• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

krispyk

UK Gaf!

Where are you all getting your shallow shelving units from! Other than the Ikea towers, I am struggling to find something that isn't too deep!

Dr Dogg

UK Gaf!

Where are you all getting your shallow shelving units from! Other than the Ikea towers, I am struggling to find something that isn't too deep!

What sort of units are you after? Argos have some shallow, as in 4"/10cm deep stuff ranging from cheap to stupidly expensive. I got some room dividers from Asda Direct which are just the width of a dvd/bluray case in last years clearance sale that work perfectly and just tacked on some spray painted some fibreboard on one side.

krispyk

What sort of units are you after? Argos have some shallow, as in 4"/10cm deep stuff ranging from cheap to stupidly expensive. I got some room dividers from Asda Direct which are just the width of a dvd/bluray case in last years clearance sale that work perfectly and just tacked on some spray painted some fibreboard on one side.

I shall take at look at their website thanks. I don't want anything massively expensive, just something that isn't too deep.

Add an Alienware X51 to the HT set-up and a Kinect to my 360. Now all I need a black Wii U to go in the bottom center to complete the awesomeness!

8378704726_f89bc482e1_b.jpg

guest1321

I was thinking about getting an inexpensive air filter ($50) on amazon. I don't know how effective it will be in the short term but I have to believe that after having it for a month or so and vacuuming several times to stir the pot, it would do a great job of clearing out a majority of the dust.

I'm okay with a little bit but when black electronics (static really makes it worse) or controllers start greying up from dust, it drives me crazy.

We had moved into our first home last year, and I've been slowly working on the basement since last May (It was not finished). The space is now useable so I guess I can show you guys what's up.

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

JVC DLA RS55 (4K eShift projector)
64" Samsung PN64D8000 plasma
100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
Panasonic BDP-220 3D bluray player
360 Elite
PS3 Black Cloud Edition Japanese PS3
Sinclair Audio Surround Sound Speakers (Towers, Centre, and rears)
Monoprice in-wall speakers
Klipsch SW-110 Subwoofer

I'm still working on it so I'll take final pictures once it's all buttoned up!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
^^^^^

Lovely. Wife and I are moving in to our first home soon and this gives me hope for our basement.

Fox1304

My setup, moved into a new condo recently and got a lot of it renovated (those are maple hardwoods). Wanted something that looked kinda minimalist and uncluttered, which is hard because I have a LOT of games. Thanks to my brother Thrilltacular for helping build all this.

What is the color of the Besta where you store all your games ? Is it wood-brown ?

I'm American, and I've lived in 14 houses/apartments in my life. 12 of them have had wall to wall carpet in all but the kitchen and bathrooms.

FOOTE

I got to ask, is all that wall-to-wall carpet a popular american thing?

I could see it in the bedroom or the kid's room, but the living room? Always looked so strange to me.

Yes it happens a lot, but it's also very common to NOT have all that carpet.

Great stuff, Mattlikewhoa.

Deku Tree

We had moved into our first home last year, and I've been slowly working on the basement since last May (It was not finished). The space is now useable so I guess I can show you guys what's up.

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

360 Elite
Klipsch SW-110 Subwoofer

Nice !!!
How do you decide for which content you use the Plasma vs. the Projector?
Is that a marantz receiver?

My setup, moved into a new condo recently and got a lot of it renovated (those are maple hardwoods). Wanted something that looked kinda minimalist and uncluttered, which is hard because I have a LOT of games. Thanks to my brother Thrilltacular for helping build all this.

Remarkable setup.

How is the wire work behind the TV Stand. Is everything plugged in to power bars? What kind of switch are you using to change components?

Only complaint is that you need a bigger TV!

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

360 Elite
Klipsch SW-110 Subwoofer

mate do u mind pming me or posting your settings for the tv? I have a pn64e8000 plasma and im keen to see your optimal settings. thanks.

Me and my wife are looking at getting a new house this year and all this is doing is making the ideas for my game room explode.

I'm going to need like 4 rooms to use all the ideas I've gotten from this thread

These look awesome

Thanks for the comments - yeah I haven't really gotten around to decorating yet, I'd like a few pictures (probably framed prints of Kandinsky or other abstract impressionists) and definitely some plants. I only very recently moved in (like, 2 months ago) and still not completely unpacked yet!

I'm in a townhouse surrounded on both sides by empty-nesters.. so I'm a bit worried as far as getting a 7.1 setup. Even though I'm a huuuuge music fan, I've never felt a surround setup would be too necessary but maybe one day soon (when I have a bit more moolah).

What shelving units are those? They look nice and hold a ton it seems.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Remarkable setup.

How is the wire work behind the TV Stand. Is everything plugged in to power bars? What kind of switch are you using to change components?

Only complaint is that you need a bigger TV!

Well, the wire work is fairly messy but I have everything organized to the best of my ability with velcro cable ties, all of the systems are plugged into 2 surge protectors.

The TV has the following inputs:
1 - Composite/Component - have a Joytech switch box hooked up via composite, this switch box has 7 different inputs and are all for my retro systems (NES, SNES, N64, CD-X, Saturn, Master System, Duo)
2 - Component - Xbox 360
3 - Component - Japanese PS2
4 - Component - Wii
5 - HDMI - PS3
6 - HDMI - WiiU
PC - Dreamcast via Blaze VGA Box

Definitely do need a bigger TV though! Hopefully by the end of the year, really eying a Panny 60". But money is a bit tight at the moment.

What shelving units are those? They look nice and hold a ton it seems.

They are BESTA (product 801.021.32) - they are 72" tall, and there are 3 of them attached to each other.

The game systems are held in 2 of these shelves (product 201.021.54).

And of course I bought all the doors, door snaps, and the legs (for the TV stand).

There's a bit of a problem with ventilation for PS3/360 so I leave the doors open when I play. I just wanted things with doors on them because it makes dusting soooooo much easier.

They are [URL="http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/#/80102132" said:
BESTA[/URL] (product 801.021.32) - they are 72" tall, and there are 3 of them attached to each other.

The game systems are held in 2 of these shelves (product 201.021.54).

And of course I bought all the doors, door snaps, and the legs (for the TV stand).

There's a bit of a problem with ventilation for PS3/360 so I leave the doors open when I play. I just wanted things with doors on them because it makes dusting soooooo much easier.

Oh, besta. Ya those are nice in the grey, I don't think the BILLY stuff comes in grey. Good thinking stacking them. I'm so used to besta being lower as tv stands and not so much as bookshelves. Nice designing work.

audiogremlin

Neo Member
Not much has changed with my setup. Everything is still in a tiny room in the basement.

All console gaming and music listening happens here.

Samsung 42 inch LCD TV. Old but still fine for gaming.
XBox 360
PS3
Hauppauge HDPVR Gaming Edition for the times I want to record my matches.
Street Fighter 4 Round 2 TE. Got 4 of them...2 for XBox, 2 for PS3.
The rest of the stuff is my audio gear.

DSCF0319_zpsb2659246.jpg

This is the newest addition which isn't pictured above.
Hori LCD Monitor 3 HDMI version for the PS3. I have no idea why I bought this but it's cool to have.

DSCF0333_zps7cc0fc2d.jpg

Immediately to the right of the console setup is my gaming PC. I used to have it as a racing setup but have converted it to a fighting game setup. The pedals are still on the floor if I want to hookup the wheel and stick.

DSCF0317_zps7f7e4b2b.jpg

Here's a pic of the fighting game setup on the PC.

DSCF0311_zps49817a5a.jpg

Sony Duo 11 Windows 8 ultrabook/tablet, MacBook Air 13 inch for surfacing the web and headphone listening, MacBook Air 11 inch for downloads.
Not pictured are the handhelds which are behind the Air. There's a Sony PSVita and a Nintendo 3DS XL.

DSCF0316_zpsb619d2ae.jpg

Headphone setup.
Sennheiser HD800 headphones
Headroom Amp/DAC
Headroom powersupply

DSCF0030_zps2f69c788.jpg

Finally, to the left of the console system are the hard drives. In the picture are 26 drives. There are 2 others below the MacBook Air. Currently have 54.5 TB of space. I really need to do something to make this a cleaner setup. The drives are getting out of control.

DSCF0321_zps76e130f7.jpg

Just got this new addition today. Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 Premium VLX for XBox. Always wanted one but could never find a seller until recently. Thing is a beast.

DSCF0351_zps94cd0918.jpg

What is that unit in the corner? It's so tiny and awesome (if it is an actual arcade machine)

It's a custom made arcade machine, a little smaller than what you might be used to.It rocks a 23 inch LCD monitor which is kewl, just need more space to actually play the thing.

Allforce

It's a custom made arcade machine, a little smaller than what you might be used to.It rocks a 23 inch LCD monitor which is kewl, just need more space to actually play the thing.

Did you make it yourself or buy it from somewhere? That thing is right up my alley, small and unobtrusive, and 2 player!

I want plans.

I just did a pretty massive clean-up of my room. I think I'm ready to actually show it off. It's not great, but it's no longer completely shameful.

2013-01-16004357_zps74bab4a9.jpg

Soniq 50 (?) inch LCD
That white bar is a wireless Wii Sensor Bar. Below that you have a 360, a Wii U and an Atari Flashback unit on the ground. I can't see it staying there for long.

2013-01-16003956_zps3858b088.jpg

2013-01-16004020_zps2ae7a7a7.jpg

My controllers, handhelds, chargers and a few other accesories for the consoles I have out. I packed the PS1, PS2 and Wii away. Without seeing use, they were just taking up space. To the right, out of the picture, is my laptop. It's on its way out, so I'm replacing it in March.

2013-01-16005523_zps92e26d8d.jpg

My games collection. Left side drawers are all 360 games, bottom right is for DS and PSP, middle right is for Wii U, PS3, 3DS and Vita. Top right is for Wii and PC. The PS3 itself is a family unit, so it sits out in the main room, along with a lot of the games. I might get one of my own one day, but I doubt it.

2013-01-16003825_zps809fe8eb.jpg

2013-01-16004204_zps096117e9.jpg

I do so love my rhythm games. A few of the guitars are broken, however, so I should probably throw them out.

As promised I took some pictures today. We went to our first flat in late August last year after living in my GF's parents house alongside them for a few years. We wanted to get something special and we guess we got it :) It's a really great flat on the sixth and seventh floor. Neighborhood is quite nice as well.

Can't compete with chitta and tabris though it's quite nice :)

our little dressing room
01.jpg

bed alcove
02.jpg

reading lounge
04.jpg
Pictures of the galery
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
18.jpg

view from top to down
19.jpg
20.jpg

couch waiting for guests (Ikea Bedinge) - otherwise populated by plushies
09.jpg
Work/Gaming station of my gf
08.jpg

and mine
17.jpg
Games collection in self made shelf - yes, the Wii games are too heavy, I need to stabilize it somehow
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
lower floor - tv lounge area
21.jpg
36.jpg
22.jpg
24.jpg
Ambient lighting with a combination of two Philips Living Colors (we both have our own remote that way)
26.jpg
28.jpg
Sky Light 7.5m from bottom to top
31.jpg
30.jpg
Kitchen area with breakfast bar with great view over the city
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
Dining area
32.jpg

We do need some paintings aka pictures on some of the walls though. The Mastersword one is ace. I'd take this too :D

sikkinixx

Still messy but I had a minute so figured I would snap a few terrible phone pictures. Windows are all closed up as our roof is being redone (silly owner decided to wait until it was leaking...) and shit is everywhere!

8387215393_f656aa9033_b.jpg

8387215565_7e255f39fb_c.jpg

Top Bottom