• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Krack!n' - the new show from the creators of The Katering Show

New episode tomorrow!

Synopsis: "McLennan is a bit off-colour today, and McCartney is left to carry the show while her co-host deals with whatever's happening in her nether regions."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Princess Charlotte's favorite Katy Perry song is 'UR SO GAY'".

"Katy Perry and Taylor Swift back opposite sides in Syrian conflict."

"Harajuku culture was invented by Katy Perry."

lol

DrSlek

I love that all of episode 3 is a reference to Katy Perry wanting to do an episode in season 2 and then never following through.

New episode tomorrow!

"McLennan apologises for making a problematic joke about bisexuality, but it will take more than that to convince McCartney that she's not a monster. #GetKrackin"

New episode tomorrow!

"A Women's Health episode is interrupted by news of a large-scale incident. The exact details are unclear but the Kates are prepared for anything. #GetKrackin"

elfinke

Woah, didn't expect to see a thread for this on GAF! Kate and Kate at this point are absolute national treasures. The Katering Show is top-tier, and I've enjoyed Get Krackin' almost as much so far.

Just magnificent.

btw: still no news on this being picked up outside of Australia. Read in an interview that they had a hard enough time pitching it in the States so it might be a while for you guys :/

Final episode tonight!

"It's the season finale and Get Krack!n has lost its major sponsor, but the Kates have no other skills so the show has to get renewed. (Final) #GetKrackin"

I agree. I think it would be better if they played it straight. When the show has them going off on tangents, falling asleep, randomly walking off set, and sitting there texting, it takes me out of it quite a bit. (not to mention deliberately making the animations "funny" (the dripping blood above the eyelid, which you'd never see in a real news show) and the absurd messages in the chyron like the Shit! calendar, calm and white, cunt, etc.)

Still think the show is pretty funny though.

This is exactly how I feel. The show is funnier when it plays it a bit more straight and it actually works better as a satire that way. This way it's basically more of a sketch show.

Edit: I still like the show mind you.

Did anyone watch "Edge of the Bush," the short series with short 15min eps that was on afterwards? Shares a lot of the same actors and McCartney directed it. It started off a little strange but by the end it was brilliant. May contain elements of Incest, Country Music and calisthenics.

Dachande

So is this good?

It's fantastic. They've got a huge amount of mileage out of the format. Helen Bidou is one of my favourite characters ever.

I can't believe it's not getting pushed harder outside Australia. Trying to watch it elsewhere is a real struggle and it shouldn't be.

PaulloDEC

It's fantastic. They've got a huge amount of mileage out of the format. Helen Bidou is one of my favourite characters ever.

Helen slays me every time. Such a magnificently unhinged performance.

Also this.

its_just_bread_manahqvs.gif

PaulloDEC

I've been hearing good things about this, but...please tell me the show is usually better than this.

Better than the clip I posted? It's kinda hard to say; I love that clip, but it isn't really a representation of the show as a whole. It's an extremely varied program in terms of style and content.

I've been hearing good things about this, but...please tell me the show is usually better than this.

Yeah this sketch is pretty out of line with the rest of the show - those three guys are from another comedy group (Aunty Donna) and this scene is way more of their style than what Get Krackin normally does. I wouldn't let this clip put you off watching, it's not really indicative of the show at all, and GK is genuinely great.

Top Bottom