• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Online officially canceled according to Neowiz

ant1532

Banned
in all seriousness this game looked like SHIT. hopefully they are doing this because they want to make a good game.

Beth Cyra

Ugh. That poster with X was the thing that I've been most hyped over since I first saw it.

Well if Project X Zone is my last adventure with him, well at least Monolith Soft showed him the most amount of love since X3.

wwm0nkey

in all seriousness this game looked like SHIT. hopefully they are doing this because they want to make a good game.

Looked better than this.

mega-man-becomes-a-social-rpg-for-ios-in-rockman-xover.jpg

at this point Capcom should just sell the Megaman IP.

They make a ton off selling megaman toys and related merchandise licensing. Why bother making games? They get free money now for doing nothing but licensing off the game for merch, they aren't gonna sell off the IP

SykoTech

Gee, isn't that surprising.

Can't say I was excited for this, Legends 3, or Universe. Neither looked good. But it would be nice if they would have been replaced by games that did look great instead of a whole lot of nothing.

Inafune needs to make his own Mega Man clone next or something.

wwm0nkey

If Capcom is going to try to change the series when they make a new one it would be cool if they just made Demons Souls: Megaman Edition where you make your own Megaman.....actually I would be ok with this.

But nope probably going to get more iOS games.

And this one too.

If Capcom is going to try to change the series when they make a new one it would be cool if they just made Demons Souls: Megaman Edition where you make your own Megaman.....actually I would be ok with this.

They were sort of trying this with Mega Man Universe, but that game was apparently announced way too early, and holy cripes was it ugly...

IronLich

Wait, I thought this was already known the Megaman MMO was done? Is this just the official company giving said game its last rites?

wwm0nkey

And this one too.

They were sort of trying this with Mega Man Universe, but that game was apparently announced way too early, and holy cripes was it ugly...

Can we just get a movie of this? Seriously it would be awesome.

Well customization thing yes but I do think Megaman can actually work in a Demon Souls type of gameplay as well since the game is about learning your enemies moves and ect. That and Legends are the only 2 3D Megaman style of gameplay I will accept.

wwm0nkey

Since I brought it up twice, I have to ask. If Capcom rebooted Megaman in the same vein as Demon Souls (NOT DARK) and made you build your own Reploid, how would you react?

C.T.

It's a convoluted plan by Capcom to kill Megaman inorder for him to rise from his grave. He'll be better than ever. Believe me.

Videoneon

I was interested in how the hub worlds would work and I remember watching the Sting Chameleon and Pharaohman demos and thinking it could be cool.

Capcom.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I love how they just keep finding forgotten Megaman projects to cancel.

Azure J

This is one of those things where I knew this was the outcome but seeing it confirmed still says a lot. At least Capcom can't take away those awesome animations.

CTLance

Meh. I'm a pessimist, so it was probably for the better. Sniffle.

I mean... it was. Right?

...right?

Please someone tell me the game would have been crap.

Random Megaman content: For some inane reason my brain just barfed up a long-forgotten fan video. This one. Has it been ten years already? By golly. I blame the Nanaca Crash thread.

Top Bottom