• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Tunavi

Banned
Yay! Announcement of a sale with no pricing!

Sheesh.
88.gif

Monocle

I'm glad I'll finally be able to catch Dust on sale. The demo is outstanding but my backlog was too big to justify a full price purchase.

this starts tomorrow any word on Pricing yet? Sony just released their 'Holiday Sales' with pricing so I hope MS follows suit soon.

Just assume that 800pt games will be 400pts, and 1200pt games will be 800pts. A few 1200pt games may drop to 600pts or less, but there's really not that much to announce here. It's pretty obvious what everything's going to cost. Walking Dead episodes will be 240pts each, for example (first one allegedly free).

Or maybe they will follow Sony's "Holiday Sales" pricing and all the 800pt stuff will have amazing reductions to 780pts, or something. Go Sony.

Just assume that 800pt games will be 400pts, and 1200pt games will be 800pts. A few 1200pt games may drop to 600pts or less, but there's really not that much to announce here. It's pretty obvious what everything's going to cost. Walking Dead episodes will be 240pts each, for example (first one allegedly free).

Or maybe they will follow Sony's "Holiday Sales" pricing and all the 800pt stuff will have amazing reductions to 780pts, or something. Go Sony.
lol What?

I still have hope that everything will be half, but they way you describe it (1/3 off) sounds about right.

Lothars

Sony sale isn't that bad most are at least half off if not more which is pretty much the same as MS sale.

Sony's discounts are pretty crappy =P
I don't see how you can say Sony's is when MS is pretty much the same.

Lothars

Sony's sale prices aren't even a third off in most cases.
Really? I don't think your actually looking at sales than if you don't have plus they normally are around 30% - 50 % and 50% or higher if you have plus.

especially when this is an MS thread about sales when you normally need to be gold to get the sales.

Has MS said what Games On Demand will be part of the sale? I desperately want to pickup the Arkham games with DLC. I've been putting off buying them too long.

Simpsons is 800 or 400 right now? Cause if it's 200 or somewhere around there during the sale than I'll pick that up for 20 minutes of nostalgic fun.

Really? I don't think your actually looking at sales than if you don't have plus they normally are around 30% - 50 % and 50% or higher if you have plus.

especially when this is an MS thread about sales when you normally need to be gold to get the sales.

As said, it's only EVER the Deal of the Week which is locked to Gold, and there are other sales every week and any other promotion which are available to everyone.

You have to pay a subscription to get good prices on Sony's Christmas sale, which seems slightly counter-intuitive. If we compare like-for-like, the sales available to everyone with no subscription, then Sony's discounts are laughable.

Will probably pick up HELL YEAH! if it's 50% off. Maybe even 33%. That's really all I'm interested in, although...

...I may pick up Walking Dead on 360 if the sale on the 28th is anywhere near comparable to the Steam sale. I'm sure the series will be cheap during the Steam winter sale, so whichever deal is better will likely end up determining which system I buy it on.

Oh crap I only have 20 Allards. Usually only get them when they are mispriced or something. I have a UK account but I'm in Jp so maybe I need to order a code somewhere? Cos I ain't giving MS no stinkin' credit card details.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm torn. I rented Lego Star Wars 3 when it came out, and 100% completed it, but now it's £8.99 I feel like picking it up just for the shiny lightsaber fighting. Only thing is I'm pretty sure the game isn't as much fun as I remember it to be. I have Lego LOTR to play through now and Lego Batman 2 coming soon though, so I guess I'll just pass. I quite like those Lego games, you see.

@spanish xbox.com Joe Danger The Movie shows at 400 points, that's an unexpected 66%!
Frogger and JSR at 400 too, both are 50% off

EDIT
RAW is 400 too! another 66% off
but Simpsons and Plants vs. Zombies are 600 :(
Sonic 4 II is 600 as SMB is
Fire Pro Wrestlig is 400 as Zuma's Revenge!, Peggle and Word of Keflings are (one dlc is 160 but the other one is 320)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is 160

Yeah, prices just updated.

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 Points - 50% Off
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 Points - 66% Off
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 Points - 50% Off
The Simpsons™ Arcade Game - 600 Points - 25% Off
Wreckateer - 200 Points - 75% Off
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 Points - 50% Off
Peggle - 400 Points - 50% off
Peggle™ Nights Content Pack - 200 Points - 50% Off
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 Points - 50% Off
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 Points - 50% Off
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 Points - 60% Off
RAW - 400 Points - 66% Off
A World of Keflings - 400 Points - 50% Off
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 Points
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 320 Points
Kinect Party - FREE - 100% Off
Jet Set Radio - 400 Points - 50% Off
Super Meat Boy - 600 Points - 50% Off

Got Jet Set Radio, Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition, Kinect Party and Joe Danger 2: The Movie for 1.200 msp :)

BTW Simpsons at 600 is only 25% off

Card Boy

Banned
ATTENTION AUSSIES (and New Zealanders)

Bully, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Harry Potter, and Lego Star Wars 3 are cheaper than the US counterpart at 640 MS Points.

Bully costs a fortune on Ebay, for $7.80 grab it.

Galdelico

I swear I got The Simpsons for a much lower price earlier this year.
I remember seeing it at 400 if not even 200, at some point... Or maybe it was the X-Men game?
Emulation seemed ok in both cases, but the typical 'backbone-lazy-port' kind of vibe completely turned me off.

Top Bottom