• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

Mariolee

That was incredible. My only qualms are the Panther transformation scenes that look cheesy and fake af and Michael B Jordan looking like a generic doppleganger film. I'm so afraid he'll be wasted like Mads Mikkelsen in Doctor Strange, but I'm trusting Coogler.

Sounds like Chadwick's channeling Mandela with that accent.
mjgrin.png

Although I won't be surprised to find he'll be playing Mandela is his next biopic.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wakanda St in East LA

Y'all joke but it would've either been that, Atlanta, or Hawaii. Somewhere cheap to shoot lol

The big moment of last week's Inhumans was Medusa jumping off the 3rd floor of a motel

Khasim

All I know about Black Panther is from MCU so forgive my ignorance, but is the villain here going to be another 'MCU's Evil Version of the Protagonist' or is there more depth to this character? That's kind of disappointing if it's another one of those boring villains.

The rest of the movie looks dope though, especially Wakanda and the costumes.

____

because it is a work in progress for most comic book trailers? They will be working on it right till January in this case.

And for this just look at some of the panther suit scenes involving the cars, running up the building etc.

Gotcha. I'll check it out, thanks for the reply!

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm worried that Michael B Jordan is too cool and I'm going to end up rooting for the villain through sheer force of his charisma and sweet hair.

I'm worried that Michael B Jordan is too cool and I'm going to end up rooting for the villain through sheer force of his charisma and sweet hair.

MBJ is amazing, but I feel pretty secure in Chadwick Boseman being able to keep us rooting for T'Challa throughout the film.

The cast and crew for this movie is superb.

Cool trailer, although I'm worried about how much of the action is going to come down to conspicuously CG characters twirling around in mid-air.

At least I'm sure the drama will be on point.

Korosenai

This movie looks amazing and i'm going to love it and watch it multiple times... but seriously? Another Marvel movie where the villain is an exact copy of the hero? Like they really give the villain in this a black panther suit? Why?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
FOR FUCKS SAKE MARVEL

I'm tired of these doppleganger villains. Think of something original.

Hulk vs Abomination (Bad Hulk)
Iron Man vs Evil Iron Man
Ant Man vs Yellow Jacket
Doctor Strange vs Evil Sorcerer
Black Panther vs Evil Panther

I was all on board with Michael B. Jordan as killmonger until you made him another Dark Link version of your hero like every origin story.

I was so hyped for the trailer and actually liked every moment of it until i saw "evil Black panther" suit....i was like come on guys. Are they out of ideas that every villain is just a dark copy of the hero?
Homecoming gave us something actually interesting in Vulture having a totally different powerset to Spidey.

But an evil black panther is just gonna be two black CGI bodies battling each other.

Please let Evil Black panther only be like the first act let Klaw be the true villain.

mortal

Gold Member
Looking good, looking good.

The first trailer definitely had the better song selection, though. Sorry, Vince.

Top Bottom