• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Darryl

Banned
Seriously? What the hell

Rayman Origins 3DS !

Trancetronic said:
Really loving the dialogue between Pit and Paluntena. She sounds more like she's giving him sister-ly advice than anything. One of my favorite quotes: "MONSTERS KILL PIT! RUN PIT RUN"

I haven't heard anything from the actual gameplay, but if it's similar to those anime shorts, I can imagine it'll be hilarious.

Thoraxes

I found a ton of articles confirming it, but are we sure that Kid Icarus comes with the stand in NA? I can't find any mention of it on Amazon's or Gamestop's product pages for the game, which seems weird to me. You'd think the try to spin it as being a great deal or something.

Okay thanks, I figured as much but was just kind of dumbfounded that it wasn't advertised more. Thanks!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1216423p1.html

DSmalls84

Got my preorder in today so I could get the download for the original. Sort of worried about the controls, but I guess if I'm ok with Snake Eater 3d sans frankenstick I'll be able to get used to the scheme for this game.

Wizpig

Sooo...

60 FPS? both in 2d and 3d? any official info on this?

edit. another question! is every single PAL copy of the game bundled with a stand?

About the Gamereactor review: A pretty shitty review translated from the german magazine to swedish if I recall correctly. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they said that in the air Kid Icraus is pretty much a shooter, but it's on the ground that it truely shines. They also praised the different weapons in the game.

Rootbeer

Banned
I let my Nintendo Power sub lapse a while back, but I want the next issue that has the Kid Icarus cards inside.

Anyone know when it'll start appearing on stands?

just placed my order on Amazon I like the get it on release day shipping
3AQmK.gif

now to shop for one more game

kSt

Repost from the GAMEdoom thread (by PaulLFC):
No Kid Icarus either...
eurogamer said:
Nintendo has confirmed that 3DS game Kid Icarus: Uprising won't be available to buy in GAME and Gamestation.

Its list of shops selling the 3DS title does not include the struggling high street retailer - thought to be facing administration.

Uprising will be available to buy on the high street from the following shops: Argos, Asda, Blockbuster, Tesco, Dixons Stores Group, GameStop, HMV, Sainsbury's, Smyths Toys and Toys R Us.

Online, you can get it from Amazon, The Hut, JohnLewis.com, Littlewoods.com, Play.com, zavvi.co.uk, and "most good games retailers", Nintendo said.

You can pre-order from Amazon.co.uk, GameStop, Littlewoods.com, Play.com and zavvi.co.uk. It launches on Friday, 23rd March.

The news comes as no surprise: GAME failed to stock many of Nintendo's 2012 games, including The Last Story and Mario Party 9, and the Nintendo distributed Tekken 3D: Prime Edition.
Where are my pre-order bonus AR cards, Nintendo?!

Chesskid1

Banned
whats the latest i can preorder on amazon and get release date shipping for 99c or whatever + the orig? never preordered before but do want this game on release, im just weird and dont wanna order it right this moment.

i was holding off cause im a left handed and dont want a CPP but seems it doesn't matter.

whats the latest i can preorder on amazon and get release date shipping for 99c or whatever + the orig? never preordered before but do want this game on release, im just weird and dont wanna order it right this moment.

i was holding off cause im a left handed and dont want a CPP but seems it doesn't matter.

I think it's usually 1 or 2 days. I'm pretty sure they use overnight shipping.

Thoraxes

Mine too.

Some things I saw

- the single player is about 12 hours long
- no MK7 communities
- there is no "no stylus mode"

Yeah, I guess I should've mentioned that after watching the video. I didn't notice anything being said in there about it, and after reading through a lot of the comments in here, I think a lot of people definitely thought that was the case. The only "surprise" in that video was that you can choose to also use the d-pad if you wish.

Mine too.

Some things I saw

- the single player is about 12 hours long
- no MK7 communities
- there is no "no stylus mode"

wait, there's no "no stylus mode" or is that a typo?

I clicked around and couldn't find mention of that. I see mentions that it controls well but is uncomfortable. Personally I use the Mario Kart wheel grip and that might help; I'm still interested in details about a no stylus mode.

Thoraxes

I clicked around and couldn't find mention of that. I see mentions that it controls well but is uncomfortable. Personally I use the Mario Kart wheel grip and that might help; I'm still interested in details about a no stylus mode.

Well there's the Japanese video which makes no mention of it, and https://twitter.com/#!/RichIGN/status/180047188230017024

Edit: I should clarify then, no dual analog.

@RichIGN Is there a stylus-free control scheme?

@Hamblasto Not that I have seen (but a ton of unlockable stuff so... hard to say) - there is a pad-free scheme though.

I guess there really is a stylus-free mode after all.

@RichIGN I ask because there was this clip (which I can't understand) where it looks like the stylus isn't used. http://youtu.be/fu3Q-9t2JdI

@Hamblasto Holy crap. I misread one of the options screens. Okay, so yes there is LOL. D'oh! =)

@RichIGN Does the game really have a no stylus mode? If it does, is it any good?

@Ninjashroom5 Ack! It does. Just went back to double-check. I will test though I don't think it will change my opinion too much. We'll see!

Conor 419

Banned
I say we get about 99 people signed up, and randomly assign them into squads of three. Give everyone a weeks training in the mountains and then let the tournament begin!

As expected the English dub is quite different:

Japanese hot spring scene:

Palutena: It's ok to take your clothes off. I'm not watching.

Pit: You are watching, aren't you?

Palutena: I told you I'm not...

Jarsonot

"a ton of unlockable stuff" makes me happy. I'm so looking forward to this! I'm definitely susceptible to that dangling carrot of meaningless unlocks!

Top Bottom