• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Zach

I'm imagining it now:

tumblr_nlstnmnott1sx3znro1_500.gif
I love you, Menome.

Zach

You're also a likeable boy, Hasney.

I'm watching this UK special thing. Nice to hear JR. What is up with the green screening, creaky ring, and bad lighting? I deserve better than this.

I'm enjoying this UK show outside of WWE's "relatively unknown grappler" bullshit.

Whoever said Nigel sounds like a darts commentator was on the money but it kinda works.

Either way this is a good wrestling show.

The one true savior of Stardom

giphy.gif
Holy shit lol

Is Stardom as a product overall worth it? I've been curious to check it out but kind of assumed the roster would be super top-heavy, talent wise. Like a few incredible women but then a lot of OK stuff (solely because I've only seen like 5 girls regularly talked about from it)

At some point I'll surely try out that and Progress

Holy shit lol

Is Stardom as a product overall worth it? I've been curious to check it out but kind of assumed the roster would be super top-heavy, talent wise. Like a few incredible women but then a lot of OK stuff (solely because I've only seen like 5 girls regularly talked about from it)

It is top heavy talent wise but still really good.

They kind of shit the bed a bit moving from youtube to Stardom World. A lot of good stuff isn't there and the site is kind of shit to navigate. But it is a great promotion with a lot of awesome stuff to watch either way.

Foggy

Holy shit lol

Tough to say if it's worth it. It's at least worth a shot to see if you like what they offer. They run shows frequently so there's almost always new weekly content and the pre-match and post-match promos are subtitled. The downside is they only upload one or two matches per day, so a weekend main event won't typically be available until the following Friday.

Quality of matches can vary but it's mostly been good. There's very little long term booking to speak of, for better or worse. They overly rely on foreign wrestlers of varying degree of capability instead of local freelancers outside of Kagetsu, Hana, and Hiroyo Matsumoto. Younger wrestlers like Jungle Kyona and Konami(Kana/Asuka's protege) are quite fun to watch develop though, as well as Momo Watanabe even though she's recovering from injury.

Personally, I would wait to see what Stardom does to handle the losses of Kairi and Io first. If their reaction is to sign local high quality talent then I'd jump in and give it a go. If their reaction is to just bring every random US and UK wrestler under the sun for a couple weeks at a time, I'd be gunshy.

There are so many good Stardom shows from years ago that were always easy to find but they have never re-uploaded. It is something that really pisses me off. When they have all these years of great shows and just sit on them then slowly upload new stuff I struggle to know why.

Bischoff was absolutely correct regarding Orton's comments, which is noteworthy because the times Bischoff's absolutely correct ever can be counted on one hand

"I like Randy a lot and I have a ton of respect for him so I do not mean this to be any kind of a shot at Randy. But Randy has the luxury of having a very successful career with for what is in all intents and purposes — it wasn’t intentional but [WWE’s] a monopoly.”

“Yes, WWE makes a lot of money and as a result so does Randy. Randy hasn’t had to change his style because he has the privilege of working for a company that is able to pay Randy a lot of money. And he doesn’t have to go out and make his living on the independent circuit. Randy doesn’t have to go out and create new fans. All Randy has to do is stay on the treadmill.”

Bischoff continued on the subject by saying if he were a young worker in the indies he would take offense to what The Viper said in his comment. “[Randy] has that luxury, that privilege of getting [his] seven figures and having a check show up in the mail once a month for things he doesn't even remember doing, and getting merchandise money because [he has] this machine behind [him] that prints that money. And a lot of people don’t, the vast majority of people don’t. It’s a little bit like the music industry where 2% of the people make 98% of the money. Well, I don’t think that 2% of the people who are making 98% of the money should necessarily look down their nose at the other 98% who are trying to craft a living.”

I agree with him too and it should have been said.

But it is still funny how he says "I don't mean this to be a shot on Randy, but I'm going to go full shoot on this fucker".

Foggy

There are so many good Stardom shows from years ago that were always easy to find but they have never re-uploaded. It is something that really pisses me off. When they have all these years of great shows and just sit on them then slowly upload new stuff I struggle to know why.

It's a skeleton crew. Their social media guy does the subs and possibly does the uploads as well since whenever they're running a show there are no uploads. It's a shame, but ultimately you can find the show you need in the usual places if SW doesn't have it.

It's a skeleton crew. Their social media guy does the subs and possibly does the uploads as well since whenever they're running a show there are no uploads. It's a shame, but ultimately you can find the show you need in the usual places if SW doesn't have it.

Ah, right. I suppose that is fair enough.

To be fair and it is unfortunate, I can imagine they have very few subscribers to cover the cost of timely uploads and cataloguing of older content. It is a shame though.

With Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai going to WWE soon, it will probably give a big spotlight to Stardom even with them leaving, would be a shame for the catalogue to be in the state it is in now, in a way (being no fault of the people employed to run it in this case).

The entire time Trips was just trying to be Punk's friend, no wonder he was lobbying for that mania match at 30 when Punker was down in the dumps!

Raw64life

Betting odds now have Jinder winning against Orton lol

Although if true, it doesn't necessarily means he's winning the title, just that he's winning the match. He could win by DQ or countout just to keep the feud going.

Hasney

Betting odds now have Jinder winning against Orton lol

Although if true, it doesn't necessarily means he's winning the title, just that he's winning the match. He could win by DQ or countout just to keep the feud going.

I mean, I know they always want Raw to be the A show, but this seems over the top.

Top Bottom