• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Almost Vita Edition

Seda

Anslon seems to be slacking this week, so here we go. Whatcha playin?

boxMetroidPrimeTrilogy.jpg

Going through the Metroid Prime games.

Covenant_of_the_Plume.jpg

I also need to get Valkyrie Profile DS out of the way.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
3DS: Tales of the Abyss
PS Vita: Uncharted Golden Abyss

the abyss week for me

Amory

Kirby%27s_Epic_Yarn_Title.png

I like this game a whole lot.

Also Twisted Metal, when I can actually get in on a MP game which is rare...

Bumhead

Banned
resident_evil_revelations_3ds.jpg

Started another run through on Hell Mode and keep dipping in and out of Raid mode.

Love the game, but this week the thread title couldn't be more apt for me. I'm basically just passing time any way I can before Vita.

I've been playing [Redacted due to NDA] *wink*

Also, some FFXIII-2 and FFXIV.
I've been staring at my Vita games, if that counts for anything. At least the Japanese games have full-color manuals.
22nd can't get here fast enough.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - I'd shelved this because of the PS3 problems but post-patch I'm getting back into it, by which I mean starting my main character again because I accidentily deleted my save file.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Not too far into this so far, it's alright, gameplay is fun, characters are passable if a bit unremarkable.

Soul Calibur V - I've had no luck getting online so far but I'm enjoying the quick battle mode enough. I can't help rush off to the character creator after every few matches though.

Amy PSN
amy1-440x270.jpg

Completed it - good survival horror title that's crippled by bad framerate

Alice PS3
Alice_madness_returns_cover.jpg

Completed it - loved the style, outstays it's welcome a little bit

Dear Esther Steam
de_logo.jpg

Completed it - short and sweet

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3

final-fantasy-xiii-2.jpg

Completed it - great game, restores my faith in SE

Enslaved PS3
10174149-1282751092-798000.jpg

Playing now - and struggling to get through it, the framerate is abysmal and the mixture of sharp textures and blurry camera movement really fucks my eyes up. Onto Chapter 4 and not sure if i'll finish it. Disappointed, Heavenly Sword was much better

Apdiddy

ALL SOULS ALL THE TIME

Demon%27s_Souls_Cover.jpg

Continued on NG+ playthrough -- beat the armored spider, got invaded by a dude, he died. :(

Lmxd3.jpg

Last I checked,
beat the Golden Crystal Golem & Hydra in Darkroot Basin, going after Okami's Big Brother Sif, trying to level up equipment & weapons (like Drake Sword & Zweihander). I want the famous Lightning Zweihander!

And

Vanquish - Mission 1, just to break it up a bit.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Still popping this in from time to time. Doing the Thieves' Guild questline and doing some Daedric quests.

Oh yeah, forgot:

Mass Effect 2 - Gearing up for ME3. Playing on the PC....in the Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC mission.

My girlfriend bought me Super Mario Galaxy for a Valentine's day gift.

Fantastic game!

Can't see myself playing anything else until I've finished it.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gravity Daze - the reason i got a vita. so worth it.
Tales of Destiny director's cut - best battle system in the series. lovely music and animation too.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - i've decided it's time to finish all the bonus missions. easier said than done. :p
Super Metroid - do i need a reason?

Anth0ny

Dark Souls
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Meat Boy
Super Mario 64
Resident Evil Revelaitons
Super Mario 3D Land

Such a good rotation!

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: I should be finishing SMT: Strange Journey, but I picked this up and, well...
God of War HD: Bought this off PSN on a whim. I'm finding the combat not quite responsive enough. LOL at
sacrificing that soldier
though.
Mutant Mudds: This game is deceptively good. Believe the hype.

nHDR

Banned
360:
Skyrim - 53 hours in.
Dead Space 2 - chapter 10/15.
SSF4: AE - endless player matches with friends.

PS3:
Infamous 2 - 26% done.

I have more games I need to beat. The problem is I always end up using all the time on SSF4: AE. Multiplayer is a backlog KILLER.

I'll probably do some AE rounds tonight, then some Skyrim grinding to end the night.

61rSdFXwvOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just learning characters and stuff. That's about all there is to do there.

614oDMHCtNL._AA300_.jpg

I quit TOR and went back to WoW. WoW is a much better game.

41kXCp%2BUyeL._AA300_.jpg

Beta

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Dragon Age Origin Ultimate - Great game, everything I wanted from Skyrim. Love the story and chars, great lore, great combat. With ultimate I get the expansion and all the DLC and I paid $13.

DC Universe Online - Bumped my self to premium and am just getting into the game. Very well done, love the F2P model. I would have never paid for the game and monthly due to time.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
NLRVE.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Revelations: I got my small tax return back this week, and I had planned ahead to get one game. I've been wanting to play AC:R since it's announcement, but other games took priority. I'm not very far (just did the
Altair
mission), but I'm already liking it more than Brotherhood

QNnxS.jpg

Mass Effect 3 Demo: The SP portion was pretty basic. I didn't have any major issues since it's obvious they focused on combat. I'll reserve my judgment on the story for the full release. On the other hand, the MP is fucking nice. I can see myself playing it a lot in the future.

kunonabi

Resonance of Fate and maybe some Amy for me. Outside of the first cutscene the framerate hasn't really bothered me in Amy.

Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-Review.jpg

Played like 30~ hours of this before I stopped. I couldn't finish it because it just got too boring, easy and repetitive. The story was forgettable and uninteresting generic fantasy. It's such a forced attempt to create a new Tolkien-esque legendarium that most of the stories get drowned out in a bunch of unimaginative made up names.

bf3.jpg

Just killing time as usual.

Just ordered MGS HD so I plan on playing that in a few days.

7threst

Ever played Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2? If so, I'm curious to hear what you think of Covenant. For me the atmosphere was great (depressing, like Valkyrie Profile should be) but overall the game was pretty disappointing.

Anslon seems to be slacking this week, so here we go. Whatcha playin?

boxMetroidPrimeTrilogy.jpg

Going through the Metroid Prime games.

Oi! I'm going though the very lengthy process of trying to get a promotion. It takes a ton of time and stress, but when I'm at home and not stressing out, I'm Playin:

SWtQzl.png

Mass Effect

It's sucked me back in like a Singularity. I've learned that the renegade choices are not always the "choose this to skip conversation and start shooting" options. It's made it a lot more fun.

TvDZ8l.png

PilotWings Resort

It's a proof of concept, not a game. I decided to quit after clearing a few challenges.

5eP1Xl.png

Mass Effect 3 Demo - Multiplayer

I woke up extra early this morning to get two rounds in. I have no regrets about that or the CE I preordered from Amazon. It's fun and I can't wait to shout to switch weapons.

I also played some Zen of Sudoku, but I'd rather not show a picture of that. It's sad. It's so sad that one of it's achievements is to tell 3 people about it via E-mail, and the e-mail server no longer works.

I'll do better once this process is over, until then, I'd like to thank Seda for kicking it off this week.

theBishop

Banned
I've taken a break from gaming since Skyrim. A little MAG and Payday online, but not much else.

I'm looking forward to trying Dear Esther tonight. Gamepad support on PC!

Oppo

Been replaying Mass Effect 2 on PC, ahead of ME3. I played it on 360 originally.

This is the real FemShep. That one in the BioWare trailer is some strange impostor.

Also it's fun playing this game at an ungodly rez. (click thru to see)

Carbonox

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Fantastic
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Started with Metal Gear Solid 3 HD and can't wait to play Peace Walker for the first time

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
BATMAN Arkham City

Been playing it since start of February, my mind little by little is becoming jello

Fucking Challenges >_<;

Top Bottom