• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of NEW Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Footage

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking really good but I'm still on the fence about buying this one. ToD was the only R&C game I've played and while it was definitely very solid, I just didn't feel like finishing it. Any word on if this is going to have more variety or more checkpoints? Even though the game wasn't too hard I kept falling into pits I should have been easily able to avoid and getting sent back to the beginning of the world. I just got fed up with constantly redoing whole sections. I kind of want this one just for the graphics/art style alone, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PLEASE INSOMNIAC!!! SCREENSHOT FEATURE! :mad:

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Lince said:
well it works in Firefox, just tried in another computer, click the link and it prompts you to save the mp4 file (31,2 mb). I already have in on my PC, wtf?

i just get a white page.

thanks Sentry for uploading the raw file, even betterthan youtube recompressing it :D

RoboPlato said:
Looking really good but I'm still on the fence about buying this one. ToD was the only R&C game I've played and while it was definitely very solid, I just didn't feel like finishing it.

Destruction is seriously a game that just gets so much better the more you play it. When you first start it's like yeah, it's pretty but it's the same stuff (though still great!) but when you get into some of the deeper aspects like weapon upgrading and such, it really starts to shine then.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
brandonh83 said:
Destruction is seriously a game that just gets so much better the more you play it. When you first start it's like yeah, it's pretty but it's the same stuff (though still great!) but when you get into some of the deeper aspects like weapon upgrading and such, it really starts to shine then.
I was more than halfway through it, I think. I can't remember exactly where I left off but I know I had gotten a few planets past the supercomputer thing.

RoboPlato said:
I was more than halfway through it, I think. I can't remember exactly where I left off but I know I had gotten a few planets past the supercomputer thing.

Yeah, it took me a while to REALLY get into it, but when I did, I couldn't put it down.

This game looks fantastic. The platforming sections look entertaining and the humor is spot on as usual. Day one.

Edit: Lets leave Resistance out of this thread eh?

No_Style

I like what they did with the button commands. Right on the item instead of a text box on the screen.

Also, I love the spherical planets. That lava planet was giving off that SMG vibe and that's a great thing :D

dejay

Banned
The visuals never match the hype generated by certain members but the humour and imagination are, as usual, top notch. Can't wait.

purg3

slept with Malkin
jstevenson said:
I'm playing straight through on Hard right now, and it's sort of weird when I realize just how much traversal/platforming this game has. Definitely a higher mix.

good to hear, definitely my most anticipated ps3 game this year.

mr_nothin

Banned
Please take away that auto-aim bullshit. All u have to do is shoot and the bullets go straight to the enemy. That's so lame.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SHOULD I WATCH?

SHOULD I NOT WATCH?

God damn it all to hell, this is exactly why I hate myself... STOP SPOILING THE FUCKING EXPERIENCE OF THE YEAR!

SIGH.

*watches*

noah111

Still Alive
Hmm, just noticed that the video's view counter has been halted.. guess someone doesn't want the video to spread.

Insomniac Games is that you? :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sentry said:
Hmm, just noticed that the video's view counter has been halted.. guess someone doesn't want the video to spread.

Insomniac Games is that you? :lol
You mean on Youtube? Sometimes it doesn't update right away, usually takes 20 minutes between every update.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Seeing those screen shots has put me in the mood for some Ratchet. There aren't very many games like this anymore, so hopefully it'll do well. It's a fun genre.

- Wow, I just noticed that Clank's little antenna, the red light, it blinks. Wonder what that's all about.

- And Clank seems to run a hell of a lot faster than before.

- Holy crap, new bolt crank! :lol

sh4mike

Please allow us to skip minigames during Challenge Mode (NewGame+). The forced ball rolling game in ToD killed its replayability for me.

Yoshichan

noah111

Still Alive
Seiken said:
You mean on Youtube? Sometimes it doesn't update right away, usually takes 20 minutes between every update.
Yup, I thought so as well but the number has been stationary for at least an hour and a half now.

No biggie personally, just find it odd as i've heard of this kind of thing happening to certain YouTube videos before, assumed it was BS but I guess companies might be able to get their hands into YT after all..

drakesfortune said:
Seeing those screen shots has put me in the mood for some Ratchet. There aren't very many games like this anymore, so hopefully it'll do well. It's a fun genre.
Indeed, i've already went back and replayed the first two R&C games on PS2 on my launch model (BC comes in handy, heh) and now am onto playing UYA once again.. though i've already been through that game at least 60+ times when I played it back on the PS2, never gets old though.

-PXG-

Looks like....more of the same :/ And don't give me the bullshit response, "You can't be satisfied. It's either too much of the same or too different!" There is nothing wrong with the game. It looks great. It's just that there have been so many Ratchet games, since its debut in 2002. Why does Insomniac have to come out with a gamer EVERY year. I wouldn't want Halo, Gears, God War, Final Fantasy (roman numeral series), Mario or Zelda every damn holiday. I'd get sick of it.

EDIT

My first post wasn't intended to be a jab at Captain N either. No hard feelings bro. It was a serious question :lol

-PXG- said:
Why does Insomniac have to come out with a gamer EVERY year.l

WTF are you talking about? Not only does this one actually seem to push some genuinely new stuff, but the last full length Ratchet came out in 2007.

-PXG-

AltogetherAndrews said:
WTF are you talking about? Not only does this one actually seem to push some genuinely new stuff, but the last full length Ratchet came out in 2007.

Yeah, because 2007 was such a long time ago :lol . Quest for Booty came out last year. Sure, it wasn't a full game, but there has been way too much Ratchet. It's the same damn game EVERY year. Sure, the same damn GOOD game every year. I'd get bored of Zelda too, if it had a full console release every year.

Time manipulation? That isn't new. To the series it is. Everything else, it's been done. Planetoids and everything. I will get this one, only because I need a good action platformer for my PS3. I only owned the first one, Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty. I skipped all the ones in between, because everything that I saw, was pretty much all the same.

-PXG- said:
Yeah, because 2007 was such a long time ago :lol . Quest for Booty came out last year. Sure, it wasn't a full game, but there has been way too much Ratchet. It's the same damn game EVERY year. Sure, the same damn GOOD game every year. I'd get bored of Zelda too, if it had a full console release every year.

Time manipulation? That isn't new. To the series it is. Everything else, it's been done. Planetoids and everything. I will get this one, only because I need a good action platformer for my PS3. I only owned the first one, Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty. I skipped all the ones in between, because everything that I saw, was pretty much all the same.

Space exploration has not been done, and I'm pretty sure the spherical world thing has been turned up to 11. I'm on the side that felt that TOD was a bit too familiar, but this looks like a genuinely new entry. And if you're going to gripe about things that are new to the series simply because they are not new to the medium, then... well, that's just odd.

And yes, two years is a pretty normal time for sequels. Counting a 3 hour filler game is a bit daft, don't you think? Full Ratchet games do not occur annually.

Also, skipping Going Commando is the most daft thing anyone has ever done.

-PXG-

AltogetherAndrews said:
Space exploration has not been done, and I'm pretty sure the spherical world thing has been turned up to 11. I'm on the side that felt that TOD was a bit too familiar, but this looks like a genuinely new entry. And if you're going to gripe about things that are new to the series simply because they are not new to the medium, then... well, that's just odd.

And yes, two years is a pretty normal time for sequels. Counting a 3 hour filler game is a bit daft, don't you think? Full Ratchet games do not occur annually.

Also, skipping Going Commando is the most daft thing anyone has ever done.

Yes it has, unless you're talking about the all-range-mode ship battle.

What in the hell are you talking about now? Space exploration has not been done in a Ratchet title. Not on a small scale, and certainly not on the talked about TWW scale that is allegedly part of this game.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
RoboPlato said:
Looking really good but I'm still on the fence about buying this one. ToD was the only R&C game I've played and while it was definitely very solid, I just didn't feel like finishing it. Any word on if this is going to have more variety or more checkpoints? Even though the game wasn't too hard I kept falling into pits I should have been easily able to avoid and getting sent back to the beginning of the world. I just got fed up with constantly redoing whole sections. I kind of want this one just for the graphics/art style alone, though.

I have the same issue with finishing R&C games.
They need more checkpoints.

The space environment gameplay starting at 5:00 in the video was more exciting+interesting to me than all the blow stuff up, jump across pits and collect bolts at the beginning(been there done that).

Criticism aside, it looks blindingly polished from a visual standpoint.

acevans2

The best jokes of Tools of Destruction were given away in the promotion before release. I'm not watching videos this time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Melfice7 said:
still looks easy :(

All of the footage is from the early levels.

Trust me when I say that the moons in the later space sectors are anything but easy (same goes for the Clank time puzzles).... and Hard should give you more of a challenge... the replay boss will DEFINITELY give you a huge challenge.

jaydogg691

Sentry said:
They have been in almost every past R&C game, why wouldn't they be now?
I couldn't find it in the E3 demo and now every video I see isn't using the that control scheme. I've tried playing with the 3rd person controls in past Ratchet games and I can't seem to get use to them.

Top Bottom