• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS XBOX: Early Access Thread

Night.Ninja

Banned
29c87683-2408-48ea-a374-37d3514e16d7.jpg

Buy
Xbox Store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/c0mn5dn8kr3f?wa=wsignin1.0

CD Keys - https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one

Stats
http://pubgxboxstats.com/

Xbox club

https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/clubs/profile?clubid=3379878748669214

Controls
01_PUBG_controller_basic.jpg
02_PUBG_controller_aim.jpg

03_PUBG_controller_vehicle.jpg
04_PUBG_controller_swim.jpg

05_PUBG_controller_map.jpg
06_PUBG_controller_inventory.jpg

Tips
Can confirm the Reddit post about improving frame rate by turning off DvR capture in settings under preferences. It feels like a solid 30 now. Playing on One S.

Patch Notes
Patch 1 - 12 Dec 2017

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.
Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:
Gameplay
Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
UI/UX
Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
Character
Tweaked hair color options
Animation
Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
Others
First pass visual and performance improvements
Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
Keyboard functionality is disabled
Bug Fixes
Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
Fixed typo in the controller guide
Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.
See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team

Patch 2 - 22 Dec 2017

Xbox players,
Sincere thanks for your continued feedback, and as usual please direct your thoughts and issues to: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/
The team will continue to evaluate areas for improvement, whether its client and server optimizations or monitoring the current ”Car Meta". Our second patch is focused on quality of life fixes (weapon recoil for example) as well as trying to resolve some of the stability issues that have been brought to our attention.

We expect to release our next patch at the beginning of the year, but we will monitor player feedback carefully and will address critical items over the holiday break as needed.

Thanks again for your support.

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Optimization
Continued performance optimizations

In-game
The tuning range for the general sensitivity option has been expanded
Weapon recoil reduced across the board (Xbox Only)
Team UI will now correctly display voice chat status
Additional Localization updates

Bug
A variety of crash fixes
Fixed an issue where casting bar UI remains onscreen when spectating a target who died while using an item from their inventory

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team

Quick OT put together, I will try to keep it updated!

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i can't play games like this
it only ends up with me having anxiety.
and stopping.
My heart starts beating in my neck etc.

Getting massive mad and angry.

anyone else has this issue i am fine with playing against super hard bots.
(unreal tournament)

but i cant for the life of me find fun in mp only games.
i just cant.

halp :(

Shifty

and stopping.

(unreal tournament)

i just cant.

PUBG is a heart attack simulator. Consider it the deep end of anxiety-inducing PvP games.

I find playing with a group on voice chat helps, solo matches are far more tense and stressful in my experience.

amdb00mer

Don't know how I feel about the Fire Weapon mapping also being for Grenade, especially the hold thing. I mean, what if your holding down for an automatic and accidentally do something to throw a grenade by mistake.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
PUBG is a heart attack simulator. Consider it the deep end of anxiety-inducing PvP games.

I find playing with a group on voice chat helps, solo matches are far more tense and stressful in my experience.
Yeah i was thinking that coop mp like dm was a little less fucking rage inducing.
but as you name it i think i am left out of this boat.

I am fine with racing games battling lap times. strangely

Calibos

Is that Xbox Store link for a digital version? I didn't think you could pre-order game preview games...

Night.Ninja

Banned
Is that Xbox Store link for a digital version? I didn't think you could pre-order game preview games...

its for a physical copy with a download code, I will update when It goes live

Got my first Chicken dinner! closest I've ever come in 4th on the pc

GravyButt

Should be here Thursday from amazon. No clue why they wer charging $4 for release date delivery (have prime) unless that’s something new

amdb00mer

So I picked up a code from one of the other key sites. Played a few matches. Definitely need to at least pair up for this.

Got a code from cdkeys last night. Game played really well i thought.
Res on the X is definitely higher than the 1440p i play at on pc, but the detail levels seems like low with some medium and high settings turned on.
Not to bothered by that though it looks good enough and game play is fun, more enjoyable than PC i think, but maybe because people haven't learnt to play it properly yet so i was bumping into alot of people just running around rather than being sneaky.
We'll worth a buy anyway

dudu0609

Neo Member
The impression from the other site seems quite positive considering this is an preview edition.
Will get this and renew my gold membership.
Wish PUBG have success on Xbox One.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The impression from the other site seems quite positive considering this is an preview edition.
Will get this and renew my gold membership.
Wish PUBG have success on Xbox One.
It's pubg so you can't really go wrong. People can choose to bitch about all that's wrong with it, or enjoy whats good. I enjoy what's good and look forward to the future patches and improvements.

RPS37

Watched enough videos prior to kind of know what to do. Having trouble telling where I am on the map.

chechi

Renewing my xbox live gold for the first time in ages for this game, really looking forward to try it out tonight. Btw the game looked pretty nice to me on some streams yesterday, but I dont know what to expect on xbox one vanilla performance-wise. Any infos there?

Renewing my xbox live gold for the first time in ages for this game, really looking forward to try it out tonight. Btw the game looked pretty nice to me on some streams yesterday, but I dont know what to expect on xbox one vanilla performance-wise. Any infos there?
Can't comment on the standard Xbox but it's not great looking on the X still it plays very good, and it's no looker on my PC either

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
and stopping.

(unreal tournament)

i just cant.

Its only a game.
Just think how insignificant video games are compared to real life things.
It does not matter if you die in a game, just have fun 😀

Lucifon

Coming from the PC.....damn this is rough! It's hard playing at 15fps on Xbox X

Yeah this is really, really rough. I'm honestly shocked Microsoft are giving it such promotion knowing it's in this state. The framerate is constantly all over the place, and plummets during close-mid range firefights causing serious input lag. It's just not fun to play in this state. Many won't understand what's going on, but they will feel it when it happens - I've already noticed many blaming a lack of aim assist but that's only a small factor, the input latency is the real issue here. Plenty of shooters have had no aim assist and still been fine.

30 is a shame for a game like this but I'm fine with it if it's mostly locked - dips during spawn island etc are all fine. But when you're dipping constantly and fluctuating all over the place below 30 during key moments it just ends up being a mess. Firefights become laughable as people spray all over the place and empty clips missing most their shots.

Sidenote - the inventory management is reallllyyy bad too, but I'm not actually sure the best way to handle that using a gamepad.

munroe

Besides the opening section where everyone just crowds around in a small area waiting for the game to start I've not really run into any performance issues

Game is fun and will be interesting to see future iterations as it's currently in game preview

Sorne

I'm having a blast with this game! The intro spawn area + parachute drop sequence sure runs like garbage, but once you're on ground it's fine. I just hope they keep optimizing it, to make it run smoother.

Top Bottom