• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
Well if it's something this thread title has taught us is that no one except stump thought of Outsiders as redneck GoT.
Either that or it had zero brand recognition for the gaf crowd.

Whilst I'm posting; go watch The Handmaid's Tale. Best new show of the year so far.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well if it's something this thread title has taught us is that no one except stump thought of Outsiders as redneck GoT.
Plus plenty of people can't be bothered to read.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Having not seen the show, I'd say it's more "Sons of Anarchy: Appalachia" or "Hillbilly Shakespeare" than "Redneck Game of Thrones".

Also, it was a hit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Well, iZombie adjusted down in the finals to a 0.3 and SHIELD adjusted up to a 0.7 so the ratings gods have had the last laugh today.

iZombie will get renewed. It's The CW.

SHIELD is the one fans are worried about. (Rightly so, considering how good it's been.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm fine with Outsiders getting cancelled since I'm sure that means that WGN is bringing back Manhattan.
*sobs uncontrollably*

Underrated little gem. On the upside, Stephen King's Castle Rock has Sam Shaw as showrunner and some Manhattan alums in the writers room. Should be a mini reunion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I'm the only one who thought the spy stuff in Manhattan was boring and that the story of building the first A-bomb should have been interesting enough on its own.

Fuzzy

Holy shit the Ford ad in the latest Designated Survivor just took the title from the Riverdale/Cover Girl ad.

Joni

TVLine is positive: at least half of the shows on this list are bound to be renewed according to his latest intel.
http://tvline.com/gallery/list-of-cancelled-tv-series-2017/#!1/800-2/

Whoa, what? I just started season 2 (it's kind of a slog). What's going on here? Oh, and this really should've been an anthology series from the jump. Season 1 and 2 about different groups, then 3 about the survivors coming together.

Idiot MTV management. Season 2 was already a step-down and the Halloween special sucked.
Both leaving the door open for a very necessary season 3.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
TVLine is positive: at least half of the shows on this list are bound to be renewed according to his latest intel.
http://tvline.com/gallery/list-of-cancelled-tv-series-2017/#!1/800-2/

So, out of

The Last Man on Earth
Agents of SHIELD
Brooklyn Nine Nine
New Girl
Blindspot
2 Broke Girls
Quantico
The Originals
Elementary
Once Upon a Time

at least five are being renewed according to Ausiello. Of those five, I think 2 Broke Girls, The Originals, Agents of SHIELD, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and Once Upon a Time have the best shots at coming back.

Yeah, I'd assume that B99 is a lock to come back. I'm not sure why anyone is acting like it's not.

I only watch four of the ten shows (B99, The Originals, LMOE and SHIELD). The only one I'd truly miss is The Originals and the only one that I really want killed is Last Man on Earth. It's gotten so bad recently.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If B99 is renewed ill kiss you Ratsky. I dont care if its not as good anymore, its my comfort show :(

Of course if it gets canceled, ill hunt you down and kick you in the nads instead which you will surely deserve.

Pachimari

Oh please say it is so. I'm not ready to let go of either Agents of Shield or The Originals. I would love for both shows to wrap up in a shortened Season 5.

It remains strange that it takes them that long to renew it when they renewed Lucifer already. Numbers aren't super either. But it should come back for S4 but they're probably negotiating.
Gotham is probably much more expensive to make than Lucifer. Even so, it should be safe.

Just_one

It remains strange that it takes them that long to renew it when they renewed Lucifer already. Numbers aren't super either. But it should come back for S4 but they're probably negotiating.

If gotham gets S4 it will get also S5 right?

u guys there have that syndication thing right? i remember reading it somewhere

Joni

Gotham is probably much more expensive to make than Lucifer. Even so, it should be safe.

It will indeed depend on how much more cheaper Warner wants to make it for FOX.

If gotham gets S4 it will get also S5 right?

u guys there have that syndication thing right? i remember reading it somewhere

Syndication nowadays is more S3 --> S4 instead of S4 --> S5. But FOX won't make money from syndication.

Penguin

Arrow is hitting that consistent CW range

ABC comedies seem soft

Fast-Demo-2017-Apr-26.WED_.png

Just_one

how come blindspot gets 4 million viewers and its on the bubble of getting renewed and arrow gets less than 2 million viewers and its already renewed?

Fuzzy

There was no episode of Modern Family, it was a new episode of Black-ish then a quasi clip show episode of Black-ish.

how come blindspot gets 4 million viewers and its on the bubble of getting renewed and arrow gets less than 2 million viewers and its already renewed?
Different networks have different expectations. You can't even directly compare shows on the same network because there are a lot of different factors.

Joni

Different networks with different viewing habits. The CW tends to attract less live viewers, but has a heavy online presence.

chadskin

First peak TV victim:
As A&E is reaching a turning point in its ratings comeback with the first back-to-back months of viewership growth in almost four years, the A+E network is recalibrating its programming strategy, returning to its roots as an exclusively non-fiction brand. Following the end of A&E’s signature drama series Bates Motel earlier this week, there will be no more scripted programming on the cable network going forward.
http://deadline.com/2017/04/ae-nonfiction-exits-scripted-programming-strategy-shift-1202077488/

Sad!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Whooter

Screw A&E

I haven't forgiven them for what they did to "The Glades."

At least Netflix saved "Longmire" from their stupidity.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ausiello - Blind Item: Which New Drama Series Is So Bad Its Network Tried to Dump It?

That foul odor assaulting executives at an unnamed broadcast or cable network is the stank emanating from an upcoming drama series that is allegedly so bad it's actually unwatchable.

How pungent are we talking? Well, according to sources, the network behind the ambitious project tried mightily to pawn off the entire first season on one of the big streamers at a steep discount (we're talking pennies). But the influential Powers That Be behind the series put a kibosh on the fire sale. So now the net in question is forced to sit back and watch the stink bomb smell up its airwaves (beginning at some point in the next seven months).

Making matters worse, this small-screen Ishtar was, by all accounts, a costly disaster, with most episodes coming in way, way, way, way, way over budget.

Any guesses? Inhumans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom