there isn't. It's an artifice that people can use as a punching bag to channel their political anger. And if that group does indeed exist, then you can bet your momma that the same thing exists for the other side.

Um... no

You’re not smart

And in UK, many chavs openly call 2 guys holding hands queer out loud amongst many other names and make them feel like shit, but its not all 'white people', but you are right, lets put down a community just because they voted a simple yes or no on a poll.

As for Saudi, bitch and moan about them all you like, their laws are screwed up because they use their own monarchy laws and uneducated nimrods confuse shariah law for monarchy laws. Even then, clearly doesnt stop USA or UK getting in bed with them, and in return, building Saudi governed mosques in EU which is polluted with wahabism and salafism.

Ok, your theoretical chavs are a very poor analogy.

In Chechnya, gay people are systematically arrested and tortured.

In seven countries, homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty.. guess the religion of all seven of them?

There is not a single place in the world where Muslims are in the majority, which grant gay people any rights whatsoever.

I'd MUCH rather be called a queer in the UK.

base

Banned
Saudi Arabia, welcome to the XXI century. Maybe in the next one you will let women to gett burkas off their head.

diabl0

Ok, your theoretical chavs are a very poor analogy.

In Chechnya, gay people are systematically arrested and tortured.

In seven countries, homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty.. guess the religion of all seven of them?

There is not a single place in the world where Muslims are in the majority, which grant gay people any rights whatsoever.

I'd MUCH rather be called a queer in the UK.

Yes there are many Muslim countries around the globe that don't favor gay marriage. There are many countries also are Muslim dominant that allow for same sex relations such as Turkey, Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, to name a few.

Theres many countries that are still playing catch up and are punishable by law too such as India, and Burma to name just a few.

People seem to be more vocal when there's 'Islam' or 'Muslim' tagged next to it even though a good portion of Asia still do not even consent to same sex relations, yet alone marriages.

Hate for LGTB exists no matter where you are, from one extreme to another. People may have "loosened" up on it but its certainly far from perfect and I would question how socially accepted it actually even is. Its one thing saying it and voting for it, its another thing seeing 2 dudes snogging, holding hands and swinging their pinkies as they walk in public. Examples below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-21887535

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/11/01/leicester-trans-woman-victim-assaulted-in-pub/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...he-hairdresser-battered-to-death-1630322.html

Its evident the country isn't going to adjust its laws, such as Saudi Arabia, so if they want to practice what they endear, then they should move. USA and UK kiss Saudi Arabias ass but you never hear the words from Teresa May or Donald Trump emphasizing to the Sauds to consider loosening their laws.

Dunki

Yes there are many Muslim countries around the globe that don't favor gay marriage. There are many countries also are Muslim dominant that allow for same sex relations such as Turkey, Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, to name a few.

I would not name Turkey since it is drastically changing. As example they do not allow any LGBT protest, Parade etc. anymore. So it will not take long until Erdogan will change these laws as well.

And I agree Its kind of ridiculous when western countries go for diversity and do everything to support minorities while on the other hand seeling weapons etc to Saudi Arabia. I am looking at you Germany just to name one country....

Theres many countries that are still playing catch up and are punishable by law too such as India, and Burma to name just a few.

People seem to be more vocal when there's 'Islam' or 'Muslim' tagged next to it even though a good portion of Asia still do not even consent to same sex relations, yet alone marriages.

Hate for LGTB exists no matter where you are, from one extreme to another. People may have "loosened" up on it but its certainly far from perfect and I would question how socially accepted it actually even is. Its one thing saying it and voting for it, its another thing seeing 2 dudes snogging, holding hands and swinging their pinkies as they walk in public. Examples below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-21887535

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/11/01/leicester-trans-woman-victim-assaulted-in-pub/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...he-hairdresser-battered-to-death-1630322.html

Its evident the country isn't going to adjust its laws, such as Saudi Arabia, so if they want to practice what they endear, then they should move. USA and UK kiss Saudi Arabias ass but you never hear the words from Teresa May or Donald Trump emphasizing to the Sauds to consider loosening their laws.

Jesus, those hate crimes were awful. Its saddening to read about things like that but it is not a 1:1 comparison of horrific crimes in a country which nearly grants full rights to LGBT people and one which not only condones such things, but has public executions of gay people like Saudi Arabia.

Is it not terrible to live in a society who, nearly in entirety, condemns you for a part of who you are? Its not really feasible for every gay person to emigrate.

Takyon

Is this a joke? Homophobia was first documented in Africa when African natives massacred entire villages of white colonists because they were believed to be gay, ironically this was only because of their elaborate dress and the policy of not bringing women on colony ships at the time. It has absolutely nothing to do with the East.

What?

daniell

Liberal here, if some of you hadn't figured that out yet XD

Totally agree with what I think is the sentiment here. Saudi Arabia is a mass exporter of radical Islam (including terrorism), Wahabism and Salafism in particular. We should cut all ties and treat them like any other terrorist state.

But...oil!

The new prince wants to go "back" to moderate islam in saudi arabia thats why all the old radicals are now "suddenly" dying and its also the reason why basically no one in the west cares that they die.

daniell

Great now that women are allowed to drive maybe they can also stop educating the men on TV how to punish their wife's with this kind of toothbrush.

Also now that its allowed I wonder what feminist Icon, Women's March leader and Glamour's women of the Year 2017 is now saying. Her last statement regarding this was not very good IMO.

Crc_HQiWEAA-DE4.jpg

Also in Iran it is haram for a woman to ride on a bicycle in public because it will make men horny. But hey go Arabia.

Linda sarsour is either useful idiot to her movement or a radical herself she already exposed this much about her.
So i dont think anyone takes her seriously anymore.
What people are starting to realize is that she doesn't speak as a critic of the western cultur as many think but an actual self declared enemy of the western culture.
The whole womens march thing was just a "pad yourself on the back" thing and she used the opportunity.

aaronsan

Banned

Well, first you added "white nationalists" to make your statement accurate, so no.

Basically you just said "there is no alt-right but if there is, there's an alt-left".

OK, "There are no unicorns, but if there are, there are fairies." Fuck off with that shit.

There are ABSOLUTELY thousands, tens of thousands, of people who identify as alt-right.

Who identifies as alt-left? Go on, find someone.

jonnyp

Great now that women are allowed to drive maybe they can also stop educating the men on TV how to punish their wife's with this kind of toothbrush.

Also now that its allowed I wonder what feminist Icon, Women's March leader and Glamour's women of the Year 2017 is now saying. Her last statement regarding this was not very good IMO.

Crc_HQiWEAA-DE4.jpg

Also in Iran it is haram for a woman to ride on a bicycle in public because it will make men horny. But hey go Arabia.

Linda Sarsour is absolute scum.

womfalcs3

Banned
Linda Sarsour is absolute scum.
She does have a point. Saudi society is far from being oppressed; even with the legal shortcomings. In many ways, men and women have it better in Saudi than the US. That's why so many Americans migrate to Saudi.

Dunki

She does have a point. Saudi society is far from being oppressed; even with the legal shortcomings. In many ways, men and women have it better in Saudi than the US. That's why so many Americans migrate to Saudi.
Yes you are so right. I always wanted to get slashes with a whip and being arrested for wearing a skirt in Public Or how about the fact that women need to ave a male guardian?
Or that they have to sit in the back in mosques. Or the Adultery stoning part we should not forget.

Yes they clearly are not oppressed and why should we even car about women are being allowed what man can do without problems?

But hey 10 Month Maternity leave because they got pregnant from a man they had to marry to begin with.

Top Bottom