• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

pronk420

Playing Solo unranked our team had a Master Yi who obviously was reasonably good as they got a lot of kills, but they kept running off on their own and farming the jungle even when we were in the team fighting phase. Like 30 minutes in we’d roll up down mid as a team and then just before we got to the tower before the inhibitor Yi would peel off and go farm the jungle while the rest of us had a team fight. They also seemed to be getting the red and blue buffs from the jungle every single time they spawned.

Is this weird or is it some high level gameplay I dont understand? Like every time we were pushing together somewhere and getting into team fights, I’d check the map and Yi would be off doing stuff in the jungle. Even after hitting level 18 they would always run off to get the red and blue buffs while everyone else was team fighting. We won with a final push all together but I think we could have done it a lot quicker if one of us wasn’t away farming all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't really have anything against this skinline but i don't think this skin looks very good

the ashe recall is fucking sweet tho

ashe.gif

easily the best championship skin yet

i don't personally ever like championship skins, but this one looks awesome. i think i bought zed for worlds last year so might do the same now

gotta funnel some more money to my dear faker

Yeah, it looks pretty sweet in game. I just have a hard time justifying another Ashe skin after Project lol
it's probably her best skin yet

it desperately needs a quiver tho, i can't remember if the other ashe skins have one but her auto animation looks so dumb without one

also this icon so good

2194b97346ac4c18.jpg

So I'm 2-1 up in my promo series to Platinum... here goes game 4.

Edit: And done. Plat V achieved. Highest I've ever got to solo. Last game was against an Ignite Lucian top who pushed up and got ganked early, then traded 1-1 and was down three whole waves. I stayed top and got a big lead by freezing and zoning, killed him once more when he came up. Meanwhile mid and jungle took over the game. Pretty uneventful.

pigeon

Banned
Why would you do a comic about Orianna losing the Ball when it literally teleports back to her constantly and that's a huge part of her mechanic

Why would you do a comic about Orianna losing the Ball when it literally teleports back to her constantly and that's a huge part of her mechanic

Same reason annie keeps asking "have you seen my bear tibbers" and its right in her fucking hands but shes like "have you seen muh bear tibbbuhs"

I want a good Rumble skin that isn't Super Galaxy. The other two might as well not exist for all they're worth (well, the pineapples on RitJ's R are a cool touch). SGR is just too loud and over-the-top for my tastes, though I acknowledge its one of the best made skins in the game. I think a playful skin like Pool Party or Snow Day would be good for him, maybe even Academy. A more serious army type of skin could work too, since he's pretty big on fighting for Bandle City (Resistance Rumble).

But as bad as Rumble's skin situation is outside SGR, at least he's much better off than Yorick.

pigeon

Banned
Same reason annie keeps asking "have you seen my bear tibbers" and its right in her fucking hands but shes like "have you seen muh bear tibbbuhs"

No that's pretty normal for kids. They're like "Have you seen my toy LET ME SHOW YOU MY TOY" and you're like "I've seen the fucking toy okay" and then they incinerate you

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish people would learn not to hit baron wards that you've pink warded

it's like, the whole point of sneaking baron is being sneaky ffs

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i don't really have anything against this skinline but i don't think this skin looks very good

the ashe recall is fucking sweet tho

ashe.gif

easily the best championship skin yet

i don't personally ever like championship skins, but this one looks awesome. i think i bought zed for worlds last year so might do the same now

gotta funnel some more money to my dear faker

it's probably her best skin yet

it desperately needs a quiver tho, i can't remember if the other ashe skins have one but her auto animation looks so dumb without one

also this icon so good

2194b97346ac4c18.jpg

yooo how do i get that skin & icon? buy em outright?

i really wish people would learn not to hit baron wards that you've pink warded

it's like, the whole point of sneaking baron is being sneaky ffs

do you have a good video on all the types of warding?

i have been just getting the ward items (sightstone early, different ones later) esp as support but i don't think i get counter warding and seekers , etc

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like flex has really become a cesspool

probably gonna do normals instead from now on, the plat rejects i get on flex complaining about why i try champions in ranked get really tiring

yooo how do i get that skin & icon? buy em outright?
yeah you buy the skin and you buy the icon. there might be a skin+icon bundle, maybe?

do you have a good video on all the types of warding?

i have been just getting the ward items (sightstone early, different ones later) esp as support but i don't think i get counter warding and seekers , etc
not really, but i don't play support

generally i feel jungle chokepoints are good and i like deep lane wards cos it tells me where ppl are without minions around. also killing wards is super good so buy red trinket and tons of red wards to clear out their vision

Tizoc

No she isnt asking if u know where tibbers is
She is asking if you want to see her bear tibbers; "have u seen my demonic fire bear? No? Let me introduce u!" *presses r* "YAY TIBBERS" *and adc dies and blames support*

No that's pretty normal for kids. They're like "Have you seen my toy LET ME SHOW YOU MY TOY" and you're like "I've seen the fucking toy okay" and then they incinerate you

No she isnt asking if u know where tibbers is
She is asking if you want to see her bear tibbers; "have u seen my demonic fire bear? No? Let me introduce u!" *presses r* "YAY TIBBERS" *and adc dies and blames support*

ya'll need some history on lol comics

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of history, yesterday i missed like 3 skillshots in a row and elise starts flaming me and i'm like it's just that rengar is too tanky and she didn't get it and flamed me more

speaking of history, yesterday i missed like 3 skillshots in a row and elise starts flaming me and i'm like it's just that rengar is too tanky and she didn't get it and flamed me more

talking about flaming

I played dota and this guy raged over voice chat

and that's why voice chat is super not cool. It's always funny when people bitcg tho.

New runes shit

You start with 1 Summoner Shard and gain an additional Summoner Shard each time you cast a Summoner Spell.
Swap a Summoner Spell to a different one by exchanging 3 Summoner Shards at the shop. Additionally, gain 15% Summoner Spell cooldown reduction.
(You cannot have two of the same Summoner Spells)

Holy shit this is potentially huge

this is insane and I love every bit of it.

Granted, depending on the other keystones, not everyone will be taking this one, but those that do are gonna have to do some thinking about how to utilize different runes and when to swap out for them.
Yeah, I doubt this will be conveniently sitting in offensive trees but I'll be damned if that doesn't sound like a sweet deal for certain classes of champs.

This sounds like a top laner's wet dream. Run offensive shit and swap in TP for mid/late game rotations.

Yeah, I doubt this will be conveniently sitting in offensive trees but I'll be damned if that doesn't sound like a sweet deal for certain classes of champs.

This sounds like a top laner's wet dream. Run offensive shit and swap in TP for mid/late game rotations.

Yeah. For Top laners it'll be fucking fantastic. Run something like Flash and Ignite/Exhaust for early game, switch up to TP for late, or switch to another utility spell if they don't need TP/can't utilize it.

Even Supports can make use of it, since Heal tends to be a laning skill primarily, and it loses a bit of that utility once you get into teamfights(Not saying it can't be used for clutch saves, but something like exhaust might be better depending on how the enemy is doing).

zkylon

zkylewd

i feel i'm at a point where i don't really care much about runes anymore until they release full details cos if i don't know trees or tradeoffs or anything it's impossible to have a good opinion on this shit

There's some serious "WTF?!!" surprise plays possible with that rune. Suppose mid or AD switches to the TP summoner spell and joins top lane in a splitpush at the enemy team's side lane inhib tower while the enemy is baron baiting. Or the AD carry runs Ignite in the lane phase and swaps to Cleanse late game and escapes a Sej ult with it. Or I'm sitting top as Maokai watching Fizz get 6 kills in lane phase, notice my support doesn't have Exhaust, so I swap my TP out for it and ruin him in a teamfight. That is seriously game changing.

Newt

There's some serious "WTF?!!" surprise plays possible with that rune. Suppose mid or AD switches to the TP summoner spell and joins top lane in a splitpush at the enemy team's side lane inhib tower while the enemy is baron baiting. Or the AD carry runs Ignite in the lane phase and swaps to Cleanse late game and escapes a Sej ult with it. Or I'm sitting top as Maokai watching Fizz get 6 kills in lane phase, notice my support doesn't have Exhaust, so I swap my TP out for it and ruin him in a teamfight. That is seriously game changing.
Yeah, but that means that they forego another rune.

I'm willing to take a bet that ADC will run a rune that makes them better in lane.

pigeon

Banned
It's a good rune design because it makes you think that it enables a bunch of crazy shit but actually almost none of that shit will be cost-effective.

But some small percentage of people will identify one actually strong off the wall thing to do with it and that'll be cool.

Sadly it's probably not worth starting Smite just to buy Hunter's just to do a camp before lane and get level 2 early, because then you're stuck with Hunter's.

It's a good rune design because it makes you think that it enables a bunch of crazy shit but actually almost none of that shit will be cost-effective.

But some small percentage of people will identify one actually strong off the wall thing to do with it and that'll be cool.

Sadly it's probably not worth starting Smite just to buy Hunter's just to do a camp before lane and get level 2 early, because then you're stuck with Hunter's.

But you can utilize that early smite to steal an opponents jungle and then safely swap it out.

Top Bottom