• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Noob question: Am I able to drop and pick up players after the game tonight? I want to drop Lacy and pick up Cohen asap. And am I able to pick him up or do I have to wait for him on the waiver wire (not exactly sure what the waiver wire is, but I've got 9th priority)

You can drop anyone at pretty much any time.

As for picking someone up, if your league has a waiver system then you will put in a claim for whoever you want (Cohen). This will not get processed until probably Tuesday or Wednesday depending on league settings. Goes straight down priority list. So if the #1-#8 guy want Cohen, you lose him to whoever claimed him with highest priority. But if #2 goes for say, Kupp and then also Cohen, they would order their claims for priority. They value Kupp more, they take him and only him, then priority goes down the list. You take Cohen, then #2 guy loses out.

Priority is layered priorities, and every time you take a guy you go back to last pick in the league, in a continous cycle,

Does that kind of make sense?

Cappa

Banned
Noob question: Am I able to drop and pick up players after the game tonight? I want to drop Lacy and pick up Cohen asap. And am I able to pick him up or do I have to wait for him on the waiver wire (not exactly sure what the waiver wire is, but I've got 9th priority)

You cant drop and pick up players that have already played a game, until ALL GAMES have been completed. (Unless your league allows it, which would be dumb.) Most leagues free agent waiver claims start on Wednesdays. So before lets say Wednesday at 0900am you have to have bids in to be able to claim a player.

9th priority means, 8 people have "first dibs" on a player. So if 9 people claim Tarik Cohen, you would not get him because there are 8 people ahead of you. It goes in order of priority. 1st priority can pretty much claim whoever he wants.

Priority resets in many ways, depending on how your league is setup. Priority can be based on draft order, so if you drafted 1st youd have last priority and vice versa. If you use a priority, you drop down to the last position. So if you have 1st priority, and you use it on a player that week you would drop down. If you dont use it, you keep your position in the priority. Some leagues do it by record, teams with the worst record have the highest priority and teams with the best lowest etc.

Anyone else like how Yahoo! now posts lifetime win-loss records for anyone's fantasy profile in your league?
You can see who the sharks are at a glance no matter what league you happen to be in.
If they've got a .600 winning percentage or better and a bunch of trophies to their name spanning a huge chunk of games, they probably know what they're doing.
Lifetime Record: 123-91-1
Lifetime Winning %: .574
Trophies Won: 6

Thanks for making me feel good about myself! I almost make the cut!

EDIT: I went and looked at everyone else. Some folks have a trophy or two more than me, but I have the best win record. I do like this addition!

PillarEN

Serious question time. Should I go after Cohen? I have first dibs on waiver. I'm usually hesitant to make knee jerk reactions in the first 3 weeks to see how things really pan out. Still, I wonder if I need to add to my RB squad in a half PPR league.

My team

Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GJSJpOx.jpg[/IMG]

Really regretting my TY pick :/ I totally spaced Luck being hurt when I picked him. He was money for me last year

Yeah, I thought I got a late-round steal with Frank Gore but was unaware what was going on with Luck. That whole offense is awful without him.

How about Fournette though? A great start I was pumped to see. Looks like he'll be a true bellcow back and is going to be involved in the passing game as well. Those who drafted him should be feeling good.

Cappa

Banned
Top pick-ups this week for sure

For small roster / 10 team leagues(none of these guys are available in any of my RTFFC leagues)
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp
Tarik Cohen
Chris Carson

For those in competitive 12 team 18+ rosters

Kerwynn Williams
Buck Allen
Mike Tolbert
Phillip Dorsett
Corey Davis
Deshone Kizer(looked great in Week 1)

Tom Nook

Top pick-ups this week for sure

For small roster / 10 team leagues(none of these guys are available in any of my RTFFC leagues)
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp
Tarik Cohen
Chris Carson

Kerwynn Williams
Buck Allen
Mike Tolbert
Phillip Dorsett
Corey Davis

Thanks

Hopefully, I can get Golladay or Cohen.

Luck owner whose streaming QB till he gets back.

Not sure If I'm going to use Cousins or find someone else.

Im going after Carr. He plays the Jest this week.

Cousins was disappointing yesterday as my streamer. Offense doesnt look nearly as good as last year.

Hell, I'm debating dropping Crowder for Kenny Golliday. Also want to pick up Cohen but not sure if dropping any of my other RBs would be worth it. Hmmm

glad i drafted Golladay for the time being. I have waiver 2 and putting in for Cohen and Allen. I'm thinking giving Cohen the priority?

Cappa

Banned
glad i drafted Golladay for the time being. I have waiver 2 and putting in for Cohen and Allen. I'm thinking giving Cohen the priority?

I mean, I love Cohen, but if you´re in PPR Buck Allen is going to be a PPR beast. Flacco is the King of Dink and Dunk. Its close, Id lean Cohen just because he seems to be the more exciting player but wouldnt be upset about getting Buck either.

bigkrev

I'm debating what percentage of FAAB to put on Golladay. I'm really thin at WR, but he screams out as a guy whose going to be a WR3 most weeks, and I like to save FAAB for RBs who emerge that can potentially be RB1/2s. 10% seems too low, but even 15% seems too high...

Cappa

Banned
I'm debating what percentage of FAAB to put on Golladay. I'm really thin at WR, but he screams out as a guy whose going to be a WR3 most weeks, and I like to save FAAB for RBs who emerge that can potentially be RB1/2s. 10% seems too low, but even 15% seems too high...

Everything Golladay has done in Training Camp, Preseason and now Week 1 points to him being capable of being a low WR1 / High WR 2. Id be shocked if hes nothing more than a WR3 by the end of the season.

UberTag

Kizer was QB7 in my league's scoring format this week.
For those of you who own Drew Brees, Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins who have a Week 5 bye, I'll point out that Kizer is at home against the Jets that week.
Tyrod Taylor put up pretty solid stats against them under similar circumstances for the Bills yesterday.

Next week probably won't be so pretty. Cleveland takes to the road to play the Ravens D who imposed themselves upon Andy Dalton to the tune of 4 interceptions and a lost fumble in Week 1.

Luck owner whose streaming QB till he gets back.

Not sure If I'm going to use Cousins or find someone else.

Big Ben went undrafted in our league so I picked him up as my 2nd. I'll probably play him against the vikings at home in a most likely a hard matchup but after that he's being dropped since he has 2 away games after that.

I'm starting to regret drafting luck in the 10th round when I could have went with someone else

ugh

and since my team had an abysmal showing this weekend, i'll have first priority on waiver claims and i'll probably aim for cohen even though I play in standard(i'm sure his value is much higher in ppr) since my rb's aren't too hot

6 FUCKING POINTS to make up with Eli Manning and the Giants defense and they couldn't do it. Fucking wow. Fuck you Eli Manning you inbred fuckface. I sat Matty Ice thinking his trip to Chicago might be tough and you could be competent against that Dallas secondary. I done goofed.

PillarEN

6 FUCKING POINTS to make up with Eli Manning and the Giants defense and they couldn't do it. Fucking wow. Fuck you Eli Manning you inbred fuckface. I sat Matty Ice thinking his trip to Chicago might be tough and you could be competent against that Dallas secondary. I done goofed.
I feel for you. Also lol at the bolded

juicyb

So I'm down 17 points with Adrian Peterson and Kyle Rudolph left to play. My opponent has Michael Thomas and the Broncos D. Am I fucked? I think I'm fucked.

Tom Nook

So I'm down 17 points with Adrian Peterson and Kyle Rudolph left to play. My opponent has Michael Thomas and the Broncos D. Am I fucked? I think I'm fucked.

Yikes

I can see Rudolph give you at least a TD. For AP, maybe about 3 rec and at least 50yds.

UberTag

Yep, fantasy football is clearly back for another season.

gutshot

Why would you sit Ryan?

vdEcXzy.png

Pick the D of anyone that plays the Jets.

i'm shooting for the ravens this week

good defense + playing the browns

if I had told you that alex smith and jared goff would outscore aaron rodgers, tom brady and russell wilson this week

you would have probably laughed at my face

and look what happened

Why would you sit Ryan?

vdEcXzy.png

I thought may Chi's D would give him some issues and actually at the half it looked like the right choice; he had like 4 points in my league. Then they figured it out.

And did not count on Eli and co. being that bad against that Dallas secondary. Wtf.

Pretty much. Can't remember anyone having Ryan ranked lower than Manning on any site. Plus the thought of OBJ being out should have cemented Ryan on top. This one is on dude.

It really is. I know OBJ wasn't in but really thought Eli could manage better than 200-some-odd yards and an INT.

Anyway, point is I didn't need him to do that much at all, but he went ahead and did even less than that.

jfkgoblue

My love for putting Kelvin Benjamin in all of my leagues has hurt me this week.............but I still believe.
I didn't learn from my mistake in trusting a Carolina pass catcher, they always have decent averages for the season but then you get weeks like this week where they don't get shit for targets.

I'm in a work PPR league and I haven't played in PPR for years so I'm a little less in tune as I usually am in terms of player importance. So far my team looks pretty amazing. Scored 160 against my opponent who made like 50.

My roster is as follows
QB Cam Newton
Derek Carr

RB Kareem Hunt
Ty Montgomery
Jay Ajayi
LaGarette Blount
Dalvin Cook
Latavius Murray

WR Antonio Brown
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Brandon Marshall
Sterling Shepard

TE Ben Watson
Tyler Eiffert

K Mason Crosby

Def Panthers
Falcons

So I feel pretty good about my starters but a couple questions about bench. I put in waivers for Oakland's kicker cause holy Christ he's good and offered up Watson. Also put in a waiver for Washington's RB Murray.

So my question is if anyone thinks those waiver pick ups and adds are bad or if I'm good and also should I be terrified of Andy Dalton's performance Sunday and what that could mean for Eifert

gutshot

So I feel pretty good about my starters but a couple questions about bench. I put in waivers for Oakland's kicker cause holy Christ he's good and offered up Watson. Also put in a waiver for Washington's RB Murray.

So my question is if anyone thinks those waiver pick ups and adds are bad or if I'm good and also should I be terrified of Andy Dalton's performance Sunday and what that could mean for Eifert

Don't waste a waiver claim on a kicker. If you want to pick him up, okay, although you don't really need to as Crosby is fine. But definitely don't use a waiver on him. Just wait until he becomes a FA.

I'm not sure who RB Murray is. Do you mean DeMarco Murray or Latavius Murray?

Top Bottom