• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Probably not true at all, but another Reddit rumor regarding NYCC and the new JL trailer.

I always work there when its on, and I just help around with the setting up of the panels. They were doing the rehearsals for WB, and they played the JL trailer, along with the Tomb Raider trailer, and it seemed like a new Ready Player One trailer. I didn't see the trailer but I heard it. The song I think was by Royal Blood, I'm not 100% sure. But it did sound boss af, as the actions scenes were in time with the music. There was some dialogue reused like Steppen saying "This world will fall like all the others". Some cool dialogue that stayed in my head was Bruce saying something like "He was a beacon that I could never become, even in his death he inspires hope" and Aquaman (probably saying to Steppen) "I've seen the devil and it ain't you". Overall, the trailer was like the last BvS trailer super action heavy and it sounded really cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/72e5hx/i_work_at_nycc_and_i_heard_the_last_jl_trailer/

He posted a WB crew shirt that they supposedly gave out, but I dunno if it's real or not.

They could just wait for Thor. There will be a lot of eyes on that movie so it makes sense to piggy back off that too.

I doubt that. Thor is too close to Justice League and I think they wanna start before that. Also, it makes sense to shift marketing from BR to JL, right after BR is out.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
21910656_1727331454239807_7239116503520378880_n.jpg

Love gosling but he has too nasally a voice for Bruce Wayne. All these guys practically studying brandos voice when they grew up haha.

He would be dope for a cocky Hal Jordan tho

Why? The only picture that has been pushed back in DCEU is The Flash. Everything else has made the date.

Oh more in a pleasantly surprised way. It's not that I thought it'd get pushed back or stuck in limbo, just that a Shazam/Captain Marvel is actually being made and its actually shooting soon.

When they first talked about a shared universe after MoS, this would not be the first film I would have expected but I can't wait.

Busty

Banned
Speaking of Blade Runner, I still think Goose will be the first guy WB tries to get as Affleck's replacement. I can see them trying to get a big name for the role again, if possible.

Possibly.

I think
Jake Gyllenhaal
seems more likely at this point.

Apparently the studio likes him and has been wanting to do something with him for a while.

Who knows?

J_Viper

Love gosling but he has too nasally a voice for Bruce Wayne. All these guys practically studying brandos voice when they grew up haha.

He would be dope for a cocky Hal Jordan tho

Lmao dude would need the Death Meta voice mod for sure

I wonder Bats is even using a voice mask in JL. He only has one line in the trailers while costumed, and it seems to be Affleck using a deeper voice without any filters.
You have the worst choices for replacements.

You haven't even heard my Channing Tatum pitch though

Possibly.

I think
Jake Gyllenhaal
seems more likely at this point.

Apparently the studio likes him and has been wanting to do something with him for a while.

Who knows?
He'd kill it, but he seems even less likely to put on a cape than Gosling

Gal has the best face in Modern Cinema?
Nah. Margot Robbie gives her a run for her money just in her universe.

Can't imagine Edgerton having enough humor.

J_Viper

He can do both.

What are you talking about lol. He has plenty of time to come back if he and they wanted him

I want him back too, but I feel like there have been too many signs pointing to his exit. Casey straight up saying "he's not going to do it" is what pushed it off the edge I think.

Unless JL is a gigantic hit and WB literally begs Ben to come back, I'm on the side of it not happening.

Penguin

Sorry, bad wording. If we don't get those, then it'll tell us about the movie or what WB thinks of it. All their well received movies have gotten critics impressions before the embargo lift.

Seems like some folks are questioning the Blade Runner embargo...

Shenanigans going on w/ BLADE RUNNER critical rollout. Filtered screenings, NDAs (!!!), shifty embargoes ... weird pattern. Extreme caution

https://twitter.com/JLDlite/status/912767289560141825

Ross61

I want him back too, but I feel like there have been too many signs pointing to his exit. Casey straight up saying "he's not going to do it" is what pushed it off the edge I think.

Unless JL is a gigantic hit and WB literally begs Ben to come back, I'm on the side of it not happening.
WB doesn’t have to beg shit lol. After Live By Night coating them millions he should beg them.

This topic is a dead horse anyway. We won’t know anything until it happens. So why keep talking about it?

J_Viper

WB doesn't have to beg shit lol. After Live By Night coating them millions he should beg them.

This topic is a dead horse anyway. We won't know anything until it happens. So why keep talking about it?
Well that's kinda the thing. He clearly doesn't want to do it anymore, so if the feeling is mutual with WB, that particular partnership is dead.

This topic is a dead horse anyway. We won't know anything until it happens. So why keep talking about it?

Because there's nothing else to talk about until the trailer hits : )

And then there won't be anything to talk about it JL hits : )

And then there won't be anything to talk about it Aquaman hits : )

Ross61

Well that's kinda the thing. He clearly doesn't want to do it anymore, so if the feeling is mutual with WB, that particular partnership is dead

Except that he’s said multiple times that he does want to keep playing.

There’s a dozens of things to talk about until JL hits. You only seem concerned about posting pics of Ben and talking about replacements :)

Ashhong

Well that's kinda the thing. He clearly doesn't want to do it anymore, so if the feeling is mutual with WB, that particular partnership is dead.

You keep talking in absolutes yet with absolutely no proof. He clearly doesn't want to do it anymore? The only, and I mean ONLY, official word we have received on it is from Ben himself saying he loves Batman and that he will do it as long as they want him.

Top Bottom