• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that, in your opinion, are less than the sum of their parts

Sande

I agree about Nioh. On paper I should love it but I just don't feel like playing it at all.

I think the terrible loot system is the main culprit. I would genuinely enjoy the game more if it was removed completely. Currently it's just exhausting and not at all enjoyable. Gearing up your character shouldn't feel like an annoying chore.

Not a game, but a studio: Guerilla Games output. Like take every single aspect separately and their games should be the second coming, but ultimately they never manage to come together for me in a neat package.

I agree with this. I find the old style Zelda dungeons just so off-putting. I know I'm going to be in this huge place for ages, and if I take a break and come back in a week or so (sometimes a month or more) I will have forgotten everything. BotW dungeons, I can do in a day.

Just for the record.. that is not at all the reason I like them. I like them because they actually made me think about how to use my stuff and the ability to manipulate the dungeon to achieve my goals. With other Zelda games, it's always been very easy to tell what to do.

Top Bottom