• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

I mean, I've played a couple of Sonic games in my day, but to me, the reaction is overblown.

I agree that the accessories are unnecessary, but before he was naked with red shoes and white gloves.

What we need is a diehard old design fan to list and label the differences while explaining in an essay the implications of the changes.

tumblr_lrk47ryyug1r0i0gco1_500.gif

When i see Sonic crouch all i see is this

SimonM7

Okay, so, "Sonic Boom THE GAME". I imagine this ties into the Sonic Boom TV show, and is prolly some Wii U tie in thingymabob launching alongside the show later this year.

I sincerely doubt they'll slap a scarf on Sonic permanently.

Tails and Amy actually look really good, IMO. Sonic is kind of "ehhhh" and Knuckles downright needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

sn00zer

Its a kids show for a kids game. They look fine. People need to sort of let go of these characters at some point.....I was literally 6 when I was playing Sonic games, so who cares what they look like now...its a kids games designed for kids...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you think of this as a new Sonic game, you might be disappointed.

But if you think of this as a Ratchet and Clank-esque licensed game based on a children's TV show targeting 8-12 year olds, I dunno, seems about right to me.

If you think of this as a new Sonic game, you might be disappointed.

But if you think of this as a Ratchet and Clank-esque licensed game based on a children's TV show targeting 8-12 year olds, I dunno, seems about right to me.

Yeah, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this game ends up being more fun than Lost World.

Shaanyboi

Banned
so what's the problem with Knuckles? Because from what I can tell, they just gave him a unique silhouette to actually stand out unlike his old design.

This looks fine. I probably am never going to play it, and I don't care about Sonic. I don't see how this is any more offensive than the shit this character has been through for the past 20-some years.

I really don't understand why people are losing it over the designs. Tails looks all techy, the scarf will look good When Sonic runs, Knuckles looks tough like he should, Amy is Amy. What's the problem.

To be fair, I haven't watched the video

meppi

FIRE! Kill them with it!

It's the only humane thing to do at this point. Every day they live is a day they suffer. :(

Top Bottom